Author Topic: Rank the PGs in the East and in the entire league  (Read 13142 times)

Re: Rank the PGs in the East and in the entire league
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2008, 05:10:42 PM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
Rondo has been great so far this year, but to put him in the top 10 of PG in the leagues is a stretch.  I just can't consider Rondo an elite PG until he develops a consistency jumper and 3 ball. My list is a lot like Mideon's only I would swap Billups and Nash because Billups plays defense.

1. Paul
2. D. Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Baron Davis
6. Steve Nash
7. D. Rose
8. D. Harris
9. Calderon
10. TJ Ford
11. Andre Miller
12. Jason Kidd

Then I would go with Rondo at 13.  I can't put Rondo ahead of guys like Harris and Ford when they can shoot the ball and hurt you in ways offensively that Rondo can't.

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2008, 06:05:17 PM »

Offline Mideon

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
Upon further reflection, I think Levis is correct...Nash's lack of D and advancing age drops him below Billups. On talent alone, I'd also say B-Davis is #3 behind Williams and Paul, but inconsistency, injury, and occasional selfishness drop him back as well.

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
My opinion is that to be considered amongst the best pg's in the league, you have to play winning basketball, more so than any other position.  Right now I would put Rondo at no. 10 in the league.  He is probably the best defensive pg out there right now and is only a consistent jumper away from being an All Star. 

Chris Paul
Tony Parker
Baron Davis
Chauncy Billups
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Allen Iverson
Andre Miller
Devin Harris
Rajon Rondo

Couple of thought here:

Calderon has become extremely over rated.  The guy plays no defense whatsoever and his court vision is average at best.  To make the top 10 list, you have to play both sides of the ball (same goes for Ford an Kidd). 
I think D Rose has the talent to be on this list but I am not ready to put him there after only 15 games.