Author Topic: who would you trade for travis outlaw?  (Read 4500 times)

who would you trade for travis outlaw?
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:54:12 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Hoopshype has a story about a potential Travis Outlaw and Mike Conley trade.

I am curious to see how highly people rate Travis Outlaw.  I am also curious to see how highly people rate JR Giddens and Bill "Sky" Walker after their recent success.

Would you trade Tony Allen* + JR Giddens for Outlaw?
Would you trade Scal + Bill Walker for Outlaw?

I would jump at either opportunity, but in my opinion Portland would hang up the phone on either offer.

*This trade is hypothetical as TA is a BYC player which makes him hard to trade (remember Blunt?)
Celtics fan for life.

Re: who would you trade for travis outlaw?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Hoopshype has a story about a potential Travis Outlaw and Mike Conley trade.

I am curious to see how highly people rate Travis Outlaw.  I am also curious to see how highly people rate JR Giddens and Bill "Sky" Walker after their recent success.

Would you trade Tony Allen* + JR Giddens for Outlaw?
Would you trade Scal + Bill Walker for Outlaw?

I would jump at either opportunity, but in my opinion Portland would hang up the phone on either offer.

*This trade is hypothetical as TA is a BYC player which makes him hard to trade (remember Blunt?)

I would trade Scal and Walker for him in a heart beat. I would prefer to trade Scals and Giddens though.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 02:08:14 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
If Portland is balking at Outlaw for Conley, Jr., I doubt we could offer them a package they like better.  Conley is better than any of our young guys, or at least that's the perception.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 02:11:41 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 9
I doubt Portland is balking, my guess is that they're figuring out what else to include in the deal. Probably some of those draft picks they stockpile (don't they have like 8 in the next two years? :) ).

I like the idea of Conley to Portland. No, I love it. Memphis must love Crittenton...Lowry is not the answer at PG.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
I doubt Portland is balking, my guess is that they're figuring out what else to include in the deal. Probably some of those draft picks they stockpile (don't they have like 8 in the next two years? :) ).

I like the idea of Conley to Portland. No, I love it. Memphis must love Crittenton...Lowry is not the answer at PG.

It is a trade that makes a lot of sense for both teams.  Portland can pair Conley with Oden, and Memphis relieves some of the PG depth it has, while adding a quality SF who will push Rudy Gay for PT. 

BTW in terms of draft pick stockpiling, take a look at Minny -- they have 4 first rounders in the draft this year!  This is why I don't see Minny trading Mike Miller to Cleveland for yet more draft picks; if anything I see Minny packaging Miller, draft picks and players to get an All Star to play with Big Al.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 02:27:06 PM »

Offline fatherscott

• Payton Pritchard

It is a trade that makes a lot of sense for both teams.  Portland can pair Conley with Oden, and Memphis relieves some of the PG depth it has, while adding a quality SF who will push Rudy Gay for PT. 

BTW in terms of draft pick stockpiling, take a look at Minny -- they have 4 first rounders in the draft this year!  This is why I don't see Minny trading Mike Miller to Cleveland for yet more draft picks; if anything I see Minny packaging Miller, draft picks and players to get an All Star to play with Big Al.

I think Memphis needs to get more than Outlaw though. They're locked in at the 2/3 with Mayo and Gay, they really should get a third guy as a shooter (like a Korver type) to pair with either of them.

I had forgotten Minny had so many picks...that's a great point.
Formerly scotthp49 at the old site. Didn't have much to say last year, but I missed you guys too much.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'd do either trade but doubt Portland would.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 04:00:58 PM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett

I am also curious to see how highly people rate JR Giddens and Bill "Sky" Walker after their recent success.

Their recent success? They've played just a couple D league games. While I hope both pan out, not sure we can look at their stats as being any type of indicator of how they'll play in the NBA.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 05:02:08 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I wouldn't trade Tony Allen for Outlaw.  Allen is a better player.

I wouldn't trade Conley for Outlaw either. My guess is that the final deal will involve other players, startintg with Sergio Rodriguez, who is reportedly unhappy with his minutes in Portland.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 06:39:24 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones

I am also curious to see how highly people rate JR Giddens and Bill "Sky" Walker after their recent success.

Their recent success? They've played just a couple D league games. While I hope both pan out, not sure we can look at their stats as being any type of indicator of how they'll play in the NBA.

I agree with you 100%.  But it is always interesting to see how much fans overvalue the home team players.  So I take it you have no problem with calling Walker or Giddens or Pruitt for that matter "filler".
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'd give them Scal, Pruitt, and our 2nd round pick.