Author Topic: nba tv likes and dislikes  (Read 6753 times)

nba tv likes and dislikes
« on: December 06, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
overall i am a big fan.
a few likes:
rick kamla's passion. this dude is a hoops fanatic.he just really comes off like a hoops junkie. he just seems genuinely pumped to do his jobe every time i see him.
andre aldridge-he's  a little steve urkelish but he does a good job
i like eric snow,steve smith
i think the chris webber/payton tandem COULD be great but webber defers too much to payton with that soft voice. for example webber was making the point 6that kobe was not as athletic as he once was(was getting around to a compliment) and payton cuts him off with an "are you crazy" act.
  dislikes: kenny smith. i'm finding him just a little tiresome. he does a good job on tnt but he speaks like he is more knowlegeable about the game to even other ex players. he pulls stuff out of tha air like "if u are a superstar you have to excel in 3 categories during a game." like it's some formula that HE created.
  what are some things you guys  like and dislike? 

Re: nba tv likes and dislikes
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:29:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
So you are ok with Payton, but dislike Kenny Smith? You might be on your own on that.

What I like about NBAtv is them showing the LA-IND overtime. Nice to not have to waste money on League pass to see that.

I also like when Webber goes Ron-doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Cornbreadsmart i can see you watch NBA.tv as much as i do,and you are right on most of your analysis of the analysts but i have to add Armard Rashad as one of my likes.He really is a class act,and keeps me from changing channels at times.Im not a GP fan on air,although he was a good explayer.He is to bias in his opinions...to do a good job your personal prejudices can't enter into your analysis.He makes no bones about his love for certain players,Kobe in particular,and he cant find anything wrong with the Lakers.If the Lakers were so perfect,why aren't they the champions this season?Another thing GP has no love for the C's at all,and thats ok but please be fair in your analysis.Another dislike  i have about their show call "Fan Night"on tuesday nights is they purposely avoid tallking about the C's as much as they can.  Now on the flipside  of things  Steve Smith and Rick are fair and balance on their analysis.To say Steve Smith played for a few teams that hated the Celtics over the years,you might expect him to be more like GP in his analysis but he's not.Its that little thing called class act,he brings to the table.GP gives me the feeling he finally got a chance to get back at some players and teams he never liked.Kenny Smith is ok,Eric Snow is knowledgable about the game but boring as  heck .As you say,Rick is pumped all the time,and keeps things lively.He loves his Wolves,lol.Rick and Steve are developing a very good team over time.tp for your post. Oh yeah, i left out A.Aldridge,he is pretty good when he works solo,but i see him struggling at times when teamed up with   exNBA players or players.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:55:49 PM by housecall »

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 05:39:52 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I like Smith and Snow. Webber could be good but has been awful at times. Payton is a clown, Barkley without the talent or charisma.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
dislike ( might not be strong enough )
-Webber
-Payton

It's not only that they are unfunny and horrible at getting their points across.  It's that when they do I realize they don't know what they are talking about.  How can a person be so good at something and not have a clue?  I was surprised in regards to Webber not so much with Payton.

- Snow

Steve Smith knows more about basketball then both Payton and Webber combined.

But hey they laugh a lot...
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 06:44:14 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Dislikes: i can't get it.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 06:47:55 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Hate Gary Payton and when Chris Webber is around him he also becomes a buffoon.  Webber on TNT is okay, but he sucks on NBATV.

I do like Rick Kamla though... surprise, surprise.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 07:04:53 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
First of all, I have nothing but good things to say about that network. Yes, there are annoyances, but the honesty of everyone is extremely refreshing, it's very real, that's pretty rare nowadays.

Annoyances, GP and CWebb together think they're home watching ball on the couch, I enjoy how they don't act overly professional because if I want to watch that I'll watch standard network coverage, but they do go a little overboard. It's shame they sound like uneducated buffoons, they know the game more than any of us could dream to but they sure don't come off that way.

Rick Kamla, all I think when I watch him is thank God he's not Rich Eisen. That guy drives me nuts. I've never seen someone try so hard during highlights. Side issue.

Fan night, as annoying as it is by the biased coverage, is awesome. The last thing I want is a game like San Antonio (while they were injured) and Sacramento when Lebron, Kobe or anyone else of that stature is playing on a given night. At least I know every Tuesday something entertaining will be on. I do however wish they'd let the players vote on the best game of the night, it would be cool to get their viewpoint on the whole thing. It's "for the fans", but let's face it, most fans aren't really fans, they're flag wavers.

Gamenight's awesome, period.

My biggest annoyance, hands down, is Ahmad Rashad. He is an absolute moron. He has the easiest job in the world and he can't even read the TelePrompter. He's one guy that has no business doing anything live. I can't believe the things he doesn't know.

Eric Snow knows what he's talking about, obviously, but his demeanor doesn't come across as intelligent on TV. He can't express himself properly. It's probably because he's new but it's pretty boring.

Steve Smith is money, just a regular guy.

And like dude said, Rondoooooooooooooo. Awesome.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Dislike - Webber and Payton being completely incoherent 65% of the show.

Like - Webber and Payton making fools out of themselves.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 07:58:34 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
Payton and Webber are prime examples of why you should stay in school.

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923

Interesting thing is I remember in the Fab 5 days how much was made of Webber attending the suburban prep school and Rose the inner city school and Rose sounds much more educated as an analyst.

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff

Interesting thing is I remember in the Fab 5 days how much was made of Webber attending the suburban prep school and Rose the inner city school and Rose sounds much more educated as an analyst.
Exactly,its not where you go,its what you take away from it sometimes.(imo)Some of these guys who leave school early are hurting themsleves in ways.tp to you.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 08:27:37 PM by housecall »

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 10:09:50 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I detest the inundation of Better Basketball Commercials.

I wake up in a cold sweat thinking: "Or if you're big-time like Jason Kidd..."  ;D
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
So you are ok with Payton, but dislike Kenny Smith? You might be on your own on that.

What I like about NBAtv is them showing the LA-IND overtime. Nice to not have to waste money on League pass to see that.

I also like when Webber goes Ron-doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

You like when webber makes fun of rondo? because thats what he's doing when screaming that, mocking rajon.

Anyways, I dont Like GP or Webber at all
Love steve smith, eric snow and rick kamla
everyone else is mediocre
I want to see better Classic games and more instead of the repeats of highlights for like 6 hours and yes the better basketball commercials get old real quick
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 10:59:56 AM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
The only problem I have is that its not in HD. Comcast needs to make this a HD channel like they did with the NLF Network ASAP.
Green 18!