Author Topic: Raptors Fire Sam Mitchell  (Read 6653 times)

Re: Raptors Fire Sam Mitchell
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 06:41:10 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
talking about Toronto-

Whats going on with Parker?  I have him on my fantasy team, havent seen him play this year but have seen some horrid box scores.  is he injured?

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 06:54:37 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I always thought Sam Mitchell was a very over rated coach that wasn't getting the most out of that group. The entire roster plays soft. It was the right move for the franchise.

The entire roster plays soft because it is soft.  Colangelo is trying to mold a roster ala the D'Antoni Suns.  A soft, running team.  The pieces he has and the pieces he obtained don't fit.  I don't know why he thinks another coach can do better with that mismatched roster.  I see the Knicks finishing ahead of Toronto no matter who Colangelo settles on as coach.

O'Neal was a good player before he got his big contract.  Then he Blounted out and got lazy.  Why he would trade arguably his best PG, a 1st rounder, and a servicable center for O'Neal is beyond me.  O'Neal is a redundant, uninspired version of Bosh.

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 07:03:19 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
talking about Toronto-

Whats going on with Parker?  I have him on my fantasy team, havent seen him play this year but have seen some horrid box scores.  is he injured?

He's old. Impressive decline.

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 07:13:44 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
talking about Toronto-

Really?  I mean he is only 33, and his 3pt percentage has actually gone up.  it's just his FG percentage which is down (8.5%).  Wasnt sure if he was being asked to take different shots, injury, etc...would seem weird that 3 ball goes up, but regular goes down if it were just age related...right?

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 07:26:28 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
talking about Toronto-

He's old. Impressive decline

Really?  I mean he is only 33, and his 3pt percentage has actually gone up.  it's just his FG percentage which is down (8.5%).  Wasnt sure if he was being asked to take different shots, injury, etc...would seem weird that 3 ball goes up, but regular goes down if it were just age related...right?

33 is the age where most 2guards lose there legs, especially jumpshooters.

Luckily Ray seems to be an exception.

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 08:32:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

colangelo i think is worried about his job because he hasn't done a whole lot more than previous management so far.

dumb move he signed mitchell to an extension also

I expect, avery johnson, flip saunders and jeff van gundy being candidates for the job with saunders imo to be best fit

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 09:36:20 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Bosh is a classic stat-stuffing loser.  The guy plays with no fire and is as soft as they come.  Anyone remember Micki Moore eating him alive in the playoffs a year or two back?

I do not understand how so many people can think Bosh is a top 15 player in the league.  Guys like Stephen Jackson, Al Jefferson, Al Horford, and Rasheed Wallace are all better than him.  To me, Bosh plays like Blount.  He doesn't rebound or defend, and is only interested in taking the 17' jumper.  And he disapears in the clutch.

[/quote]

I disagree on this part, Bosh is an elite player in the league, to say he plays like Blount is going way too far - I think you're trying to make a Shareef Abdur Rahim argument, but I just don't see it - Bosh has never had a supporting cast that complemented him well, I think if he bolts in 2010, you'll change your tune on him
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 10:18:59 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
They didn't fire Mitchell sooner:  mistake
They drafted Bargnani with the #1 overall: mistake
They chose Calderon over TJ Ford:  mistake
They traded for JO: mistake
They are also in the process of letting Anthony Parker get away for nothing.

Maybe Colangelo is the one who ought to be fired.

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 10:27:44 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
They didn't fire Mitchell sooner:  mistake
They drafted Bargnani with the #1 overall: mistake
They chose Calderon over TJ Ford:  mistake
They traded for JO: mistake
They are also in the process of letting Anthony Parker get away for nothing.

Maybe Colangelo is the one who ought to be fired.

They fired Mitchell: Mistake
Agree about Bargs
They chose Claderon: Correct choice.
They Traded for JO: Right move, cleared the log jam at PG, got a Center who gives you 12, 9 and a block and a half and also has helped Bosh take the next step.

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 10:30:14 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Calderon>>>Ford, plus he's healthier.
The JO move was a worthwhile risk, but he's not the player he once was, obviously.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 10:47:29 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
talking about Toronto-

I didn't know his stats. He's just notoriously slower. His perimeter defense was way more important to Toronto than his scoring. And he's getting more trouble getting elevation for his shots.

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
talking about Toronto-

I didn't know his stats. He's just notoriously slower. His perimeter defense was way more important to Toronto than his scoring. And he's getting more trouble getting elevation for his shots.

Interesting... I'll have to watch a few of the games to see..

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 03:10:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Bosh is a classic stat-stuffing loser.  The guy plays with no fire and is as soft as they come.  Anyone remember Micki Moore eating him alive in the playoffs a year or two back?

I do not understand how so many people can think Bosh is a top 15 player in the league.  Guys like Stephen Jackson, Al Jefferson, Al Horford, and Rasheed Wallace are all better than him.  To me, Bosh plays like Blount.  He doesn't rebound or defend, and is only interested in taking the 17' jumper.  And he disapears in the clutch.

I disagree on this part, Bosh is an elite player in the league, to say he plays like Blount is going way too far - I think you're trying to make a Shareef Abdur Rahim argument, but I just don't see it - Bosh has never had a supporting cast that complemented him well, I think if he bolts in 2010, you'll change your tune on him
[/quote]

Honestly the dude has a point. If you saw the game tonight you saw memet okur driving on bosh for easy layups all night long.

The guy lacks solid defense skills. Someone will still pay him big dollars in 2010