Author Topic: What do you think the Cavs will do with Wally Szczerbiak's expiring contract?  (Read 8635 times)

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Would you rather play in NY, Miami or Cleveland?

The guy gets absolutely nothing by moving to NY.  Most players move to that city, so they can increase their endorsement potential.  Lebron is above that.  The only thing that would happen is a worse tax situation for him.

Miami makes sense.  Personally, he will NEED to find a place where he can win and NY seems like the furthest away from that goal. 

Not according to the rumors.  It has long been rumored that there was a large bonus worked into his shoe contract (I wanna say it was for an extra $50 million, but I don't remember the exact number), that would kick in if he played in LA or NY.

just for general culture
i really dont know
how about taxes
is it better not to play in ny???
not questioning u C just asking

I'm not sure what the taxes are in NY, I was just saying that he absolutely will increase his endorsement potential (reportedly) by playing in NY. 
totally valid
sometimes market is over goverment
sometimes... ;D

that brings another question back
is there any way to trak how endorsment respond to location?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
The shoe bonus was for his rookie year.  No bonus now.

Please watch a Cavs game and see how much Mo Williams helps this team.  You won't find it all in the box score either, but the fact that Lebron trusts him to bring the ball up the court is huge.  The fact that he scores points when Lebron is on the bench is even bigger (something that was incredibly difficult to come by last year).  The casv now are completely different than the cCavs that played Boston to open the season. 

Like I said, Ferry isn't going to trade Wally for anything but an all star caliber player.  He is far past the panic he was in when he first came to Cleveland and was trying to get some kind of talent to keep Lebron here.

The cavs are trying to win now but they aren't going to mortgage the future for a marginal player with a huge salary.