Author Topic: Rumor: Al Harrington for Jamal Crawford  (Read 11155 times)

Rumor: Al Harrington for Jamal Crawford
« on: November 21, 2008, 03:32:02 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Atlantic rumors are always fun.  When they involve the Knicks they're always a little more fun.  If this move does happen I absolutely hate it for the style of this year's team.  However it is perfect as far as moving more room around for King James or whatever his name is...

Thoughts on this rumor?
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: Rumor: Al Harrington for Jamal Crawford
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 04:58:17 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
The new info is that is Harrington for Malik Rose...

Either of them makes little sense for the warriors. I mean, why would they want Crawful? Soon they will have an all guard team...

Rose, since he is expiring, makes a little more sense but if that is the best GS can get for Al that is pretty sad. Harrington isn`t anything special but you would expect warriors to get something at least useful in return.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:24:50 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Another headcase heading to NY? wow...

As for the Warriors, i agree with birdman...couldn't they get any better player in return? ???

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 07:43:43 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Another headcase heading to NY? wow...

As for the Warriors, i agree with birdman...couldn't they get any better player in return? ???
It is hard to get a good deal for a headcase that you've vowed to trade already. Especially when he's just an okay player like Harrington.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 08:38:33 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
That would make no sense for the Warriors.  They've had the feel-good story of Anthony Morrow over the past couple game.  And undrafted rookie lighting it up.  They already have enough guards as it is.  Getting Jamal Crawford would take away minutes (and definitely shots) away from Morrow and the other guards.

Malik Rose would make some sense it if were 5-6 years ago, but he's not the player he used to be, and even at his peak he was never more than solid.  Harrigton isn't a star, but I would think the Warriors could do better.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 08:40:20 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Doesn't really make sense for knicks either.  Harrington isn't much of an upgrade over Wilson Chandler.

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:41 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Doesn't really make sense for knicks either.  Harrington isn't much of an upgrade over Wilson Chandler.

I'm not sure Harrigton is an upgrade at all.  He may still be a little better than Chandler, but that guy has the potential to be a star, IMO.  He was a nice late 1st round pickup for the Knicks.  That being said, they're still the Knicks.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 08:59:25 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
I do love What D'Antoni has done- benching Curry and Marbury and playing the guys who are deserving.  It's time for Walsh to do a few things.  The guy that some other teams are asking about, Randolph, is playing great.  They really need to find someone to take Curry off of their hands.

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I do love What D'Antoni has done- benching Curry and Marbury and playing the guys who are deserving.  It's time for Walsh to do a few things.  The guy that some other teams are asking about, Randolph, is playing great.  They really need to find someone to take Curry off of their hands.

same, at least he's trying to get guys out there who belong. mike is making the most out of thomas's misfits, thats for sure.

If they can get rid of crawford for harrington, thats a major steal for them. thats another 10 mill off the cap in 2010.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 09:46:21 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

This is probably the best reason why this one will happen. It makes no sense.

Is Monta Ellis behind schedule?
Yup

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 09:50:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
Isn't a Crawford/Ellis combo redundant?

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 09:52:37 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
should have traded harrington for baron davis!

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 10:50:08 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Either of them makes little sense for the warriors. I mean, why would they want Crawful? Soon they will have an all guard team...

Rose, since he is expiring, makes a little more sense but if that is the best GS can get for Al that is pretty sad. Harrington isn`t anything special but you would expect warriors to get something at least useful in return.

Crawford for Rose is what I've heard too.  Makes more sense for the Knicks.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 11:18:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Here's what RealGM is saying:

Alan Hahn [of Newsday] is reporting that a possible three-way blockbuster trade could be completed soon.

The Knicks, Warriors and Clippers may be on the verge of a deal that would involve Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins being traded in a cap-clearing move that would see the Knicks bring in Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley and Al Harrington.

The Clippers would land Randolph and the Warriors would receive Crawford.

All three of the players New York would acquire have contracts that expire by 2010 when LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh will be free-agents.

The Knicks could be pursuing a plan to clear two maximum salary slots for that summer's free-agency period.

Link.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 11:18:55 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

They may have a lot of guards, but they don't have many legit NBA quality guards.  Crawford is having a good season, and is absolutely perfect for the Warrior's run and gun system.

I think this deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.  Of course both teams would still have plenty of work to do, but I think this is pretty equal value, and a smart move.