Author Topic: The Assassination of Michael Jordan By The Coward Kobe Bryant  (Read 4981 times)

Re: The Assassination of Michael Jordan By The Coward Kobe Bryant
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 10:05:35 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
That video is disrespectful to Michael Jordan.  And i'm so sick of people saying Kobe is on Jordan's level.  YOu have to be 15 years old or delusional to believe that.  Jordan was the greatest of all time.  Kobe isn't even the greatest in the league today.  That's LeBron...

I disagree.  Minimally, they're equal talents.  Jordan was more driven and had a perfect complement in Pippen.  But the messiah would be a fairer player to compare to Jordan because they are/were uniquely coddled by the officials.  Kobe falls into a different category.  Kobe, like Pierce and several other 2nd tier stars gets calls he shouldn't.  But not every time.  The messiah gets the kind of calls Jordan got in the Finals in Utah routinely.  Jordan got the same treatment throughout his Bulls' career.  So the messiah and Jordan are more of an apples to apples comparison.

The Kobe hatred, like the Scal hatred, gets old and tired.  Kobe is a great great player and from all accounts, a good guy.    He made a [dang]ed mistake and got taken by a fortune hunter.  He'll never get a break from pretty much everybody in this blog.  That's sad.  Because the hatred clouds the haters appreciating an amazing talent in the prime of his career.

TP.  I feel like people are missing out on an incredible talent in Kobe simply because they love to hate.

Kobe is not a good guy from all accounts, and otherwise I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But one of the greatest things about being a sports fans is the inherent irrationality of it. So in summation, I don't care, Jordan was better, and I can't stand the bean.

Agreed.  He certainly is not a good guy from all accounts, he did cheat on his wife.  But MJ was no angel himself.  Kobe is just the victim of living in a period with more media attention and scrutiny.

Kobe's talent amazes me though, I think he's equally talented as MJ.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur