Author Topic: Should Antoine call it a career right now?  (Read 1921 times)

Should Antoine call it a career right now?
« on: December 06, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Judging from some of the posters here, the consensus is that he's been D-O-N-E for years now and others say that he'll *NEVER* end up contributing on a good team again.

So if all that is true, shouldn't he just say "I've done all I wanted to do in the NBA so it's time for me to retire"?

(by the way, I remember Peter May once stating in an article waaay back that "A Team with Antoine Walker in it will *NEVER* win a championship".  So much for that theory, huh?)

Re: Should Antoine call it a career right now?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Well, he'll have some control over his destiny after this season, when Memphis declines his team option and makes him a free agent.  Antoine's choices will be 1) play somewhere for the minimum, or 2) retire.  I'm curious to see which path he takes (if a contender even offers him a minimum deal).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 04:04:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
[He] could collect his money this year, and then see what offers are available next year. If he enjoys playing the game and wants to stay around, then I don't see why he should stop.

It is pointless to talk about whether he should retire. That is between him and the 30 GMs in the league.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 04:16:05 PM by guava_wrench »

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I think if a NBA contender offered him the vet min he'll stick around but if a team like the Wizards or something will be the only team to offer him a contract, I see him retiring.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
*She* could collect his money this year, and then see what offers are available next year. If he enjoys playing the game and wants to stay around, then I don't see why he should stop.

It is pointless to talk about whether he should retire. That is between him and the 30 GMs in the league.

*SHE*?  I didn't know Toine's nickname was "Terry Glenn". ::)