Author Topic: Forgotten Player: Moses Malone  (Read 6636 times)

Re: Forgotten Player: Moses Malone
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 09:41:35 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 09:47:21 PM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
Adrian Dantley was awesome with post move l believe the guy was only 6'5 and would get he's shot over bigger defenders

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Moses was absolutely terrifying in the early '80s against Chief. That whole Sixer team was the scariest team I have ever seen (since they changed their unis from red I can't take Philly as serious). I started following the C's in '83, but something about that Cheeks-Toney-Moses-Doc team haunts me in my dreams to this day. Especially their deny defense. And Moses peaked that year with 15 rpg. Nasty.

Moses dominated Chief on both ends of the floor until about 1985 or so. It was just painful to watch. Chief outlasted him, but during those intense years of the Boston-Philly rivalry, it was no contest.

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 10:57:27 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

and bobby jones...HATED that guy - looked like your stinkin' next door neighbor and that big ole' adam's apple...

Not me.  Bobby Jones was one of my favorite players.  He was born to be a Celtic but, tragically, spent his career with other teams.

He was a great defender, with one of the most elegant dunks ever.

i was being sarcastic...i fully agree with you.  that guy could kill you but he looked like he should be the janitor, and not a ball player.  there were a handful of times when he killed the celtics with big plays down the stretch.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."