Author Topic: T Mac = a crystal cup.  (Read 5193 times)

T Mac = a crystal cup.
« on: December 02, 2008, 09:15:38 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Just thinking
I never pick him in fantasy because of this
he never shown that much during playoffs to make me think his lack of consistance ( talking about playint time) worth it
its not a fantasy thread but a Tmac. hes always hurt thread
What do u think
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-mcgradyout&prov=ap&type=lgns

I like him
its just
its just too much sometimes....
P.S. I tend to think hes close to being done..hope i am wrong
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Re: T Mac = a crystal cup.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 09:17:11 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
Agreed -- he's fantasy poison. I think his real-life failures are overblown, but his body won't hold up...I think we're done seeing him as a "franchise" guy.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:20:36 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah...  Tmac at one time had the talent to be at or near the level of Kobe.  His health problems have really damaged his career, to the point where he's not necessarily a first ballot Hall of Famer any more.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 09:27:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
McGrady was a phenomenal player at one point, but I have no idea how good he is now.

I find it impossible to tell because of all the injuries, he's never 100% for a sustained period of time. So even gets healthy, how much ability is left? Can he reach his previous heights? It doesn't look like it, so what heights can he reach?

Hopefully he'll get healthy before the end of the season and answer that question.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:45:12 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Well hes not getting any younger either
p.s. I will keep my strong desires of making a GG joke here

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 09:51:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I hope not. When he's "in the zone" he's my favorite player to watch play basketball.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 09:55:26 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Yeah...  Tmac at one time had the talent to be at or near the level of Kobe. His health problems have really damaged his career, to the point where he's not necessarily a first ballot Hall of Famer any more.

I honestly think that he is or was more talented then Kobe. T-Mac is exactly like Vince Carter all talent no heart. The difference between the McGrady and Kobe is that Kobe is a hundred times the competitor and worker McGrady is. I guess you can call me a ticked off T-mac fan because I think he could have been so much more.

As for his health, people should be calling him Mr.Glass by now. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a healthy season left in him. 

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 10:07:34 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
he's a great player and houston can be a great team... however, they are never healthy enough to reach their full potential.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 10:14:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I don't mean to disrespect T-Mac, because I have nothing against the guy.  But I still feel he is over-rated.  A couple years ago 99% of the people you ask on the street "If you were the Celtics, would you trade T-Mac for PP, straight up?" Would chuckle and say "of course".  But the problem was his injuries and lack of playing time due to injuries make him a bad deal.

T-Mac is an amazing player... when he can play.  But that is sort of like saying a broken clock is precisely right two times a day.  Like that broken clock, T-Mac is great at times, but most of the time is injured or recovering from injury.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 10:23:22 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
His health problems have really damaged his career, to the point where he's not necessarily a first ballot Hall of Famer any more.

Or at all. I'd compare him to Dominique Wilkins. They have different styles (TMac seems a better shooter. Dominique played closer to the hoop), but they have similar stats. Well, the Human Highlight Reel gets the edge IMO.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wilkido01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01.html

It took Dominique several years to get inducted. He didn't have the injury bug and his team had more success in the playoffs in a more competitive NBA. I'd be surprised if T-Mac gets into the HOF during his first 3 tries.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 11:39:11 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 12:00:42 AM »

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
A couple years ago 99% of the people you ask on the street "If you were the Celtics, would you trade T-Mac for PP, straight up?" Would chuckle and say "of course". 

Wow...is this true?  If so, I would have been one of those 1% that said no.  He is a great player, no doubt.  But toughness and the ability to draw fouls have always made me a PP fan before T-Mac.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 12:26:44 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
A couple years ago 99% of the people you ask on the street "If you were the Celtics, would you trade T-Mac for PP, straight up?" Would chuckle and say "of course". 

Wow...is this true?  If so, I would have been one of those 1% that said no.  He is a great player, no doubt.  But toughness and the ability to draw fouls have always made me a PP fan before T-Mac.

This happens all the time in sports.  Brandon Roy could be another example -- Portland is doing great now, because Roy is a healthy contributor.  I would be bet money Roy doesn't play 82 games this year; in fact, I would be Roy has to sit out at least 10 games this year.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 12:46:17 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Greg