Author Topic: LeBron James blasts Charles Barkley  (Read 10730 times)

Re: LeBron James blasts Charles Barkley
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 09:19:53 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
my nikes say "sir charles" on the bottom.... not LBJ.

Careful with that though... My friend's shoes say "Starbury"

I once had a pair with a different insult on each sneaker. One was "You have the right to call for help." I can't remember the other. I was unaware of them when I bought the sneakers.

The weird thing was that the insults were on the *bottom* of the shoes. That always made me glad, because if any decent player had seen them he would have lit my sorry butt up, like there was no tomorrow.

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 09:56:21 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
There were a bunch of people telling Charles Barkley to "shut up" when he was playing in the NBA.

Where does he get off?

Barkley is WITH the media himself....his current "brothers" are the ones bringing this up with Lebron.

Charles should tell his media "friends" to shut up first.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 10:07:34 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
There were a bunch of people telling Charles Barkley to "shut up" when he was playing in the NBA.

Where does he get off?

Barkley is WITH the media himself....his current "brothers" are the ones bringing this up with Lebron.

You know what Lebron has every right to refuse to talk about it and say that his focus is on his team and the current season. He has not. Charles has a right to criticise him a little. Just as with any public figure they are open to criticism.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i say "whatever".  let them both bicker like a couple of junior high school girls.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 11:58:47 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
though i don't always agree with charles, he's right this time. oh, and i hate lebron. i'm so glad the spurs made a fool out of him in the finals.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 06:12:09 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
I really don't understand why Barkley has to be so politically correct on this Lebron topic.

Sir Charles is supposed to be the controversial one.

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 06:24:08 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

Where does he get off?

tp good point,if it wasn't for the media,none of this would be an issue at this time(2yrs.in advance)sort of hypocritical i think. :)

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 09:51:42 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
though i don't always agree with charles, he's right this time. oh, and i hate lebron. i'm so glad the spurs made a fool out of him in the finals.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »

Offline Bastone

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
I really don't care who mentioned LBJ was wrong about soliciting potential destinations for 2010.  It is just common sense and being respectful for your employer and fans, whom are paying your salary, that you show them some sense of decency and respect!

I think this is just another situation of an inflated head and having no sense of reality like many other professional athletes.  I guess integrity and respect were never learned in the James household as he was too busy showcasing his athletics and driving a Hummer at age 17 instead of just being a normal kid.

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 11:49:57 AM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
In many ways, we all should have seen this coming.  LeBron was on the cover of SI as a junior in high school, proclaimed as the next Jordan.  He is the classic case of the modern AAU baby, having everything given to him, not having to earn anything.  He could not have turned out any other way than to think he is the center of the universe. 

I used to love his game, but lost all respect for him as a true star in the Eastern Conference semi-Finals last year.  When Jordan put up 49 then 63 against the C's, he did it all very humbly and without expectation.  On nearly every drive in last years series against the C's, LeBron did not even try to score, he just threw his body into the host of defenders and hoped that his rep would get him the foul.  When none was called, he would grab at his face, check his arm for wounds, when replays showed he never got hit once. 

This is behavior usually reserved for well-established stars on the decline, who need the help of officials since their ability to finish is not what it once was.  But for him to expect that he would get calls, rather than need to actually score on his own, was appalling for someone so young and who has not won anything.  Jordan got a ton of "bailout" calls late in his career, AFTER he had won several titles and scoring crowns, he had earned that respect.  LeBron thinks he has too, because he has alot of Nike commercials. 

Play ball, take your lumps, and come back better, it took MJ 7 years to get a title, no amount of checking his face or arms is going to do it for LeBron.  Not to mention this looks even more silly for the strongest player in the league.

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 12:21:58 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Btw I know this topic does resurface every now and then, and someone posted this months ago, but is it me or is Lebron a bit to "muscular" and "fast".
He is really big and really fast but he was always like thatif you watched him in high school he was always huge and always had that speed that didn't look like it should belong. I'm not saying that its impossible that he has ever taken anything but in his case i would say that he is innocent until proven guilty because there have never been any claims made by anyone, hes just a freak of nature.

I also agree innocent til proven guilty.  But he weighs more than Carlos Boozer. 
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2008, 12:29:59 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Just throwing in my two cents here....

Yes you can argue the media is just as at fault about this as Lebron is, however, if Lebron refused to entertain the questions and all the media attention about this, the problem would take care of itself.  Lots of high profile athletes have learned to use the phrase, "No Comment."

As for the reason why Lebron cant take a swipe back at Barkley, well its not like Barkley saw a clip of one of Lebrons press conferences and just said, "He's an Idiot," and nothing else.  Barkley brought up a point and explained his thoughts, opinions, and reasons for it.  Lebron has every right to take a swing back, but in my mind, replying with "He's Stupid" is childish, and translates to, 'youre right and I dont know what to say.'  If Lebron didnt want to talk about it he should have, again, said No Comment.  Instead he just makes a childish remark and doesnt explain himself.

He left himself open for it, and deserves every bit of criticism he gets.
Greg

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2008, 12:37:44 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Btw I know this topic does resurface every now and then, and someone posted this months ago, but is it me or is Lebron a bit to "muscular" and "fast".
He is really big and really fast but he was always like thatif you watched him in high school he was always huge and always had that speed that didn't look like it should belong. I'm not saying that its impossible that he has ever taken anything but in his case i would say that he is innocent until proven guilty because there have never been any claims made by anyone, hes just a freak of nature.

I also agree innocent til proven guilty.  But he weighs more than Carlos Boozer. 

It's been several years since Lebron has been in high school, any edge he would have gained then, would have dropped off by now, unless you are trying to say that he continues to still use steroids.  If you dont continue to use the product, over time you will start to lose the extra strength, speed, and bulk that you added while on roids.  Since high school, Lebron has stayed the same, if not improved.

So like I said, he would have to still be using them now, which should bring more of a spotlight on the NBAs testing of steroids instead of just Lebron, because Im sure if hes getting away with it, there are plenty of other incredible physical specimens in the NBA that would need to be looked at too.
Greg

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 01:04:14 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
" I think July 1, 2010, is a very big day. It's probably going to be one of the biggest days in free-agent history in the NBA. So a lot of teams are gearing up to try to prepare themselves to be able to put themselves in position to be able to get one of the big free-agent market guys."

So this is what's got everyone worked up? He pointed out that there are a lot of desirable UFA's out there in 2 years and that teams are clearing cap space to get them. Once again, EVERYBODY knows this. He didn't imply that he was jumping ship.

I remember reading somewhere else where he said that when he chose his next team, it would be the team that offered the best chance to win multiple championships. He then went on to add that this is the best Cavs team he'd been on. Is that really so bad? How many times did Pierce talk about requesting a trade until last season?

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
did'nt barkley bail on the sixers?