Author Topic: Rebuilding the Bad Boys  (Read 2209 times)

Rebuilding the Bad Boys
« on: December 04, 2008, 08:13:02 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
As far as foils go, I much prefer Detroit over Cleveland. Games against the Pistons are always a little chippy and there is some real history there. That being said, is Dumars one step away from rebuilding his old '89-'90 squad?

Isiah - Iverson
Dumars - ???
Aguirre - Hamilton
Edwards - Brown
Laimbeer - Wallace

Johnson - Stuckey
Rodman - Maxiell
Salley - Johnson

Unless he is planning a comeback, Joe D needs to swap Prince for a player comparable to himself before the transformation is complete. Are there any defensive oriented combo guards capable of scoring 15-20 a night available ou there? Is Prince enough to land one?
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

Re: Rebuilding the Bad Boys
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:21:34 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I don't think you can have the Bad Boys back with AI at point, not as rugged and tough as a defender (yes he get a bunch of steals, but that's only one aspect of D).

And Prince is the backbone of the Pistons, no way can they afford to trade him, he's too valuable and underrated. He's possibly the most consistant player in the last few years on the team.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 10:12:46 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
As far as foils go, I much prefer Detroit over Cleveland. Games against the Pistons are always a little chippy and there is some real history there. That being said, is Dumars one step away from rebuilding his old '89-'90 squad?

Isiah - Iverson
Dumars - ???
Aguirre - Hamilton
Edwards - Brown
Laimbeer - Wallace

Johnson - Stuckey
Rodman - Maxiell
Salley - Johnson

Unless he is planning a comeback, Joe D needs to swap Prince for a player comparable to himself before the transformation is complete. Are there any defensive oriented combo guards capable of scoring 15-20 a night available ou there? Is Prince enough to land one?

You're comparing Edwards to Kwame?

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 02:50:10 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Yeah, Edwards to Kwame is the weakest link here, but what can you do? Comparing Salley to Kwame would get me banned...
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Thomas and Iverson don't really compare, traditional pg versus undersized 2 guard.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 03:45:20 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Jason Maxiell is no Dennis Rodman.