Author Topic: Would you rather have Rajon Rondo or Devin Harris?  (Read 12293 times)

Re: Would you rather have Rajon Rondo or Devin Harris?
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 05:05:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Not for nuthin' but Harris was named Player of the Week for last week

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2008/12/01/Harris_Roy_as_NBA_players_of_the_week/UPI-35941228165262/
Yup

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 05:07:39 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'm not that a fan of Devin Harris. I'll take Rondo, I prefer point guards that can create for others .... and I think Harris' numbers are inflated due to the team he's playing on.

This is a really important point, actually. Not to mention that the only reason arguments like this are coming up is because Harris torched Nash for 47. I mean, I could score 20 against Nash. Harris is really good, but not THAT good.

That said, you're right -- it's awfully easy for decent players to put up big numbers on bad teams. Marbury's done it his whole life. Michael Redd, Eddy Curry, Randolph...there are tons of guys who are always on losers and are the team's no. 1 so they put up numbers.

I don't think this is the case with Harris -- I think he's a really good player -- but his numbers are certainly taking a spike because he's surrounded by very little offensively. (And also because he's not operating within Avery Johnson's 18 passes in 20 seconds offense.)
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Paul (Cedar Grove NJ): Marc, The Nets are playing great and no one is talking about them. Lawerence Frank has done a great job so far. Can he get into the mix for Coach of the Year? Can Devin Harris make the all star team? Its hard to find a guard playing better in the east!

Marc Stein: (5:41 PM ET ) Slobbered all over the Nets in the rankings today. Devin Harris . . . I'm in awe. He is doing things I never thought possible. He's still not a set-up man, but if he keeps consistently making the jumper like he has been . . . all I can say is wow.

Marc Stein: (5:42 PM ET ) I knew getting out of Dallas would help him. But this much? Stunning.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt (Champaign, IL): So based on your responses so far, should it be Harris and Rose representing the PG spot in the East in the All-Star game?

Marc Stein: (5:53 PM ET ) Have to be honest: Questions like this are easy to screw up because I'm sure to forget names when I'm answering and monitor the questions coming in at the same time. But I'd say those two and Rondo are the three best PGs in the East right now.