Author Topic: Celtics remain must-see TV for Lakers  (Read 7060 times)

Celtics remain must-see TV for Lakers
« on: December 08, 2008, 06:35:07 PM »

Offline Dirk

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
Interesting article I found while looking around http://thelakersnation.com/blog/.

Here it is:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-celtics-room-2249800-bryant-milwaukee

couple quotes
In the training room, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom were among the Lakers in must-see-TV mode. And when on those TVs referee Jim Clark made a questionable ruling that benefited the Boston Celtics, the groans and profanities spewed from the Lakers' mouths.
The Celtics were playing in Indiana, where the Lakers just lost Tuesday night, and they rallied to force overtime on Paul Pierce's 3-pointer. When regulation ended in that game, Sasha Vujacic walked out of the training room and into the main locker room, visibly upset and shaking his head.

They sure are keeping an eye on our game and overall doing. haha, I would pay for seeing Sasha's face on that one.

check this other quote:
"Quite honestly," Fisher said, "if we're the best we can be, we'll beat 'em."
Fisher — accurately — pointed out the contrast in psychological motivations for the Celtics and Lakers last June. He said the Celtics viewed it as a "last chance" compared to the Lakers' "first chance." "That difference is why you saw more hunger (from them) in certain parts of the Finals," Fisher said.

Yeah, right. OK, so LA is younger and probably will remain one of the top teams for longer than our current core of players but, that's just a silly way of looking for an excuse to why they lost. We still got at least two more years of top performance and all the " no experience " people talked about last year, never came into play (we won it all). This season, they started with the " no posey " and " less hungry ". None of those are present either. We have more experience and our team is playing as good as last year, if not better. Our D is intact, Ray is playing like his old self, and our offense getting better by the day.

I need to fast forward to December 25th now. It's going to be tough @ LA, but we can pull it.
the team to beat...
a force to reckon with...
just pick your poison.

Re: Celtics remain must-see TV for Lakers
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 06:42:50 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
What makes Fisher think that the Celtics thought last year was their "last chance"?  Did they tell him that? ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
So Fisher is saying the Lakers didn't try hard during certain parts of the finals? That is rather sad if true and they don't deserve a championship if they feel they can throw it away. If you have a chance to get a championship you play your hardest, if not you should not be playing in the NBA.

But I think it is another way Fisher is trying to make the Lakers feel better about themseves after completely embarrassing themselves in game 6. Celtics are in their heads and I think in the long run it will only hurt them when they play against the C's.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 07:04:57 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
this is why the c's are better. even fischer who is supposed to be smart just made a moronic statement. it must be from the other losers he plays with. god  i hate them. kobe=i palm everyon'e head i can as a subconcious way of letting them know i'm superior. pau- "waaaa!! the c's fans were hittingt our bus after we just had are arses handed to us!" bynum  criticizes the coach in the press. odom  is just the biggest CHUMP in the nba. if there is one 6'10 dude i can beat up in the world it's lamr odom.
   every day i say a little joke prayer that the lakers are that stupid to NOT trade this piece of crud. to be completely honest i thibnk it would actually benefit the c's if they lost to the lakers both times during the regular season because the c's would be able to regroup and have the maturity to deal. the lakers would smarten up and make a deal.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 07:05:38 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
They guy who wrote this article is such a complete Lakers homer it almost made me throw up. Lakers and their fans continue to be the most delusinal fans and organization I have ever seen. I have never seen a coach like Jackson talk so much trash and they are not even playing until Christmas!

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I'd love to dredge up some more hatred for the Lakers here, but it sounds like they are simply trying to keep the Celtics fresh in their heads so they don't forget the bitter taste of losing to them in the Finals.  The Celts are their measuring stick.

Kobe
"They were stronger than we were: rebounds, fighting for rebounding position, getting second-chance opportunities," Bryant said. "They were moving guys around, just naturally stronger. …That's one of the things that stayed with us after The Finals."
Yup

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 07:17:39 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
that quote ,while true is also a way of kobe saying it was the big men who let the team down. it had nothing to do wityh the c's perimeter players absolutely refusing to let kobe turn the corner and get to the rim like he did to every other team in the playoffs he faced.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 07:18:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
check this other quote:
Fisher — accurately — pointed out the contrast in psychological motivations for the Celtics and Lakers last June. He said the Celtics viewed it as a "last chance" compared to the Lakers' "first chance." "That difference is why you saw more hunger (from them) in certain parts of the Finals," Fisher said.

Clearly last year was our last chance. That's why we're hovering around .500 right now...

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 07:20:11 PM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
Interesting article I found while looking around http://thelakersnation.com/blog/.

Here it is:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-celtics-room-2249800-bryant-milwaukee

couple quotes
In the training room, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom were among the Lakers in must-see-TV mode. And when on those TVs referee Jim Clark made a questionable ruling that benefited the Boston Celtics, the groans and profanities spewed from the Lakers' mouths.
The Celtics were playing in Indiana, where the Lakers just lost Tuesday night, and they rallied to force overtime on Paul Pierce's 3-pointer. When regulation ended in that game, Sasha Vujacic walked out of the training room and into the main locker room, visibly upset and shaking his head.

They sure are keeping an eye on our game and overall doing. haha, I would pay for seeing Sasha's face on that one.

check this other quote:

Yeah, right. OK, so LA is younger and probably will remain one of the top teams for longer than our current core of players but, that's just a silly way of looking for an excuse to why they lost. We still got at least two more years of top performance and all the " no experience " people talked about last year, never came into play (we won it all). This season, they started with the " no posey " and " less hungry ". None of those are present either. We have more experience and our team is playing as good as last year, if not better. Our D is intact, Ray is playing like his old self, and our offense getting better by the day.

I need to fast forward to December 25th now. It's going to be tough @ LA, but we can pull it.

I like to imagine Sasha's face looked a lot like when Ray blew by him to ice the finals.  My mind also happily imagines he had a towel and threw it and sobbed.  haha

I love this though.  Fisher is doing nothing but helping the C's get hyped.  Can you imagine KG or Perk reading these comments.  I'm pretty sure perk would break something.  

Oh, and all the Bynum will dominate this year talk.  Is there a player that takes things more personally on the celts than perk?  He takes pride in shutting down opponents and critics.  All the hype, all the talk.   PERK SMASH!!

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 07:27:05 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think its sad that Fisher has to resort to excuses and can't man up and admit his team got beaten.

As for it being the Celtics last chance, that's crazy. The core of the mid 90's Bulls was older and they won 3 in a row.

Portland may close the Lakers window soon and SA will give them a tough battle this year.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 07:34:36 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
The odd and funny thing about Fisher's comments are he is oldest guy on his team,older  than all of the Big 3,he will probably decline before they will.I can see his decline already by the way he defends.Analysts have pointed it out during games.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 08:02:24 PM by housecall »

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Does anybody see Fisher being able to affectivly guard Rondo?

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Thats what im talking about,heck no i never see him trying that hard to guard Rondo. :)

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 07:58:52 PM »

Offline Dirk

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 23
Thats what im talking about,heck no. :)

I don't think so, not the way Rajon is playing right now.
the team to beat...
a force to reckon with...
just pick your poison.

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 08:20:04 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
right. it won't be the same rondo this time around(if we get past cleveland who will be a different team). there's way to much talk about the c's age and if and when they will decline. kobe will decline as well and once kobe is gone (or deserts them) they are left with some talented but weak minded chumps. i just love to hate these guys. if there is one(maybe it's two)reason for why the lakers won't beat us it's the superiority complex of both kobe and phil over every single other person involved with the team.