Author Topic: Former Celtic Rodney Rogers Hurt in ATV Accident  (Read 3468 times)

Former Celtic Rodney Rogers Hurt in ATV Accident
« on: November 30, 2008, 11:10:56 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Not a lot of news coming out yet but it seems like it is severe and he may have suffered some paralysis. Lets keep Rodney in our thoughts and prayers.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/4052871/

http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7970860&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Re: Former Celtic Rodney Rogers Hurt in ATV Accident
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 11:53:16 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Heres to hoping for the best for Rodney.

Most people dont realize how dangerous ATV's can be.  I ride a sportbike but would really hesitate on getting on one of those and cutting loose.  I like to stick with the paved roads.
Greg

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 12:17:48 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

Most people dont realize how dangerous ATV's can be.  I ride a sportbike but would really hesitate on getting on one of those and cutting loose.  I like to stick with the paved roads.

A lot of people dont realize you cant drive the ATV's on paved roads (not saying that is what you were saying...) but that frequently causes a lot of ATV accidents. 

As for your sports bike, I guess thats for another discussion but motorcycles in general seem unnecessarily dangerous for me.  To each their own...

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 12:42:16 AM »

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I heard he was racing with Ozzy Osborne.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 01:53:10 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

A lot of people dont realize you cant drive the ATV's on paved roads (not saying that is what you were saying...) but that frequently causes a lot of ATV accidents. 

As for your sports bike, I guess thats for another discussion but motorcycles in general seem unnecessarily dangerous for me.  To each their own...

Yeah riding a motorcycle is dangerous, but the unnecessarily dangerous part usually applies to the rider.  I'm a responsible, safe rider, I dont pop wheelies and do tricks on the highway, which I guess are antics associated with sportbikes.

Funny thing is, Ive read the age group with the most motorcycle deaths arent the young stupid 20 year olds on crotchrockets, theyre the 40+ year olds with the 401K's, a mid-life crisis, and an itch to buy a Harley thats WAAAY too big for them.
Greg

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 03:04:02 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
That's what happens. If you want to feel adventurous, be ready for the risk.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 03:38:06 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Man, I hope Rodney's alright.  Those saying "too bad" are embarrassing themselves.  This is not the place.
God bless and good night!