Author Topic: The Anime Thread Revisited  (Read 59188 times)

Re: The Anime Thread Reloaded
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 12:51:02 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Did anyone watch Gintama??? already
seems like a good one
 ;D :P
p.m. for place if u want to chek it

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:01:32 AM by Edgar »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 01:46:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I didn't like Gintama, not the type of series for me.

Here's was coming up this Spring for those interested:
http://metanorn.kokidokom.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/spring2009ver2.jpg

Overall, these are the ones I'll be keeping an eye on:

Fullmetal Alchemist (remake that will follow the manga more closely)
Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom
Cross Game
Shangri-La
Eden of the East
Guin Saga
Sengoku Basara
Gallian Chronicles
Tears of Tiara
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin
Dogs: Bullets & Carnage
Asura Cryin'

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
what is the new one from the creators eureka seven again? i need to set up a list to DL tonight.

Also, ed, you watch any of E7 yet?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
what is the new one from the creators eureka seven again? i need to set up a list to DL tonight.

Also, ed, you watch any of E7 yet?

To crownsy¨:
no i get stucked watching death note and being awfully busy at job and home
hope I can resume all later

to B.C.:
I agree than gintama is nothing good. thats why the  :P i better use  ::) next time.

to all:
I watch a couple of Yu Gi Oh 5d in a nothing better to do saturday and its the best one so far, not that that makes it any remarkable.

Nice to be back!

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Not sure which one you're reffering to, and do you simply mean a BONES series? If so, you're probably thinking of Bounen no Xamdou that finished a couple of months ago. At least the series itself has a ton of similarities.

Let me know if this is not it.

If we're talking about OP/ED I've got quite a few that I like a lot. One of my favorites is the OP from Ergo Proxy, it sets up the series perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGR8WKHZZmM
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 11:03:51 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im not an anime fan, however, i am hooked on Afro Samurai!  season 2 dvd is unbelievably good, imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeCCUzf6UXU

*some adult content in the clip*

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Crownsy.

I just finished watching death noto yesterday, yes it took me a while but i LOVED every single second of it. even if its a predictable end but it was hell good.

Right now i want to watch the movie BONDS from shippuden, but i cant fint it subbed yet, only raw on anime crazy, i think it will be a good one.

I only have weekly series right now with naruto and yugi 5d, I have to start an old one because i dont have any for daily views.
so what do u say??

Eureka 7
any of the macross

Consider please the two series I am watching now
I want diversity.

Nice to be back!

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 06:33:59 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Crownsy.

I just finished watching death noto yesterday, yes it took me a while but i LOVED every single second of it. even if its a predictable end but it was hell good.

Right now i want to watch the movie BONDS from shippuden, but i cant fint it subbed yet, only raw on anime crazy, i think it will be a good one.

I only have weekly series right now with naruto and yugi 5d, I have to start an old one because i dont have any for daily views.
so what do u say??

Eureka 7
any of the macross

I want diversity.

crownsy???????
budweiser...??????
someone?????? :'(

Nice to be back!

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 06:19:52 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Crownsy.

so what do u say??

Eureka 7
any of the macross

I want diversity.

Hey ed, sorry it took me so long to get back to ya.

I honestly would watch eureka seven, i think you'd love it. Guindam seed is also pretty good, but IMO eureka seven is one of my top 5. Not only do you get giant robot fights, but you get a great story and few filler episodes (there are a couple near the end)

anyway, gotta run to work, but here are my two favroite OP's from the series, so you can get a look at the art style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvQyJKBfLro

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILokHXPGDvg&feature=related
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Planning on starting Samurai7
anyone watch it already?

thoughts

Nice to be back!

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 06:53:48 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Planning on starting Samurai7
anyone watch it already?

thoughts

Samurai 7 finioshed
Not a bad one
thanks for the comments on the other thread crownsy

If u or someone else read this how about

07Ghost seems interesting
probably will be the next one to watch
starting tomorrow

Any thoughts

Nice to be back!

Re: The Anime Thread Revisited
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 07:11:36 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I didn't notice this thread before! Maybe you will allow me a little exception, and let me present you a manga (and not an anime).

I know that the manga I'm going to talk about is edited in the US so I strongly recommend you to read it because it is simply awesome. It is called 20th Century Boys, by Naoki Urasawa. It's a thriller which evolves in different eras (the 70's, the 90's and more).

Basically, the story is the one of a group of japanese kids, in the 60's, who imagine the story of a group of terrorists who will attack different cities in the world and finally destroy the planet on the 31st of December 2000. The kids then grow up, the band is dislocated, and everyone lives his life of adult in the '90's. But then they discover that a guy called "Friend", the leader of a cult, is using the drawing symbol (see above) they used as children, and that he is really fulfilling the nightmare scenarios they imagined as kids. So they reunite and decide to stop him.

I know the scenario sounds odd, I found it stupid at first but when you read it, it's just awesome, you can't stop reading. The series counts 24 volumes and has recently been adapted into movies (3 movies, but two have been made so far).

I've made a website on the manga, and I've been running it since 2005. Of course it's in french so you won't understand much, but you can still take a look (take care because there are spoilers) : http://20th.centuryboys.free.fr

Monster is another manga from Naoki Urasawa, a great thriller too (published before 20th) but my preference goes to 20th.

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 08:14:58 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
I didn't notice this thread before! Maybe you will allow me a little exception, and let me present you a manga (and not an anime).

I know that the manga I'm going to talk about is edited in the US so I strongly recommend you to read it because it is simply awesome. It is called 20th Century Boys, by Naoki Urasawa. It's a thriller which evolves in different eras (the 70's, the 90's and more).

Basically, the story is the one of a group of japanese kids, in the 60's, who imagine the story of a group of terrorists who will attack different cities in the world and finally destroy the planet on the 31st of December 2000. The kids then grow up, the band is dislocated, and everyone lives his life of adult in the '90's. But then they discover that a guy called "Friend", the leader of a cult, is using the drawing symbol (see above) they used as children, and that he is really fulfilling the nightmare scenarios they imagined as kids. So they reunite and decide to stop him.

I know the scenario sounds odd, I found it stupid at first but when you read it, it's just awesome, you can't stop reading. The series counts 24 volumes and has recently been adapted into movies (3 movies, but two have been made so far).

I've made a website on the manga, and I've been running it since 2005. Of course it's in french so you won't understand much, but you can still take a look (take care because there are spoilers) : http://20th.centuryboys.free.fr

Monster is another manga from Naoki Urasawa, a great thriller too (published before 20th) but my preference goes to 20th.

Monster is my clear cut favorite anime (and I have seen a lot). After viewing it, this was one of those series that made me sad that it had to end, yet I was overjoyed that something of this quality exists.

I have heard nothing but good things about 20th Century Boys (although it is only in manga form at this point).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:09:06 PM by budMovin »
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »

Offline budMovin

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
I will throw another good series out there.
Texhnolyze
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texhnolyze

Amazing series, although it suffers from having one of the worst 1st episodes out there (only like 3 lines of spoken dialogue in it).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 09:09:24 PM by budMovin »
"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
                 -Gladiator

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2009, 10:56:27 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
thanks drucci and bu

both comment really appreciated

any info on ghost