Author Topic: The Assassination of Michael Jordan By The Coward Kobe Bryant  (Read 4979 times)

The Assassination of Michael Jordan By The Coward Kobe Bryant
« on: December 01, 2008, 05:16:26 PM »

Offline spoiled

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1

Re: The Assassination of Michael Jordan By The Coward Kobe Bryant
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 05:26:44 PM »

Offline jordb2k5

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
The question has been answered MJ is better...I'd take Bird over both of them without question.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 05:28:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
That video is disrespectful to Michael Jordan.  And i'm so sick of people saying Kobe is on Jordan's level.  YOu have to be 15 years old or delusional to believe that.  Jordan was the greatest of all time.  Kobe isn't even the greatest in the league today.  That's LeBron...

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 05:32:53 PM »

Offline spoiled

• Jaden Springer
No one can come closer to MJ.. No One..

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
That video is disrespectful to Michael Jordan.  And i'm so sick of people saying Kobe is on Jordan's level.  YOu have to be 15 years old or delusional to believe that.  Jordan was the greatest of all time.  Kobe isn't even the greatest in the league today.  That's LeBron...

I disagree.  Minimally, they're equal talents.  Jordan was more driven and had a perfect complement in Pippen.  But the messiah would be a fairer player to compare to Jordan because they are/were uniquely coddled by the officials.  Kobe falls into a different category.  Kobe, like Pierce and several other 2nd tier stars gets calls he shouldn't.  But not every time.  The messiah gets the kind of calls Jordan got in the Finals in Utah routinely.  Jordan got the same treatment throughout his Bulls' career.  So the messiah and Jordan are more of an apples to apples comparison.

The Kobe hatred, like the Scal hatred, gets old and tired.  Kobe is a great great player and from all accounts, a good guy.    He made a [dang]ed mistake and got taken by a fortune hunter.  He'll never get a break from pretty much everybody in this blog.  That's sad.  Because the hatred clouds the haters appreciating an amazing talent in the prime of his career.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 06:11:26 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Clearly Kobe wants to prove he's better. Why else would he switch to 24 (one level above 23)?

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 06:17:48 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
"Will there ever be another MJ?"

No. And there wont be anyone as good as MJ either.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 06:23:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I took a completely different read on the video. "Nobody is asking whether or not Kobe Bryant is the next Micheal Jordan. The question has already been answered"

The answer is no. Thats why Beanie Bryant is referenced here as the coward.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 06:26:33 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
How come there are know video's of the Game 6 "Your not Jordan" Chants? The question was answered alright.

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 06:27:48 PM »

Offline spoiled

• Jaden Springer

You've got the message.....Hat off on you sir!!

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

You've got the message.....Hat off on you sir!!

Yeah this is probably true.  I just watched the first part of the video and got annoyed.  I'm sick of it even being a debate.

Fellas, more importantly... just let Kobe be Kobe.  He just missed some bunnies. 

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 07:25:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
That video just shows how Kobe Mimics and copies Jordans game. Kobe has looked at everything Jordan has done and has tried to do the same rather than creating his own game. Kobe will never be better than Jordan and he never has been. The first thing a person thinks about when they hear basketball is Jordan, his legacy is incredible.
You say Jordan only won because he had "the perfect compliments" but Kobe got his three championships without being the number 1 player on the team! Kobe needed Shaq to win those rings... Jordan by a long shot, end of discussion.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 07:52:24 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

I disagree.  Minimally, they're equal talents.  Jordan was more driven and had a perfect complement in Pippen.  But the messiah would be a fairer player to compare to Jordan because they are/were uniquely coddled by the officials.  Kobe falls into a different category.  Kobe, like Pierce and several other 2nd tier stars gets calls he shouldn't.  But not every time.  The messiah gets the kind of calls Jordan got in the Finals in Utah routinely.  Jordan got the same treatment throughout his Bulls' career.  So the messiah and Jordan are more of an apples to apples comparison.

The Kobe hatred, like the Scal hatred, gets old and tired.  Kobe is a great great player and from all accounts, a good guy.    He made a [dang]ed mistake and got taken by a fortune hunter.  He'll never get a break from pretty much everybody in this blog.  That's sad.  Because the hatred clouds the haters appreciating an amazing talent in the prime of his career.

TP.  I feel like people are missing out on an incredible talent in Kobe simply because they love to hate.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 08:13:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

TP.  I feel like people are missing out on an incredible talent in Kobe simply because they love to hate.

Kobe is not a good guy from all accounts, and otherwise I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But one of the greatest things about being a sports fans is the inherent irrationality of it. So in summation, I don't care, Jordan was better, and I can't stand the bean.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 09:55:39 PM »

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4

Kobe is not a good guy from all accounts, and otherwise I agree with a lot of what you're saying. But one of the greatest things about being a sports fans is the inherent irrationality of it. So in summation, I don't care, Jordan was better, and I can't stand the bean.

I agree.  I don't think that there is any way someone could say "from all accounts, Kobe is a good guy."  There have been countless different stories I have heard about Kobe being self-centered and egotistical.  Does anyone remember the story about how he fired his personal hair dresser while in China because he was out looking at the sights when Kobe decided he wanted a haircut? 

Now I understand that some of these stories may be just that, stories.  But that doesn't change the fact that there are accounts that say he isn't a good guy.  He is tremendously talented, and he scared the crap out of me heading into last years finals.  I definitely feel like I can hate on Kobe and still appreciate what he does on the court.  It's kind of like hating Magic, only it seems easier to hate Kobe for some reason.