Author Topic: Celtics remain must-see TV for Lakers  (Read 7024 times)

Re: Celtics remain must-see TV for Lakers
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
What makes Fisher think that the Celtics thought last year was their "last chance"?  Did they tell him that? ::)

Also, how can this Ding guy confirm it's "accurateness". He's saying that in the collective minds of last years Celtics team, they saw themselves as One-year wonders with a "now or never" approach. Did anyone involved with the team, from the players to coaching staff to the ownership, to the vendors; ever make a statement that even remotely hinted towards these feelings? Is that what KG screams when he's running back up the court after a dunk? From my living room it appears to be mostly profanity, but I suppose it could be remarks about the 08-09 C's having no shot.

Or, it could be that this guy doesn't know what accurate means.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 08:26:30 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
sometimes i DO T

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 08:29:48 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
whoops my bad. sometimes i do think we had to win it last year. the negativity that would have come from our media and (in my opinion) most sox fans would have been harsh. let's not forget how badly we were mocked for being c's die hards.(at least i was anyways). the c's would have been called chokers by the casual boston sports fan.it would have made it a lot harder this year i think.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 08:35:51 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
What makes Fisher think that the Celtics thought last year was their "last chance"?  Did they tell him that? ::)

Also, how can this Ding guy confirm it's "accurateness". He's saying that in the collective minds of last years Celtics team, they saw themselves as One-year wonders with a "now or never" approach. Did anyone involved with the team, from the players to coaching staff to the ownership, to the vendors; ever make a statement that even remotely hinted towards these feelings? Is that what KG screams when he's running back up the court after a dunk? From my living room it appears to be mostly profanity, but I suppose it could be remarks about the 08-09 C's having no shot.

Or, it could be that this guy doesn't know what accurate means.

The truth of this is made even funnier by the fact that consensus opinion said that our year would be this year, not last year.  Last year was supposed to be the bumpy road of having three superstars getting used to playing with each other.  Nobody really expected us to win coming into last year.

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 08:55:43 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
This just makes me want it to be June so badly!

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 10:17:18 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Time to remember this.  By the look on Fishers face there is going to be some bad blood on Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LdQNXuayyk&feature=related

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 10:26:26 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Time to remember this.  By the look on Fishers face there is going to be some bad blood on Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LdQNXuayyk&feature=related

haha that was great, I never saw that before. Fisher is so p---ed . On a side note how freaking annoying is justin timberlake? Perk should have gave him an elbow to the head .

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 10:28:47 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I hope the celtics read this and every other article that comes out like it

Do you really think anyone on the celtics walks around visibly upset after lakers win a ball game? now thats just hilarious, we're already in their heads
I also find it hilarious that they feel like they're leagues better than us, and are so overconfident about winning future titles that they didnt need to try in the finals?...HAHAHAH CLASSIC
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:37:16 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 10:56:41 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Funny thing is that for a team that supposedly thinks that Celtics had only one year to get a championshp they are spending an awful lot of time thinking and worrying about the Celtics. I have yet to hear much from the Celtics worrying about the Lakers. Fisher sounds really foolish saying what he said while the Lakers are actually tuning in and getting mad that the Celtics win.

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 12:23:02 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
This just makes me want it to be June so badly!

Remember, T43, there's plenty of fun to be had in the journey, too.  :D

But I hear ya...there's nothing like the Finals...another match-up with the purple and gold would be incredible.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2008, 02:11:03 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
It's nice to know that the Lakers spend their downtime watching the C's. It's good that the C's are so far in the Lakers' heads they can see out their eyes.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 07:17:15 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

hey, when you quit on yourself, you have to rationalize it somehow.

The real story is you didn't want it enough, and you quit in 2 games, 4 and 6 derek. It had everything to do with desire, but not because you thought at some point "ah screw it, we can just win next year"

What really happened was you looked down deep and realized you. wern't. good. enough.

I hope they keep lying to themselves and think it was "we can win later, ah well" scenario, it will make them easier to beat.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:46:20 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 09:00:17 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

hey, when you quit on yourself, you have to rationalize it somehow.

The real story is you didn't want it enough, and you quit in 2 games, 4 and 6 derek. It had everything to do with desire, but not because you thought at some point "ah screw it, we can just win next year"

What really happened was you looked down deep and realized you. wern't. good. enough.

I hope they keep lying to themselves and think it was "we can win later, ah well" scenario, it will make them easier to beat.

That's how everyone saw it but them... they just weren't good enough.

Their fans are just as obsessed.  A couple of threads on the Lakers Realgm board:  "Where is the outrage? I see the hypocrasy"; "Lakers Need Upgrade at 3 to beat the Celtics"; and "How do we beat the Celtics on Christmas?"  ****
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson