Author Topic: P.J. Carlesimo Fired  (Read 5175 times)

Re: P.J. Carlesimo Fired
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
They stink.  They have a bunch of role players starting.

As for the starting PG job - Westbrook has a poor handle, and his decision making is questionable.  Watson may be a poor defensive guard, but offensively he is their best weapon.

This team has to score.  They arent going to trouble teams defensively with a front line of Petro, Collison, Wilcox etc.  Inserting Westbrook into the line-up stalls their offense too much.  Heck, i think Damien Wilkins is a better PG option than Westbrook.

As for Carlesimo.....consider this his last NBA head coaching gig.  We're not privvy to what goes on there so who knows what gives.

I dont think he is a bad coach, as i have watched plenty of games he coaches, and he seems to be a pretty good in-game coach.  But i guess there is more to coaching these days than that.

What i want to know is who is that leader on that team??  They are extremely young, and their best player (Durant) seems too placid to be a leader.  Joe Smith is on his 10th or so NBA team, so i doubt if he wants the responsibility with retirement pending.

They are doomed.

Who here thinks they'll beat out the 76ers record for ineptitude and win 9 or less games this season??

I think they'll push it - especially in the ultra competitive west.

My guess is an 8-74 w/l on the season.

Exactly right about the role player part, their whole roster is role players.  Durant just might be the second coming of Gerald Green, though I do agree it is to early to judge him, maybe in a year or two I can say for sure.  Jeff Green looks to be pretty solid but I'm not sure if he'll ever be a player you could build around.  Durant and Green will leave after thier contract's are up and go to a bigger market if I had to guess.  That Thunder franchise is going to suck along time. 

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Maybe PJ should consider becoming a NBA or sports announcer(analyst)...you can be wrong a lot,keep your gig ,and still get paid.Apply at ESPN monday morning PJ. :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 11:31:40 PM by housecall »

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 12:36:52 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
I'm really worried P.J. stunted Durant's growth by playing him at SG. This guy is a forward, he should be using his quickness and shooting touch against SF and PF. I don't understand why they aren't having him bulk up a bit, he has a pretty similar frame to KG as far as I can tell.

Still I can't say I'm sad they're sucking. They deserve it after this nonsense move to OKC.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 12:38:38 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Maybe PJ should consider becoming a NBA or sports announcer(analyst)...you can be wrong a lot,keep your gig ,and still get paid.Apply at ESPN monday morning PJ. :)

actually, he ought to go back to the college game...he's not made for the professional game.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 12:39:16 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I don't understand why they aren't having him bulk up a bit
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!