Author Topic: mock 2009 nba all star team  (Read 4228 times)

mock 2009 nba all star team
« on: December 07, 2008, 03:27:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Suprised such a thread doesn't exist so i'll start one

Remember that starters = most fan votes and reserves = most votes by coaches in their conferences(note: coaches can't vote for their own players)

Version 1

EAST

Starters

C: Dwight Howard
PF: KG
SF: Lebron James
SG: D wade
PG: Rondo

reserves

C: Rasheed Wallace
Pf: Bosh
SF: Granger, Pierce
SG: Ray Allen, Joe Johnson
PG: Harris, Derrick Rose

No decent nba fan can't realize that either rondo or devin harris are the top two pg in the east currently.(i'll puke if iverson is a starter at this rate). Its a tossup between pierce and caron butler at this point with granger definitely deserving a spot

West

starters

C: Yao Ming
PF: Amare Staudamire
SF: Carmelo Anthony
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Chris Paul

Reserves

C: Tim Duncan
PF: Pau Gasol, Al Jefferson
SF: Dirk Nowitski
SG: Brandon Roy
PG: Billups, Nash, Deron Williams

Either Big al, stephen jackson or david west will take the last spot if the game started today

Re: mock 2009 nba all star team
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 03:45:14 AM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
I havn't looked at the results so far but I'd be willing to bet a hundred bucks that Yi Jinlian is voted in as a starter. I remember reading he got something like 400,000 write in votes last year and hes on the ballot this year.

50 million Elvis fans 1 billion chinese citizens can't be wrong

so that probably leaves out sheed

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 04:27:54 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I understand that I'm very, very, biased, and Rajon Rondo does not have the numbers to make the team.  That being said, I just don't see how he can't be one of the top 3 in the East at the PG spot.

If I was starting a basketball team, and I had anyone in the  East to take as my point guard, I would take Rondo.  Does that make him an all-star?
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 06:59:00 AM »

Offline sinbad

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 56
The truth of the matter is that the coaches will not put 4 Celtics in when Cleveland only has one. I'm willing to bet that Ilgauskas or Mo Williams gets in. I don't agree with it but like KG says, I'm keeping it real. I highly doubt that Rondo will get in over KG, Pierce, or Ray. If the Celtics we're clearly ahead of the conference like the Lakers are in the West then yes, Rondo gets in, but with the Cavs matching the Celts win for win, 2 Cavs will get in. KG and Pierce are locks. Ray will make it if he keeps his play up. the only way Rondo gets in is if he gets voted in by the fans or as an injury replacement. I wouldn't be shocked if AI gets voted in by the fans. Wade is a lock to win the other guard spot. Ray, Joe Johnson, and Devin Harris will be voted in by the coaches before Rondo. Rondo should be a first alternate at the guard spot though and like Ray last year, Rondo has a good shot making it if someone pulls out which is normally the case.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:29 AM »

Offline Max Power

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
My All Star Mock is:

East:
Allen Iverson
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Bench:
Devin Harris
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Danny Granger
Rashard lewis
Chris Bosh
Al Horford

West:

Chis Paul
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Duncan
Yao Ming

Bench:
Chauncey Billups
Deron Williiams
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Amare Stoudamire

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 08:53:09 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
My All Star Mock is:

East:
Allen Iverson
Dwayne Wade
Lebron James
Kevin Garnett
Dwight Howard

Bench:
Devin Harris
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Danny Granger
Rashard lewis
Chris Bosh
Al Horford

West:

Chis Paul
Kobe Bryant
Carmelo Anthony
Tim Duncan
Yao Ming

Bench:
Chauncey Billups
Deron Williiams
Brandon Roy
Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki
Pau Gasol
Amare Stoudamire

i just question durant, horford and lewis. brand might make it even though his team is loosing because the east lacks bigs. disappointing that there's no room for al jefferson but the west is stacked with bigs.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 09:05:48 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I havn't looked at the results so far but I'd be willing to bet a hundred bucks that Yi Jinlian is voted in as a starter. I remember reading he got something like 400,000 write in votes last year and hes on the ballot this year.

50 million Elvis fans 1 billion chinese citizens can't be wrong

so that probably leaves out sheed

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if he did make it in. But it's pretty tough to get in over KG and Lebron. He'll get in if he was in the west. KG and Lebron are two of the three most popular players in the league.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 09:10:50 AM by BigAlTheFuture »
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 10:50:06 AM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
They don't have to be a PG, so Rondo isn't a lock. The voting is just split guard/forward.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 11:19:33 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
AI does not deserve to be an all-star this year. Taking a contender and making them a .500 team is a detriment not something to be rewarded.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 11:42:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If rondo does not get in as a starter then i think he will as a reserve. Most coaches have seen their team rondo'd and most coaches speak highly of him. His effort is every coaches dream

also at this stage he should be chosen before paul pierce if anything.

btw Jianlian better get all the votes he can cuz if he aint starting he aint getting picked as a reserve this year(though he has been more than stellar)

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 06:23:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Question for anybody that knows this. Is it 100 percent true that the voting reflects starting positions only?? And that for the reserves to be chosen by coaches in the league??

If this is the case I can't see how Rondo doesn't get at least a reserve spot with devin harris.

This is the results by votes so far for guards(insidehoop source)

Guards: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 623,311; Allen Iverson (Det) 492,093, Vince Carter (NJ) 236,634; Ray Allen (Bos) 174,155; Jose Calderon (Tor) 124,705; Luke Ridnour (Mil) 123,104; Jameer Nelson (Orl) 116,228; Derrick Rose (Chi) 102,263; Joe Johnson (Atl) 94,847; Devin Harris (NJ) 94, 294; Gilbert Arenas (Wash) 64,450.

Dwade(i agree)
Iverson(makes me puke that he is second, honestly)

Honestly other than harris and ray allen i can't see how many coaches in the league can ignore how good rondo is (i mean compared to vince carter at this stage?)

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 06:55:02 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
No decent nba fan can't realize that either rondo or devin harris are the top two pg in the east currently.avid west will take the last spot if the game started today

I'd say I'm a decent NBA fan and I think its not too far fetched to call Derek Rose the best PG in the East right now. And as good as Rondo has been playing, I'd say that if I was trying to be unbiased voter I'd take Rose and Harris above Rondo and probably wouldn't think too much about it.

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
No decent nba fan can't realize that either rondo or devin harris are the top two pg in the east currently.avid west will take the last spot if the game started today

I'd say I'm a decent NBA fan and I think its not too far fetched to call Derek Rose the best PG in the East right now. And as good as Rondo has been playing, I'd say that if I was trying to be unbiased voter I'd take Rose and Harris above Rondo and probably wouldn't think too much about it.

I agree, maybe not that Rose is better than Rondo, but I think the odds of Rose and Harris making it is much higher than Rondo as a 4th celtic
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 07:19:15 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Does Oden get to play as a Rookie or a Soph in the Rookie/Soph challenge thingy?
Yup

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 07:49:23 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Does Oden get to play as a Rookie or a Soph in the Rookie/Soph challenge thingy?

NBA 2k9 had a rookie/soph game and Oden was considered a rookie. So, that pretty much makes it official, right?