Author Topic: nba tv likes and dislikes  (Read 6720 times)

Re: nba tv likes and dislikes
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 11:28:29 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Recently found out FIOS is adding NBA TV as a channel in the very near future in Massachusetts (in both standard and hi-def).  Don't have an exact date but the new channel lineup says Coming Soon.  I have never had NBA TV so looking forward to checking it out.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 11:34:28 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Just heard that NBA.tv will be airing a D-League night on Wednesday's starting this week for those D-League fans.It sounds like it might be something similar to Fan Night on Tuesdays.

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2008, 11:38:54 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Just heard that NBA.tv will be airing a D-League night on Wednesday's starting this week for those D-League fans.It sounds like it might be something similar to Fan Night on Tuesdays.

thats cool, can catch JR and bill sometimes when im bored on Wen. TP for the info.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2008, 11:43:21 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
overall i am a big fan.
a few likes:
rick kamla's passion. this dude is a hoops fanatic.he just really comes off like a hoops junkie. he just seems genuinely pumped to do his jobe every time i see him.
andre aldridge-he's  a little steve urkelish but he does a good job
i like eric snow,steve smith
i think the chris webber/payton tandem COULD be great but webber defers too much to payton with that soft voice. for example webber was making the point 6that kobe was not as athletic as he once was(was getting around to a compliment) and payton cuts him off with an "are you crazy" act.
  dislikes: kenny smith. i'm finding him just a little tiresome. he does a good job on tnt but he speaks like he is more knowlegeable about the game to even other ex players. he pulls stuff out of tha air like "if u are a superstar you have to excel in 3 categories during a game." like it's some formula that HE created.
  what are some things you guys  like and dislike? 

I used to listen to NBA radio on sirius before they chopped me off at the knees and took it off the air. Kenny Smith was a frequent host of Full Court Press, and I liked him some of the time and I didn't some of the time. His own career goals (which I don't begrudge him) has made him a sort of walking talking monster.com ad. He's saying "Hey! Hey! Give me a job as a head coach or GM or something!"

Not in my mind the way to go about it, and it takes away from the entertainment value. Next time you see him on air count how many times he talks about "What he would do" or what another GM or coach "ought to do"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 12:44:57 PM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
I also love Kamla's passion, he definitely loves his job every time he's on.  I actually like the GP/Webber combo.  While Eric Snow and Steve Smith do an amazing, more classy/professional job, I think it's great to have a little madness going on as well.

Sure they both act crazy and get loud and say ridiculous things, but it's great entertainment.  It somewhat has the feel like you're hanging out with them as teammates just talking NBA hoops and they tell you what they really feel.  Personally, I can only take so much PC'ing and standard responses/comments.  Sure it's no fun to hear these guys bad mouth Rondo or the C's, but hey, I appreciate the realism.

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 01:09:53 PM »

Offline 16Bannaz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 18
my biggest dislike as an NBA League Pass subscriber is that whenever one of our games is on NBA TV I have to endure not seeing any of Comcasts graphics or stats. So I get 2 and a half to 3 hours of Gorman referencing phantom graphics that no one watching on NBA TV can see.

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
So you are ok with Payton, but dislike Kenny Smith? You might be on your own on that.

What I like about NBAtv is them showing the LA-IND overtime. Nice to not have to waste money on League pass to see that.

I also like when Webber goes Ron-doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You like when webber makes fun of rondo? because thats what he's doing when screaming that, mocking rajon.

Anyways, I dont Like GP or Webber at all
Love steve smith, eric snow and rick kamla
everyone else is mediocre
I want to see better Classic games and more instead of the repeats of highlights for like 6 hours and yes the better basketball commercials get old real quick

Making fun of him? Mocking Rondo? Not at all. He was disagreeing with Payton's harsh assessments when he started doing the Ron-dooooooooooo. He did it to irritate GP.

Am I sensing a persecution complex here?

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
GW-

I get the same feeling about Webber when he's doing this.

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
it's paytone being annoying that i find somewhat entertaining i guess. to me,he's barkley all over again. they both HATE the celtics but they won't come out and say it. pyton is soooo annoying when he time after time refers to kobe as "my guy". yeah you and everyone else that is'nt a celtic fan. but he's a good villain to me. webber IS good on tnt. he can mke some great points but he's not the loud fast talker that payton is. webber really HAS to defere cuz payton seems like the kind of guy that would try and make someone look bad if someone took apart his opinion.

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

thats cool, can catch JR and bill sometimes when im bored on Wen. TP for the info.
thanks crownsy,tp  right back atcha !