Author Topic: lakers and odom this season  (Read 2657 times)

lakers and odom this season
« on: December 03, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
does anyone else think that the lakers are absolutely insane to NOT trade lamar? i'm wonderfully shocked that they rerally seem to refer keeping him. would they actually prefer him over marion,vince carter etc?

Re: lakers and odom this season
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:47:49 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
does anyone else think that the lakers are absolutely insane to NOT trade lamar? i'm wonderfully shocked that they rerally seem to refer keeping him. would they actually prefer him over marion,vince carter etc?

Refer Keeping?  Yeah, I'd say that sums up Lamar Odom pretty well.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Well, Vince would be a terrible fit IMO, but what evidence is there that they prefer Odom to Marion? 

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
I think it's a case of why bother, more than anything. He's a point-forward type, so even with the slow start/resistance to the bench role, he's a Jackson type of guy. Plus he knows the triangle. No reason to mess with a really, really good team.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 08:51:08 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
If they were to trade him for Marion they would be pretty near unstoppable, especially since they could start Marion at the 3. Funniest thing was on thanksgiving day when the guys on the ABC broadcast said he was a top 10 power forward in the NBA, and Marc Jackson followed it up by saying that there was no doubt, it's a fact.

All of these PFs off the top of my head by looking at the league team standings, are better than Odom, and there are a lot of others that are borderline (BTW he's averaging 9 points, 6 rebounds and 2 assists in 27 minutes a game:

KG
Rashard Lewis
Rasheed Wallace
Al Horford
Shawn Marion
Chris Bosh
David Lee
Elton Brand
Antawn Jamison
Pau Gasol
Carlos Boozer
Amare Stoudemire
David West
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan
Al Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 08:55:44 PM »

Offline Mideon

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm completely with you...I hope the Lakers hold onto Odom because he is contributing minimally and is not as effective as his reputation. If I'm the Lakers, I trade him for a true "3" in a heartbeat. If the Lakers traded Odom for Marion, they instantly become the favorites. No amount of Green Kool-Aid can convince me that a Kobe/Marion/Bynum/Gasol quartet wouldn't be the best team in the league, at least on paper.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 09:15:47 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I'm completely with you...I hope the Lakers hold onto Odom because he is contributing minimally and is not as effective as his reputation. If I'm the Lakers, I trade him for a true "3" in a heartbeat. If the Lakers traded Odom for Marion, they instantly become the favorites. No amount of Green Kool-Aid can convince me that a Kobe/Marion/Bynum/Gasol quartet wouldn't be the best team in the league, at least on paper.

Much agreed... Marion would bring some serious defense, both team and perimeter.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I imagine Jamison will soon be on the block. 

Throw in Songaila or Thomas, and the trade works. 

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 06:04:05 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
They'll move Odom eventually.