Author Topic: Zach Randolph traded to the Clippers (LA Times)  (Read 11010 times)

Re: Zach Randolph traded to the Clippers (LA Times)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 05:41:10 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
The Knicks are absolutely blowing up my fantasy team right now.  Crawford and Randolph were my garbage time all-stars.  D'Antoni just kicked me right in the nuts. 
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Fantasy David Lee is GOLD this days!!

in fantasy news.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 05:44:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Is this the part where D'Antoni convinces Tim Thomas to actually play hard for six months to sucker some dumb team into giving him a ridiculous contract?  Cause I think we've seen that movie before.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 05:45:14 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Ran ⋅ dolph   [ran-dolf, -duh lf]
-verb
1. Making a last ditch effort to improve a hopeless situation (typically followed by an even greater feeling of disappointment and failure).
NBA teams try to Randolph their way out of mediocrity every year, failing to realize that Randoplhing will only intensify their problems.

2. Suckering a team into making a last ditch effort to improve a hopeless situation.
The Knicks sure Randolphed the Clippers today! How could the Clippers be so stupid?

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 05:50:29 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
interesting but not surprising - I think this was supposed to be part of a bigger 3 way trade that they just decided to break into 2 deals

nice move for the future by Donnie and since the present was trash anyway, why not?
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
This deal seems to leave the Clippers without a legit SG.  I don't see playing 3 bigs in the two big positions as a problem though.  There are 96 minutes available for Zach, Camby, and Kaman which should be plenty.  Davis is their point and Thornton seems to be fine at SF but who plays SG?  Other than that, it doesn't leave them too bad off.

For the Knicks, their motivation is obvious.  They are blowing it up.  They traded their two most effective players to get shorter contracts back.  I guess Tim Thomas is their center until Eddy Curry gets back on the court (they had that problem already though so no change).  So they have Mobley to play Crawford's minutes and Thomas and Harrington to play Randolph's.  I think they might just keep winning.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 06:04:55 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
this is a loser-loser trade
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 06:10:24 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Is there a worse run franchise in the NBA than the Clippers?

Although I'm not sure about the trade, I respect the fact that the Clippers are spending money trying to be competitive for their fans.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 06:47:45 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
this new york team looks like it finally has a future. now if they can only get rid of marbury, they'll be golden.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 07:06:48 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Great move by the Knicks, curious one for the Clippers.  Randolph is definitely NOT Dunleavy's kind of player, and it creates a bit of a logjam up front with Camby and Kaman already there.  Perhaps this will lead to yet another trade.
Why do you think Randolph is not a Mike Dunleavy type of player?

Dunleavy loves post players and loves running his offense through the post.

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Good moves from Walsh.

Dunleavy is paying the price for taking Camby out of Denver's hands. That's what forced him to pull the trigger on this one and run the risk of getting Randolph.

I'm confused, why did trading for Camby force him to pull the trigger on this deal?

Because Camby is not starting material anymore and what they needed was scoring down low to pair with Kaman. He should have kept the cap space and use it next off-season.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 07:18:53 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
This deal seems to leave the Clippers without a legit SG.  I don't see playing 3 bigs in the two big positions as a problem though.  There are 96 minutes available for Zach, Camby, and Kaman which should be plenty.  Davis is their point and Thornton seems to be fine at SF but who plays SG?  Other than that, it doesn't leave them too bad off.

For the Knicks, their motivation is obvious.  They are blowing it up.  They traded their two most effective players to get shorter contracts back.  I guess Tim Thomas is their center until Eddy Curry gets back on the court (they had that problem already though so no change).  So they have Mobley to play Crawford's minutes and Thomas and Harrington to play Randolph's.  I think they might just keep winning.

Eric Gordon or Ricky.

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 07:20:43 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
This deal seems to leave the Clippers without a legit SG.  I don't see playing 3 bigs in the two big positions as a problem though.  There are 96 minutes available for Zach, Camby, and Kaman which should be plenty.  Davis is their point and Thornton seems to be fine at SF but who plays SG?  Other than that, it doesn't leave them too bad off.

Ricky Ricardo, unless Eric Gordon makes the leap.

Maybe Mardy Collins can steal some minutes.

Edit: [shakes fist at KC and mutters]
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
This deal seems to leave the Clippers without a legit SG.  I don't see playing 3 bigs in the two big positions as a problem though.  There are 96 minutes available for Zach, Camby, and Kaman which should be plenty.  Davis is their point and Thornton seems to be fine at SF but who plays SG?  Other than that, it doesn't leave them too bad off.

[Gives Lucky a TP and reminds him that muttering is rude and that his mother taught him better]
As far as Ricky Ricardo goes :
BABALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

[Gives Lucky a TP and reminds him that muttering is rude and that his mother taught him better]
As far as Ricky Ricardo goes :
BABALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, but I learned to mutter from my dad. He usually did it while my mom's back was turned.

TP for the KC as well.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague