Author Topic: The Last time someone had 16 Points 17 assists and 13 boards was...  (Read 10519 times)

Re: The Last time someone had 16 Points 17 assists and 13 boards was...
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2008, 12:20:25 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
  He means better than each of 16/17/13. Lever's 15/23/13 is short on points.

This is what happens when I post at 3 in the morning...my bad. At least we got a nice conversation about Fat Lever.

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2008, 01:21:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I really don't want to jinx Rondo, but the last time the Celtics had a super-hyped prospect was Al Jefferson.   Jefferson was "ok" in his first two seasons.  He was "ok" in November of his 3rd season... and then he never looked back.

Al Jefferson in November of his 3rd season:  9.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1 block.  In December he averaged 15.4 points, 10.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks.   He just kind of gained steady momentum from then on... finishing the season averaging 16 points, 11 rebounds and 1.5 blocks.    Sure, it partially had to do with a minute upgrade, but he definitely seemed to "click" in December of his 3rd year.  I kept waiting to see if he'd slump and it never happened.   He went from average player to reaching his 20/10 potential.

Well Rondo just completed November of his 3rd season averaging: 8.9 points, 7.1 assists and 4.3 rebounds and 2.3 steals.   Not bad, but still moments of inconsistency.   So far two games into December and he's averaging 16 points, 14.5 assists, 8.5 rebounds and 2 steals. Sure it's just two games, but it's encouraging.   Could we be witnessing Rondo's Jeffersonesque 3rd season  "clicking"?  Have I just completely jinxed the crap out of Rondo?  Lol...  oh well.   

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2008, 04:33:51 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
If Tony Allen is the best bench player, I would say that is reason to be concerned.

why?

Tony has been playing very well off the bench, particularly latley. His defense has helped the second unit immensly, and he's attacking and getting to the line very well.

For real. This doesn't look like 07 Tony Allen. More like 06 TA before the knee injury. Maybe even a bit of rookie year TA mixed in.

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 05:31:57 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
If Tony Allen is the best bench player, I would say that is reason to be concerned.

why?

Tony has been playing very well off the bench, particularly latley. His defense has helped the second unit immensly, and he's attacking and getting to the line very well.

TP

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

why?

Tony has been playing very well of the bench, particularly latley. His defense has helped the second unit immensly, and he's attacking and getting to the line very well.

I will have to start with the disclaimer that I have always hated TA as a player so I am a little biased.  He has improved from last season where he was not good at all (didn't move the ball, he was a walking turnover, just a disaster on offense, the horrendous Billups foul, I could keep going Smiley...) but this season is only a small sample so far.  He is not someone I have any faith in playing serious minutes in a big-game situation.  He's improved, but I still don't trust him...

I said it another post that I believe is like Rondo in the 2nd unit.  We all have noticed that the Celtics' ups and downs are through Rondo's ups and downs.  If Rondo is playing aggressive, taking it to the hoop and either passing it or lay up, the offense as a whole improves and plays more in sync.

I think the same can be said with Tony and the 2nd unit.  I have noticed that whenever Tony is aggressive and taking it to the hoop, the 2nd bench plays better.  Much more in sync and productive.

thats becuase tony is the only guy in the second unit that can score once the play breaks down. they go through there rotations, it gets back to eddie, he doesnt have a shot, give it to tony and clear the way. you need someone that can do that.

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2008, 07:19:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Just to clarify, It was the last person to have 16,17,13, and 3 steals. So the last person do do that was Magic.

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

Just to clarify, It was the last person to have 16,17,13, and 3 steals. So the last person do do that was Magic.

it mustve been nice to have him on a fantasy bball team,,,,,i cant imagine how nasty magic was for fantasy basketball
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2008, 03:48:01 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18

it mustve been nice to have him on a fantasy bball team,,,,,i cant imagine how nasty magic was for fantasy basketball

probably similar to (but greater than) having jason kidd before his career died.