Author Topic: The tuffest White player In the NBA  (Read 4404 times)

The tuffest White player In the NBA
« on: November 27, 2008, 11:22:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I was talking today about Tyler Hansbrough. And I think he's the tuffest white kid to play since Larry Legend.

Of course Not half the player Bird was. But in terms of tufness he really gets after it.

I would love to see a AMERICAN white kid do really well.

So who are some other white guys since Bird, that were one talented, and two really tuff players.

People that come to mind Stockton.

And then Great white hopes like, Christian Laettner, Sucked.

Adam Morrison, Talented Yes. Tuff? No way. And a major reason why he's no good in the NBA.

And I almost forgot Bill Laimbeer. Now this is what I'm talking about. Here is a guy who by no means is the most talented, But was ultra Tuff, and a fierce competitor. And those were the main reasons why he had such a Great career.

Also Thunder Dan, Was A good competitor and pretty tuff.

So that's my question anybody remember any good tuff players to enter the league, and do you think PSYCO T is going to be a good player in the NBA

Re: The tuffest White player In the NBA
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 11:44:41 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
It is an interesting question, but just as a warning, let's be very careful with this thread.  If there is even a hint of racism, the thread will be locked immediately. 

As for the actual question, my vote goes for either Brad Miller (who seems to have mellowed out a bit, but was incredibly tough when he played in Chicago and Indy), or Matt Harpring.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 11:52:20 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't think Miller is tough, he doesn't like body contact.  Harpring is a monster.  He's like a football player.  Croshere played very tough when he was young.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 11:54:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Good Call, I forgot about Harpring.

And with Miller, the same thing you thought. Either He's mellowed out. Or because his team stinks.

Maybe we should Trade Patty for him. Wonder how much he's making.

Oh and Can't believe forgot to mention Scal. probably the tuffest player ever. Bar None.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 12:02:13 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Scalabrine. No doubt about it.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 12:10:22 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
On a serious note. I'm going to have to say Matt Harping. He's a beast. One of the strongest players in the NBA.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 12:27:23 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Tyler Hansborough is a tough kid but so is Luke Harangody at Notre Dame. I think based on what I saw last year I think Harangody might be tougher and possibly the toughest in the NCAA's right now.

Of course, now I am going to hear that Hansborough killed Harangody one-on-one the other day but Harangody was also playing while sick as a dog through a fever, vomiting, and flu symptoms and was on IV most of the day trying to stay hydrated while burning up from the fever. He still managed to go out and get 13 with 7 boards. That's pretty tough.

As for the rest of the subject, I find it offensive. If I asked for us to list the toughest black guys under 6'5" in the league, this thread would have been locked in the blink of an eye. But It's okay to list the toughest white, American players? That's not right.

Now if you want to debate discuss why there is a dirth of white Americans playing basketball, I think that would be cool. That's a different matter because we could be discussing the socio-economic reasoning of why the best black athletes play basketball or why white athletes trend toward other sports. Interesting topic.

But let's talk tough white American guys, intimating as if white players generally aren't tough, that's racist and wrong.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 12:28:18 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Biedrins will be in a few years.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 12:34:14 AM »

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
Jared Jordan will be when he finally makes it to the NBA

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 01:04:11 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Jeff Foster on Indiana.
Greg

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 01:05:24 AM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Tyler Hansborough is a tough kid but so is Luke Harangody at Notre Dame. I think based on what I saw last year I think Harangody might be tougher and possibly the toughest in the NCAA's right now.

Of course, now I am going to hear that Hansborough killed Harangody one-on-one the other day but Harangody was also playing while sick as a dog through a fever, vomiting, and flu symptoms and was on IV most of the day trying to stay hydrated while burning up from the fever. He still managed to go out and get 13 with 7 boards. That's pretty tough.

As for the rest of the subject, I find it offensive. If I asked for us to list the toughest black guys under 6'5" in the league, this thread would have been locked in the blink of an eye. But It's okay to list the toughest white, American players? That's not right.

Now if you want to debate discuss why there is a dirth of white Americans playing basketball, I think that would be cool. That's a different matter because we could be discussing the socio-economic reasoning of why the best black athletes play basketball or why white athletes trend toward other sports. Interesting topic.

But let's talk tough white American guys, intimating as if white players generally aren't tough, that's racist and wrong.
Yep, I agree with what you said about this being an offensive thread. And the lack of white players would be an interesting debate, too.

Sorry, but I can't resist answering the question anyway. It's definitely Kyle Korver.  ;)

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 02:08:51 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Where is Prysbilla on the list?

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 02:40:10 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

He's easily got the best nickname of those mentioned thus far - "Vanilla Gorilla."  That one gets me every time.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 04:00:35 AM »

Offline Sketch

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Are you talking about Ghostface Pryzbilla? Now that is the probably the best nickname in the NBA
We are in the right division. It's an amazing division. If you have three or four days off, you probably move up to first place. The key in our division is not playing right now.
Doc Rivers.

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 06:31:28 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

He's easily got the best nickname of those mentioned thus far - "Vanilla Gorilla."  That one gets me every time.

-sw

Greatest nickname ever. Absolutely no competition. TP for you.

As for tough white guys, David Lee is up there. Psycho T will probably make an appearance on this list when he's drafted too.

PS. What is it with these random weird threads?