Author Topic: Should we be concerned for Pierce??  (Read 10852 times)

Should we be concerned for Pierce??
« on: November 28, 2008, 10:33:23 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I know, Rondo is having some huge games, Ray Allen seems to be unstoppable, KG is efficient and stable as always and the bench is responding very well...

But I have a slight concern about Paul!! He had quite a good start of the season and he was great against the Raptors and the Hawks! But then... his shooting is quite bad and his movements seem a little "heavy" in the last few games... Fine, we had some big-margin wins and he didn't need to step up, but at the moment I have the impression that he is in an extended slump and I don't know the reason why! I mean, OK, he may not be shooting well, everybody has ups-and-downs, but I don't focus on that, I'm concerned about his overall play and, just as a fan, I don't like the way he plays lately...

What do you think about that and, if you agree with me, what are the reasons for this slump, in your opinion??
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

Re: Should we be concerned for Pierce??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 10:44:02 PM »

Offline ILoveWalta

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
I know, Rondo is having some huge games, Ray Allen seems to be unstoppable, KG is efficient and stable as always and the bench is responding very well...

But I have a slight concern about Paul!! He had quite a good start of the season and he was great against the Raptors and the Hawks! But then... his shooting is quite bad and his movements seem a little "heavy" in the last few games... Fine, we had some big-margin wins and he didn't need to step up, but at the moment I have the impression that he is in an extended slump and I don't know the reason why! I mean, OK, he may not be shooting well, everybody has ups-and-downs, but I don't focus on that, I'm concerned about his overall play and, just as a fan, I don't like the way he plays lately...

What do you think about that and, if you agree with me, what are the reasons for this slump, in your opinion??

Part of Pierce's game is taking it to the rim and getting to the line.  During the past few games he hasn't done this. Rondo has been the one to bring it to the hoop and dish. Also Ray has been on fire and Rondo has stepped up his game.   

I don't think it's a slump, it's only November.  I'm not worried.   

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:11:19 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
We need to trade him. Cue the trade scenerios.  ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
There are some things in life you don't analyze, you just enjoy...

24 point victories would fall into that category

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 11:13:54 PM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Pierce still has played hard but hasn't got it going so he stays quiet and doesn't force it. The fact that he is fine with not shooting a lot of off nights and letting his ppg suffer is a good thing. Its amazing how hard we have to go to look for negatives now. That is a good thing I suppose.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 12:38:22 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
there is only one ball.  rondo, kg, and ray have been playing great as of late.  i wouldnt say that pierce is in a slump.  in all honesty, im happy to see he is not trying to force shots up in order to "get his".  he is playing within the system and letting the game come to him. 

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:09:43 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
there is only one ball.  rondo, kg, and ray have been playing great as of late.  i wouldnt say that pierce is in a slump.  in all honesty, im happy to see he is not trying to force shots up in order to "get his".  he is playing within the system and letting the game come to him. 
yes my sith friend and saving some legs for playoffs
that always works... ;D

tp for u too
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 02:17:12 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm not worried because his ppg dropped or sth, I was talking about the whole impression! I totally agree, he doesn't force shots (that's very good)!! However, that means he's relatively open and he still misses most of them in the last few games, especially some 3s... whatever, my major concern was that I see him not being "fresh", his moves, you know...

I'm very satisfied with the team at the moment, I just think that the best moment for self-criticism is when sb does well, so that he can stay down-to-earth and do better... ;)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 02:45:14 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Concerned? No way. He only took 6 shots, and he didn't need to take any more. He looked fine.

If the team wasn't so balance, we would have kept going to him until shots started falling, but we don't need to.

The only thing I didn't like against Philly was the number of times he got lazy and Iggy knocked the ball away. His defense was great, and that is the only thing we need from everyone every night.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 02:52:41 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
We need to trade him. Cue the trade scenerios.  ;D ;D

why bother, no one would want an overpaid superstar whose FG% has dropped off  :-\
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 04:52:21 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
There are some things in life you don't analyze, you just enjoy...

24 point victories would fall into that category

Amen!

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 06:42:55 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
No we shouldn't be. If and when he's needed, he'd step right up no question about that.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 08:28:30 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I will go with the 10 years of Hall of fame type career over a handful of games where he took a back seat to Rondo, KG and Ray (all of which the Celtics won by the way). When we need him to step up he will. How can anyone be concerned about Pierce?

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 09:47:13 AM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
not worried about pierce at all, although, as always I think hes working through some minor injuries.... He's not getting that many minutes to flourish either...he'll be fine
i like to see certain nights where ray/paul switch it up with the scoring

KG on the other hand, while playing good recently is the one who seems to have taken a  step back.. 2 rebounds last night?

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 09:47:40 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Paul Pierce has been a weapon we are keeping holstered lately. Doesnt mean it isnt still very dangerous. If we continue to win without drawing the weapon, that doesnt mean it is any less dangerous. Paul will be very hungry when the time comes and then Doc will release him. Opposition beware. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku