Author Topic: P.J. Carlesimo Fired  (Read 5185 times)

P.J. Carlesimo Fired
« on: November 22, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
That's what happens when you give the starting pg job to Earl Watson.  What could PJ possibly have been thinking?

Re: P.J. Carlesimo Fired
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
That's what happens when you give the starting pg job to Earl Watson.  What could PJ possibly have been thinking?

agreed....westbrook has been playing great and deserves it, seeing where the team is young and rebuilding

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I don't think it's going to make a difference.  This roster has no chance to win.  Absolutely horrible roster with the exception of Durant.  They better hope Westbrook starts to make some shots or it's going to be years and years before they become decent.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
But Westbrook is shooting 32% from the field and taking a ton of shots.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 10:09:03 AM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I guess the stolen franchise wants to wipe out memories of the old. Actually, these guys looked like a middle school team the few times I saw them. They had no floor spacing at all. They seemed to have 4 guys on the same side of the floor within 18 feet of the basket. Even I might be able to gaurd somebody in that sitauation. Then again, maybe not.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »

Offline BillfromBoston

• Author
  • Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Their main problem is that they have ZERO offensive talent aside from Durant...they need a big-time scoring complement to Durant because Westbrook and Green are 4th/5th option types...

...they'll be quite happy though if Blake Griffin falls into their laps, let me tell you...not polished yet, but has big-time potential and would dominate with all the attention Durant garners...

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:29:43 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I'm not impressed with Durant at all.  He's horrible defensively and misses more shots than Antoine Walker.

Jeff Green is a better player.

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 10:38:50 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
ya. we saw what happened with toine. kd need some veteran help fast.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 10:39:54 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
They are really a long way away from being good.  They are a couple real good impact players away.  I see what Brickowski is saying about Durant but he's still a baby and he's most likely going to improve a lot.  He's a major building block.

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 10:40:43 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
sprewell is happy somewhere. when i first heard of the strangling incident right away i thought ,oooh pj must have been spitting when he was yelling again and caught sprewell in the face with a big one.

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 10:41:06 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
the difference is that KD has a great shooting touch.

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2008, 10:45:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
They have a terrible roster, I'm not sure what they expected PJ to do with it. He has them playing okay defense given the limitations of their bigs. Durant is a train wreck. He is shooting a terrible percentage and awful at defense.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2008, 06:19:27 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
they need to stop the durant @ sg. time for the guy to play sf. Also durant is showing gerald greem like tendencies.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i would say it was the players, not the coach but seeing how the knicks are playing right now... it was the coach. the thunder aren't even competitive in their games. at least the celtics a couple years ago lost close games.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2008, 07:30:49 PM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
They stink.  They have a bunch of role players starting.

As for the starting PG job - Westbrook has a poor handle, and his decision making is questionable.  Watson may be a poor defensive guard, but offensively he is their best weapon.

This team has to score.  They arent going to trouble teams defensively with a front line of Petro, Collison, Wilcox etc.  Inserting Westbrook into the line-up stalls their offense too much.  Heck, i think Damien Wilkins is a better PG option than Westbrook.

As for Carlesimo.....consider this his last NBA head coaching gig.  We're not privvy to what goes on there so who knows what gives.

I dont think he is a bad coach, as i have watched plenty of games he coaches, and he seems to be a pretty good in-game coach.  But i guess there is more to coaching these days than that.

What i want to know is who is that leader on that team??  They are extremely young, and their best player (Durant) seems too placid to be a leader.  Joe Smith is on his 10th or so NBA team, so i doubt if he wants the responsibility with retirement pending.

They are doomed.

Who here thinks they'll beat out the 76ers record for ineptitude and win 9 or less games this season??

I think they'll push it - especially in the ultra competitive west.

My guess is an 8-74 w/l on the season.