Author Topic: The Anime Thread Revisited  (Read 59195 times)

The Anime Thread Revisited
« on: December 08, 2008, 11:13:26 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I know there are lot of good stuff there

I really want to recommend this new chapters

I am really really looking towards every other Thursday for new chapters

A new saga is just about to be released

And its 100 times better than old naruto

What do u think?

http://www.animecrazy.net/naruto-shippuuden-episode-86-and-87/5/

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:24:35 PM by Edgar »
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: Some good new Anime ( Naruto Shippuden)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 11:27:15 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I know there are lot of good stuff there

I really want to recommend this new chapters

I am really really looking towards every other Thursday for new chapters

A new saga is just about to be released

And its 100 times better than old naruto

What do u think?

http://www.animecrazy.net/naruto-shippuuden-episode-86-and-87/5/

I like it, it suffers somewhat from being a weekly series, in the sense that sometimes storylines get drawn out longer than they should, and it has more filler episodes than i like at times, but I'm a fan of the art style and story. It and Bleach are the only weekly ones i watch.

I found a few good none serial ones latley, I can't recommend Code geass enough, it ran 2 seasons. Black lagoon and claymore were also really good for newer anime's.

also death note was excellent.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 11:57:16 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Naruto Shippuuden suffers from awful pacing... and as said above, the fillers are bad. The manga is 10 times better. I stopped watching the anime a while ago, same with Bleach for that very reason.

As said above, Code Geass and Black Lagoon are amazing. Claymore was very good, but it screwed up at the end. I recommend the manga for that one so that you can continue the story. At around episode 22 or so the anime went its own way.

From the animes that started this fall in Japan, Casshern Sins is probably the best one, tough Toaru Majutsu no Index and Tales of the Abyss are enjoyable. Kurozuka is also good.

I really recommend Bounen no Xamdou too.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 11:59:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Naruto Shippuuden suffers from awful pacing... and as said above, the fillers are bad. The manga is 10 times better. I stopped watching the anime a while ago, same with Bleach for that very reason.

As said above, Code Geass and Black Lagoon are amazing. Claymore was very good, but it screwed up at the end. I recommend the manga for that one so that you can continue the story. At around episode 22 or so the anime went its own way.

From the animes that started this fall in Japan, Casshern Sins is probably the best one, tough Toaru Majutsu no Index and Tales of the Abyss are enjoyable. Kurozuka is also good.

I really recommend Bounen no Xamdou too.

a TP for Bounen no Xamdou , havent heard of it, going to look into it tonight.

you hear Black lagoon got a third season green lit for next year?

very happy about that, hopefully they will keep following the manga.

Also, you think code geass will get a thrid season and if so are you happy about it?

I'm kind of hoping it doesnt. I loved the series, but its verging on that 50 episode threashold where an anime just goes on far to long to make its point.

also, on an recent...er (new word for not sure when it was published lol) anime that was excellent and i thought ended well, Eureka seven was great. I've also heard rumors of an "end of evangelion" esq OAV for that, which i hope doesn't happen. I thought the end of it was clear enough while being open ended.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:08:32 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 12:22:54 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I'm up to volume 8 of the manga of Black Lagoon... not that impressed with the current arc, but lots of action for sure. And yeah I had heard of it a while ago.

I haven't watched the second season of Code Geass myself. In fact, I'm at episode 24 of the first season. The show went on a hiatus before airing 25 and 26, and I never got around to watching them. Will hopefully do so during Christmas break.

Eureka seveN surely was great... if you like that then you'll really like Xamdou too. From BONES too, and it has kinda of the same setup. Though Eureka I finished watching like 2 years ago, so I don't know about recent hehe.

Evangelion I never finished. I stopped like 6 years ago on episode 20.. never got around to finishing it. With that said... maybe this is what you meant, the Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0? Or is this something else?

Fullmetal Alchemist is getting a new series though, coming on April 2009.  Darker than Black is another series that came out last year which was good. I'm still hoping for a second series of that.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 12:24:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
even if its true the pace is slow
the show beneffits from special chapters

and easier tracking

what can i say, this upcoming season seems to be even better than last one
and thing seems to happend faster

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 12:26:19 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'm up to volume 8 of the manga of Black Lagoon... not that impressed with the current arc, but lots of action for sure. And yeah I had heard of it a while ago.

I haven't watched the second season of Code Geass myself. In fact, I'm at episode 24 of the first season. The show went on a hiatus before airing 25 and 26, and I never got around to watching them. Will hopefully do so during Christmas break.

Eureka seveN surely was great... if you like that then you'll really like Xamdou too. From BONES too, and it has kinda of the same setup. Though Eureka I finished watching like 2 years ago, so I don't know about recent hehe.

Evangelion I never finished. I stopped like 6 years ago on episode 20.. never got around to finishing it. With that said... maybe this is what you meant, the Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0? Or is this something else?

