Author Topic: How good will Stephen Curry be in the NBA?  (Read 21217 times)

Re: How good will Stephen Curry be in the NBA?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2009, 11:18:46 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
http://www.youtube.com/v/TGQID66agH4&hl=en&fs=1&"

Curry better hope the NBA works out because he clearly cannot have a career as a rap star. Although probs to him for rockin'the Red Sox hat.

Awesome!

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 11:39:50 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Here's the list of the past 10 NCAA Scoring Leaders:

2000     Courtney Alexander 25.3
2001    Ronnie McCollum   29.1
2002    Jason Conley    29.3
2003    Ruben Douglas     28.0
2004    Keydren Clark    26.7
2005    Keydren Clark    25.8
2006    Adam Morrison    28.1
2007    Reggie Williams 28.1
2008    Reggie Williams 27.8
2009    Stephen Curry    28.6

Hardly an awe-inspiring list. 

To add to that, let's recall that Popeye Jones led the NCAA in rebounding and Adonal Foyle in blocked shots and that didn't exactly lead to All Star status in the NBA. 

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 11:56:27 AM »

Offline fugazzi24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
I think Curry is very comparable to Mike Bibby and will probably make a couple all-star games if he is on a good team. 

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2009, 03:20:02 AM »

Offline rondofan9

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I see him being a Very good player he is Strong a Leader a Great Shooter as we all know he can handle the Ball well play the point if needed i see him being lot like Jason Terry if not Better..I could even see him as a all star eventually..

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2016, 03:39:41 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
If he ever hits puberty he'll be the best player of all time, mark my words on that one

Lots of people were way off in this thread started in 2008, but not this dude! Hats off Brother!!!

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2016, 03:54:00 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If Curry is on a team where he has players around him that spread the floor, then he's going to be pretty incredible.  If he plays with a dominant inside player, then again, I think he becomes an incredible player.  If he ends up on a team that is offensively fragmented, with no consistent style, or discipline, then I think he disappears. He's got the goods to be a special player.  But like most players, he's got to be in the right system.

This was spot on, too.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I was right about Curry too. Although not as bold as some..

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2016, 12:30:04 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Dang. Goes to show you how much one's perception of a player can change from what you see in college. Fit is key.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2016, 12:47:45 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I think he'll be a multiple time MVP and champion. Oh wait I think I'm a little late  ;D

To be honest though, I remember watching Curry in Davidson thinking he could be a very good NBA player. I never would've predicted he'd be this good.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2016, 12:53:24 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I see him as a Eddie House / Delonte West type in this league. Somebody who is too small to be a SG and not talented enough to be a PG. Probably a solid starter in the league nonetheless who can hit shots for his team late in the game. 

Wow you are really off here IMO. The kid is ATHLETIC and has a pretty good handle unlike House or Delonte(who can only go to his left hand). He has the NBA blood from his father, who had a very productive career and he is WAY more talented then his dad IMO. I see him being more like a Monta Ellis or Gilbert arenas. He is easily a top 5 pick in next years draft

I'm gonna ride the fence and say he's halfway in between. He'll never be an all-star, but I can see him being a starter--a legit starter, not like Delonte, who is an excellent bench guard and nothing more.

Certainly better than House.

Certainly not a top 5 pick. He'll be in the teens.
I should have worded that better, I meant he will end up being one of the top 5 players to come out of the draft and I think he has all the skills to be an all-star many times.

Wow, this is great looking back at these predictions. Rondohondo right on the money!!

I gotta ask, who do you like in the upcoming draft Rondohondo?

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2016, 12:22:29 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
If he ever hits puberty he'll be the best player of all time, mark my words on that one

Lots of people were way off in this thread started in 2008, but not this dude! Hats off Brother!!!

TP for resurrecting this thread. It's a reminder to stay modest when it comes to evaluating college kids based on youtube clips.

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2016, 12:33:03 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
I see him as a Eddie House / Delonte West type in this league. Somebody who is too small to be a SG and not talented enough to be a PG. Probably a solid starter in the league nonetheless who can hit shots for his team late in the game. 

Wow you are really off here IMO. The kid is ATHLETIC and has a pretty good handle unlike House or Delonte(who can only go to his left hand). He has the NBA blood from his father, who had a very productive career and he is WAY more talented then his dad IMO. I see him being more like a Monta Ellis or Gilbert arenas. He is easily a top 5 pick in next years draft

I'm gonna ride the fence and say he's halfway in between. He'll never be an all-star, but I can see him being a starter--a legit starter, not like Delonte, who is an excellent bench guard and nothing more.

Certainly better than House.

Certainly not a top 5 pick. He'll be in the teens.
I should have worded that better, I meant he will end up being one of the top 5 players to come out of the draft and I think he has all the skills to be an all-star many times.

Wow, this is great looking back at these predictions. Rondohondo right on the money!!

I gotta ask, who do you like in the upcoming draft Rondohondo?

YES! Rondohondo, tell us please! Maybe we get the next curry!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2016, 01:28:51 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He is gonna go Murray I bet.

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2016, 01:40:57 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

This quote is just insane. It deserves infinite Tommy points.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2016, 02:13:07 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
He is gonna go Murray I bet.

I dont mind that. outside of top 2, murray is my first choice.