Author Topic: Toughest under 6'5 player in the NBA  (Read 10300 times)

Toughest under 6'5 player in the NBA
« on: November 28, 2008, 01:49:04 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
This ones for Nick. ;)

I personally think its A.I, but could also be swayed to vote for our very own Rajon Rondo.

These guys, especially RR, get knocked about like a pinball.

For durability and longevity, it has to be A.I.

I should point out, when i say tough, i dont mean Tony Allen kinda tough.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:25:12 AM by Roy Hobbs »

Re: Toughest under 6'5 black player in the NBA
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 02:14:37 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Rondo is pretty low on this list. He exaggerates every hit, and lays on the ground for a few seconds. He also probably averages 1 instance of getting laid out on the floor by a pick every game.

When he starts getting up quicker and stops the drama, I'll consider him tougher.

The dumbest thing about these 'color' threads is that there is no clear dividing line between black and white. Look at Obama. He is equally 'white' and 'black' based on parents. There are plenty of players like that in the NBA. Don't try to tell me that Kidd can be labeled a black player but not a white player.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 02:19:32 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Dude that was the funniest thing I've seen on this blog.

Can't believe you took his hypothetical what if, and turned it into a thread.

Anyway I'll answer.

D wade, Chris paul, A.I., Derrik Rose, Tony Allen

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 02:44:08 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Rondo is pretty low on this list. He exaggerates every hit, and lays on the ground for a few seconds. He also probably averages 1 instance of getting laid out on the floor by a pick every game.

When he starts getting up quicker and stops the drama, I'll consider him tougher.

The dumbest thing about these 'color' threads is that there is no clear dividing line between black and white. Look at Obama. He is equally 'white' and 'black' based on parents. There are plenty of players like that in the NBA. Don't try to tell me that Kidd can be labeled a black player but not a white player.

Maybe someone should start a thread asking who is the toughest "Grey" player in the league.

I would not vote for Kidd, as i think he is a punk.

My vote would go to Tayshaun Prince - not because he's tough, beacause he's my fave non-celtic.
;P

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 06:26:59 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Dwyane Wade I'd say, until he cried when he dislocated his shoulder. I'm going with AI.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 07:34:14 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Dwyane Wade I'd say, until he cried when he dislocated his shoulder. I'm going with AI.

Wade sure showed his toughness the last two seasons.

Iverson showed his mental toughness...and his butt yesterday...and always.  He plays for himself.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 08:21:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Iverson- no way.  I also agree that rondo exagerates every bump and lays on the ground like he's unconcious like twice per game.  Tony Allen- that's a tough guy.  He jumps right into guys chests, he loves contact and he finishes even after getting nailed.

Re: Toughest under 6'5 player in the NBA
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
give that Walker kid from boston a chance

is he 6.6???
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 09:18:26 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Iverson, even if you hate him, he's the toughest little guy in the league. He's 5'10 or so (the listings must be in platforms to put him at 6'0) and he gets murdered every night. I'm still semi-amazed he's holding up this well considring his age and list of injuries.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 09:36:50 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
If we can raise the bar an inch, I would say Paul Pierce is the toughest guy in the league.  This guy doesn't blow by people and fall when grazed like the fast little guys.  Paul takes legitimate blows because he is not rocket like those guys.  He keeps attacking though and never exagerates the contact by sliding onto the floor.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 09:44:11 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If we can raise the bar an inch, I would say Paul Pierce is the toughest guy in the league.  This guy doesn't blow by people and fall when grazed like the fast little guys.  Paul takes legitimate blows because he is not rocket like those guys.  He keeps attacking though and never exagerates the contact by sliding onto the floor.

Well, i think that opens up most of the NBA. And, as much as i love paul, and he does take a beating....he does sell some fouls pretty hard when he barley gets contact driving.

Paul is an avid user of the "sniper shot to the head" move when he drives, but then so are all SF's who drive since the ref's fall for it all the time. to not do it costs your team.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:50:19 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
Yes he does use the sniper shot to the head routine at times, but you never see him take a 5 second nap on the court like Rondo and Vince Carter.  And McGrady...

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 10:04:52 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
And I don't think manipulating the refs to get a call has anything to do with toughness.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 10:21:24 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Well, i think that opens up most of the NBA. And, as much as i love paul, and he does take a beating....he does sell some fouls pretty hard when he barley gets contact driving.

Paul is an avid user of the "sniper shot to the head" move when he drives, but then so are all SF's who drive since the ref's fall for it all the time. to not do it costs your team.

True.  But after the stabbing, and losing his teeth on the court, and perhaps last year's knee injury in the Finals, it's tough to question Paul's toughness.  He's certainly not under 6'5", though.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
To me the definition of toughness should be the player who looks for body contact.  Who else is there?  Bynum on the Pistons is a tough little guy.