Eva ended at 26 episodes, but the last two were really open ended and kind of pretty much a "finsh it in your head however you want" ending.

The fans rebelled, so about 2 years later, they made a OAV that pretty much just expounded on the last two episodes, made them less open ended, and kind of pigion holed what happened at the end into a linear ending.

Some liked the move, others didn't. I was ok with how the series ended myself, and felt the OAV was an excuse to go "ok, well giant robot battles happened and a few characters died as well, pay us some $$$$ for a series that was already ended." but others felt like the OAV is a more fitting ending to the anime.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:27:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

and easier tracking

As far as Naruto goes, the original series was very good early on... probably the first 60 episodes or so, then it turned to crap. Shippuuden is vastly superior to what Naruto had become... but still I'm satisfied with the manga alone.

If you like this type of shounen/action stuff, try Hunter X Hunter (my favorite anime of this genre) and One Piece (don't watch the series that was released by 4Kids, they ruined it... you're better off finding some fansubs online).

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:29:20 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Eva ended at 26 episodes, but the last two were really open ended and kind of pretty much a "finsh it in your head however you want" ending.

The fans rebelled, so about 2 years later, they made a OAV that pretty much just expounded on the last two episodes, made them less open ended, and kind of pigion holed what happened at the end into a linear ending.

Some liked the move, others didn't. I was ok with how the series ended myself, and felt the OAV was an excuse to go "ok, well giant robot battles happened and a few characters died as well, pay us some $$$$ for a series that was already ended." but others felt like the OAV is a more fitting ending to the anime.

Well, there's Evangelion 1.0 that came out a couple of months ago... which was more of a movie like retelling the series or something. I don't know when 2.0 comes out... I just don't know if this is what you're hearing as a rumor, or if they're planning an aditional OVA to this movies.

And seeing from your quote, you probably missed my last paragraph:

Fullmetal Alchemist is getting a new series though, coming on April 2009.  Darker than Black is another series that came out last year which was good. I'm still hoping for a second series of that.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

and easier tracking

As far as Naruto goes, the original series was very good early on... probably the first 60 episodes or so, then it turned to crap. Shippuuden is vastly superior to what Naruto had become... but still I'm satisfied with the manga alone.

If you like this type of shounen/action stuff, try Hunter X Hunter (my favorite anime of this genre) and One Piece (don't watch the series that was released by 4Kids, they ruined it... you're better off finding some fansubs online).
Absulutely
and deffinetly, I really think Shippuden is only getting better
Stuff by the end of this chapter is simply great ( previews from next saga)
I will try Hunter tonight i promiss, i remember to watch a couple of chapters before but i cant remember for certain

Nice to be back!

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 12:33:57 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Hunter X Hunter you need patience with. At first it seems like a kids show, but it's probably the most mature I've seen of the genre. About 30 episodes in, the show really really picks up. It's from the author that brought Yu Yu Hakusho... another cool series, which I hated when it aired in English... but I finally tried it again in Japanese.

Hunter X Hunter is a 65 episode tv series, followed by 3 OVAs. I'm still hoping for a fourth one, but the manga hasn't finished its current arc yet.

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 12:38:34 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Hunter X Hunter you need patience with. At first it seems like a kids show, but it's probably the most mature I've seen of the genre. About 30 episodes in, the show really really picks up. It's from the author that brought Yu Yu Hakusho... another cool series, which I hated when it aired in English... but I finally tried it again in Japanese.
I liked yu Yu actually.  ;D
I will try hunter on weekend hopefully i will find it in my favorite place.
my record is at 20 chapters in one day....lol
so it will take me 2 days to be interested

Nice to be back!

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 12:40:50 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

By chapters you mean episodes right? [dang] Spanish speaking people for calling episodes capítulos. When you say chapters my mind goes to thinking of the manga hehe.

Well if you have trouble finding it, send me a pm and I'll try to track it down for you. The series is not licensed as far as I know, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

By chapters you mean episodes right? [dang] Spanish speaking people for calling episodes capítulos. When you say chapters my mind goes to thinking of the manga hehe.

Well if you have trouble finding it, send me a pm and I'll try to track it down for you. The series is not licensed as far as I know, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

lol yes...capitulos
Episodios.

I will.

Nice to be back!

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 12:47:30 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Well, there's Evangelion 1.0 that came out a couple of months ago... which was more of a movie like retelling the series or something. I don't know when 2.0 comes out... I just don't know if this is what you're hearing as a rumor, or if they're planning an aditional OVA to this movies.

And seeing from your quote, you probably missed my last paragraph:

Oh, i didn't even know about a retooling of the series, im talking the 1998 Eva OAV "end of evangelion" and the orginal series in 96, i'll check out the new 1.0 stuff.

I watched one piece up till episode 100 or so, fansubbed, but its just one of those thats gone on far to long IMO and all the storylines have been doen to death.