Author Topic: Jalen Rose Is Dreaming.  (Read 6150 times)

Re: Jalen Rose Is Dreaming.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 11:09:09 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think Rose stated a valid theory.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 11:19:09 AM »

Offline RickyDavisfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Lebron James is already the most endorsed athlete? Really? He passed Tiger Woods in that regard?
Lebron thinks he's gods gift to earth and can win no matter where he plays, so he has no reason not to sign where it will make him the most money... why not? he's going to win wherever he is, right? That's his thinking anyway.

If he ever has a career ending injury he'll prob. make a hell of a business man!

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 11:56:40 AM »

Offline Steve from Milford

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I don't think LeBron is going anywhere! It happens that one of the teams that will have money next year is also Cleveland. Just think how many prime free agents would love to come to Cleveland to play with Lebron. And if they do, then Lebron is happy to remain in his home town and bring them a championship.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Anybody else besides me, not convinced that players would really love to play with Lebron, or that going to Cleveland would be at the top of their list??

Some people think players would be jumping all over the opportunity to play with Lebron, but Im not that convinced.  As someone mentioned earlier, Lebron loves to have the ball in his hand as much as possible, and you can say how theres no one else on the Cavs right now, but I dont think it matters who else is there, I think theyll always be a one man team.  It's Lebron team.  Im not convinced that Lebron is willing to split the spot light in Cleveland with anyone on the basketball court.   I just dont see players like Amare, or Bosh being eager to be Lebrons extremely talented new role player.  Both those guys are putting up fantastic numbers and I just think that if theyre going to leave its going to be a place where they can get just as much fame and credit as Lebron would.

It was kind of like our situation with Pierce years ago.  We were a one man team, and as much as we needed help and could really use a second star, I dont think many players were desperately wanting to jump ship to come to the C's because at the end of the day this was ALL Paul Pierce.  Obviously things have changed.

Im not saying this is definetly the situation, Im just saying im not completely convinced that Cleveland is on top of all these FA's destination lists.
Greg

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 06:44:03 PM »

Offline Steve from Milford

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Anybody else besides me, not convinced that players would really love to play with Lebron, or that going to Cleveland would be at the top of their list??

Some people think players would be jumping all over the opportunity to play with Lebron, but Im not that convinced.  As someone mentioned earlier, Lebron loves to have the ball in his hand as much as possible, and you can say how theres no one else on the Cavs right now, but I dont think it matters who else is there, I think theyll always be a one man team.  It's Lebron team.  Im not convinced that Lebron is willing to split the spot light in Cleveland with anyone on the basketball court.   I just dont see players like Amare, or Bosh being eager to be Lebrons extremely talented new role player.  Both those guys are putting up fantastic numbers and I just think that if theyre going to leave its going to be a place where they can get just as much fame and credit as Lebron would.

It was kind of like our situation with Pierce years ago.  We were a one man team, and as much as we needed help and could really use a second star, I dont think many players were desperately wanting to jump ship to come to the C's because at the end of the day this was ALL Paul Pierce.  Obviously things have changed.

Im not saying this is definitely the situation, I'm just saying im not completely convinced that Cleveland is on top of all these FA's destination lists.

If you think that of Lebron, you can't have watched him too much in his first couple of years in the league. He as constantly getting criticized for sharing the ball too much. He loves to play the game right as a TEAM player. Having people he is comfortable sharing the ball with would do wonders for the team, his game and theirs.

Think Paul Pierce with KG and Ray and then square it.

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 07:12:29 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The more I think about 2010 the more I say GMs and owners won't stand for losing their star player for nothing.  How drastic would it be for the current teams of Lebron, Wade, Bosh ect to let them leave and not get anything in return.   If I were an owner I would fire a GM if that happened.  If I had an inkling my star player was going to leave and not extend his max contract I would look into trading him or at least a sign and trade rather than letting him go for nothing.   

To have so many stars leave their current respective teams via free agency I think would be a historic event for the NBA.   More often than not star players get traded rather than just leave via free agency for nothing.  Especially in light of what recently happened in Clipperland with Brand and the Warriors with Davis with their teams maybe not expecting bold moves for them to leave, teams may look into trading their star playing between next summer and next season's trade deadline more than we think.    If players don't extend their max contracts I think they will have to look into trading them and it makes sense for them to do it.   

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Tp for tou JB CAT that is my point too. This stuff Is not a fairy tale. there is big money involved. Like you said why would you let a top 5 star walk from your team. 

If bron leaves how much would that affect the overall value of the team.

Hundreds and hundreds of Millions.

Much cheaper just to sign him.

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 07:47:53 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I don't think LeBron is going anywhere! It happens that one of the teams that will have money next year is also Cleveland. Just think how many prime free agents would love to come to Cleveland to play with Lebron. And if they do, then Lebron is happy to remain in his home town and bring them a championship.

If the prime free agents aren't sure Lebron is staying they probably won't sign.

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 09:42:41 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i've also heard that CC might be signing with the yankees in hopes of his buddy lebron coming to NY with him.