Author Topic: Payton on Rondo  (Read 5374 times)

Re: Payton on Rondo
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
why do we even care whether or not rondo is an all-star?
He's not this year, and that's the bottom line...I dont even see how Pierce is with Lebron and Granger in the east and Pierce shooting below 40%

because its a popularity contest not a meritocracy and doc's the coach, so that at large spot most likely ain't going to granger this year due to the log jam at forawrd.

Here, I'll guess today at the east roster. I bet i get a bnuch of them right, and half of these are on name alone.

* denotes lock, no matter how they are playing. (though most of them are playing real well)

Guards:

Iverson *
R.Allen
Rip hamilton (this is calderons only hope, that detroit fans betray rip, which they might. If they do and don't vote a ton, doc makes the ballsy move and takes jose.)
Wade *
Harris (just playing to well for doc not to take him as a bench alt)

Forwards:

Lebron *
Pierce *
KG *
Bosh *
E.Brand / Sheed (Granger should go as the 5th here, but i would be shocked not to see an obligatory non-celtic/cav/piston here from a big market team. The nba is for everyone after all  ::))

Centers:

Howard *
(toughest spot to call, but im sure it won't be perk.)

Not a bad call on the team.  Although I have a hard time seeing Rip making it over guys like Joe Johnson, and Vince (who is having a great season).  I also think they may only go with one real center, and say Bosh or KG is the backup.

Here is what I think it will be (in no particular order).

Guards:
Wade
Iverson
Allen
Harris
Johnson

Forwards:
KG
Pierce
Lebron
Bosh
Granger
Brand

Center:
Howard

The guys just missing the cut would be Calderon, Carter, and Butler

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 04:44:02 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Also having three other much qualified Celtics will hurt his cause.
I disagree. Well, I do and I don't. Rondo would have a much better chance of making the All-Star team if he were the star of the Celtics. On the other hand, if Ray, KG, and Paul weren't here to make the Celtics as good as they are, perhaps no one would even be paying attention to Rondo. Being on a good team has a lot to do with being an All-Star. Just ask Al Jefferson.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 05:18:02 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Curious, is the jump as dramatic if you only consider it from the time they dumped two pieces of dead weight in gooden and hughes for two shooters to contribute to thier scoring woes in west and wally?

There wasn't much improvement in the regular season after that trade... <g> Wally can basically only shoot - compared to Mo Williams who can do so much more. D. West isn't that good especially at PG. 

They were 30-24 (55%) before the trade and finished 45-37 or .548 percent. I'd say another factor (though Mo Williams is very good) is that D. West has undergone therapy for very severe depression (and is likely on anti-depressants) and he gets to spend more time at SG (his natural position).

Wally is  waste of space and I am sure they want to dump him.