Author Topic: Two Recent Celtics Victims Clash Heads  (Read 2200 times)

Two Recent Celtics Victims Clash Heads
« on: November 23, 2008, 09:26:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The T-Wolves went into the Palace at Auburn Hills and beat the snot out of the Pistons today.  The Celtics made both of these teams look bad this past week, but given what I saw there's no way I would have thought Minnesota capable of this kind of performance.  Final MIN 106 DET 80  :o .

Randy Foye, who looked awful against the Celts, had 23 points and 14 assists.  After shooting low 30's from the field against the C's.  the T-Wolves shot 53% vs the Pistons.

I'm happy to see the Pistons struggling and everything, but this is pretty weak by them.

http://www.nba.com/games/20081123/MINDET/boxscore.html
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:32:20 PM by Redz »
Yup

Re: Two Recent Celtics Victims Clash Heads
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:16:12 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
The T-Wolves went into the Palace at Auburn Hills and beat the snot out of the Pistons today.  The Celtics made both of these teams look bad this past week, but given what I saw there's no way I would have thought Minnesota capable of this kind of performance.  Final MIN 106 DET 80  :o .

Randy Foye, who looked awful against the Celts, had 23 points and 14 assists.  After shooting low 30's from the field against the C's.  the T-Wolves shot 53% vs the Pistons.

I'm happy to see the Pistons struggling and everything, but this is pretty weak by them.

http://www.nba.com/games/20081123/MINDET/boxscore.html

guess who wins from that trade? at least short term??
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 10:43:25 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Pistons have looked terrible with AI.

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 12:54:05 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Think of this senario:

Detroit benches AI for Rodney! if that were to happen then marbury get out of the way because AI would need some serious newspaper time to get something of his chest if that were to happen.

That team has played to the tune of a floor leader, yank that out and your left with a disjointed team in limbo between passing the torch to Rodney and trying for a run with AI.

The trade is not looking good in my eyes, my intitial thought on the trade was that they wanted to move chauncy to free up cash for a trade next year while giving Rodney more time at the point but it seems like Stucky hasnt been seeing as much court time as i would have thought he would and it looks like the starting lineup is thinking about next year more than here and now and i cant blame them after what Joe came out with in the offseason, they look disjointed and lacking team effort night in night out (what made Detroit respected in the first place as a blue coller working type team)

A starting lineup of players in a contract year would be the best way to summerize what my thoughts about the current Detroit team.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 01:07:36 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
The Pistons beat the Lakers.
The Wolves beat the Pistons.
Go figure!

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:18:04 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Think of this senario:

Detroit benches AI for Rodney! if that were to happen then marbury get out of the way because AI would need some serious newspaper time to get something of his chest if that were to happen.

That team has played to the tune of a floor leader, yank that out and your left with a disjointed team in limbo between passing the torch to Rodney and trying for a run with AI.

The trade is not looking good in my eyes, my intitial thought on the trade was that they wanted to move chauncy to free up cash for a trade next year while giving Rodney more time at the point but it seems like Stucky hasnt been seeing as much court time as i would have thought he would and it looks like the starting lineup is thinking about next year more than here and now and i cant blame them after what Joe came out with in the offseason, they look disjointed and lacking team effort night in night out (what made Detroit respected in the first place as a blue coller working type team)

A starting lineup of players in a contract year would be the best way to summerize what my thoughts about the current Detroit team.

The problem with that scenario is that Stuckey is playing just as bad or worse than Iverson.  He's no more of a point guard than AI.  I think they may have jumped the gun thinking he could take over for Chauncy.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson