Author Topic: Where can I get a Pierce jersey for women...that isn't pink?  (Read 2754 times)

Where can I get a Pierce jersey for women...that isn't pink?
« on: December 05, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 22
What's the deal with the women's apparel? I'm a C's fan which means that I want to buy a jersey (a Pierce jersey to be exact) and I can't. Why you say? Because my only options are a glitter jersey or a PINK one! I know that a Pierce jersey for women exists that isn't pink and not girlied up with the glitter but that one has been sold out for a little while and now it's not even on the celtics site anymore. I tried to like that glitter jersey, I really did. I went to a few stores and got a good look at it. I just can't bring myself to do it.

I have t-shirts, those are fine (thank goodness) but is it really too much to ask for a jersey that isn't pink or bedazzled?? I think I might just have to suck it up and buy a guy's jersey. It won't kill me but obviously I'd prefer to buy clothes that are meant to fit me properly.

Ok, rant over. Wait........grrrrrrrr  >:( Ok, now I'm really done. Ugh.

So does anyone know the right place for me to go to get what I'm looking for? Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Re: Where can I get a Pierce jersey for women...that isn't pink?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 09:29:32 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
My Fiance really likes Rondo and I was disappointed I would be unable to get a female rondo jersey.  Plus like you said most of the female jersey are covered in glitter or pink.  So I ended up just getting her a youth jersey which she really likes.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 09:39:23 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
Ohhh, a youth jersey! I never thought of that. TP for that, thanks. Let me ask you though (if you don't mind) how do the sizes relate? Is your fiance a small lady? I would have bought a size medium jersey (if they weren't so girly) so I'm wondering how that would translate in the youth size.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 09:51:38 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I bought my girlfriend a size large jersey a few years back when Nike did them and that was just a little bit big. She's tiny, 5'1" and slim, however it was tight around the chest. Medium may have even fit. Hope that helps.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 09:55:29 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Ohhh, a youth jersey! I never thought of that. TP for that, thanks. Let me ask you though (if you don't mind) how do the sizes relate? Is your fiance a small lady? I would have bought a size medium jersey (if they weren't so girly) so I'm wondering how that would translate in the youth size.

She could have fit into a medium or large, but she is rather tall opted for the large in youth sizes.  I think the youth sizes translate well to the female sizes.  But they don't have the form fitting style the female jerseys have.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 10:26:07 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 10:36:49 AM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
Ok, you guys are the best. TP's all around. I can't even believe I didn't think to check ebay. I love that place. I'm all giddy about the jersey dress too. Nice stuff!

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
OK, that's solved

Now...where do we find a pink shirt for men? ::)
Yup

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 10:57:31 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
I bought my girlfriend a size large jersey a few years back when Nike did them and that was just a little bit big. She's tiny, 5'1" and slim, however it was tight around the chest. Medium may have even fit. Hope that helps.

sounds identical to my situation,,,,my gf is a diehard celts and sox fan,,,so-so with the pats and bc,,,,but she is always complaining about the pink and the glitter stuff.  Its espeically annoying when it comes to hats, but for jerseys she usually ends up with youth medium or large.

The one bonus is that youth clothes are so much cheaper. She scored a papelbon world series jersey for 10 bucks at Modells and a Richard Seymour for like 15.
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 11:09:15 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
My Fiance really likes Rondo and I was disappointed I would be unable to get a female rondo jersey.  Plus like you said most of the female jersey are covered in glitter or pink.  So I ended up just getting her a youth jersey which she really likes.

I did the same thing, same result.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 12:16:24 PM »

Offline Shiz1111

• Xavier Tillman
sounds identical to my situation,,,,my gf is a diehard celts and sox fan,,,so-so with the pats and bc,,,,but she is always complaining about the pink and the glitter stuff. 

So I'm not alone. I can't stand the stuff. I'm thinking at some point the manufacturers will notice that the real stuff is selling out and all that stupid glitter is hanging around on the racks.