Author Topic: Celtics (11-2) at Wolves (2-8)  (Read 22107 times)

Re: Celtics (11-2) at Wolves (2-8)
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 08:26:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Saw the Wolves live last week. Love appears to be a little to slow. That said, he also has good fudamentals and obviously knows how to play.

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 08:26:46 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I excited to watch Love. I can't believe Collins starts over him.
I didn't think Love and the Wolves were playing well when he was starting. I thought they had more success using him off the bench.

Also, I'm disappointed in Love's start to his pro career, I was expecting more in the early going. I still think he's a good prospect, just surprised and disappointed by his readiness. He put back on nearly all of that weight he lost before the draft too.

Despite his struggles, he's better than Collins.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 08:38:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I excited to watch Love. I can't believe Collins starts over him.
I didn't think Love and the Wolves were playing well when he was starting. I thought they had more success using him off the bench.

Also, I'm disappointed in Love's start to his pro career, I was expecting more in the early going. I still think he's a good prospect, just surprised and disappointed by his readiness. He put back on nearly all of that weight he lost before the draft too.

Despite his struggles, he's better than Collins.
Sometimes you don't always start you five best though. Besides he's still getting the minutes. I think he'll be good player, not great but good.

Scal hitting a bailout three. I didn't like that unit that ended the 2nd quarter. Didn't know what to do on offense.

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Ugh 5 bench players on the floor, and we can't run anything on offense. Need Ray or Paul out there.

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 08:43:56 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
Whats with the 2nd unit being on the floor with out at least 1 of the big 3...this didnt happen at all last year..

Ugly basketball from the celtics so far...I wish they would stop "coasting" against inferior competition, its getting annoying.

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 08:45:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Whats with the 2nd unit being on the floor with out at least 1 of the big 3...this didnt happen at all last year..

Ugly basketball from the celtics so far...I wish they would stop "coasting" against inferior competition, its kind of getting annoying.
I wonder if Doc is trying to keep the minutes of the Big 3 down on the second of a back to back. Especially against a weaker team.

Don't like it though. Need to keep one of the Big 3 to keep ourselves organized on offense.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 08:48:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Doc did that all the time last year, especially toward the end of the season.  Against the weaker teams we'd go all bench right around when we're doing it now.

Still don't like what the bench is doing out there, though...they look disorganized.

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Saw the Wolves live last week. Love appears to be a little to slow. That said, he also has good fudamentals and obviously knows how to play.

He is super Scals!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:12 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens

Doc did that all the time last year, especially toward the end of the season.  Against the weaker teams we'd go all bench right around when we're doing it now.

Still don't like what the bench is doing out there, though...they look disorganized.

We also had James Posey then...I dont think it happened very much last year other than blowouts or after we had already clinched

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
On the plus side, the wolves are lousy at holding leads.  ;D

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 08:54:40 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
Pierce already has 9 boards...dayum son

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 08:56:41 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

We also had James Posey then...I dont think it happened very much last year other than blowouts or after we had already clinched
Posey did one thing on offense. Spot up and shoot threes. He wouldn't have helped that unit one bit.

I loved Pose but the exaggeration of his impact is beginning to drive me batty.

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 09:01:31 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens

Posey did one thing on offense. Spot up and shoot threes. He wouldn't have helped that unit one bit.

Posey was the leader of the 2nd unit last year, and he did more then spot up and shoot 3s..he was the leader of the 2nd unit defense...but anyways just not very good play out of the celtics tonight, I dont understand why they're not more passionate in this game, theyve been dull against the twolves since last year, even though they've won, they just seem to be on "coast" mode against this team

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 09:02:29 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

I agree.  I don't remember too many games in late November last year when I was saying thank God for James Posey.  We'll feel his loss more in the playoffs, hopefully by then we'll have the experience on our bench to make up for it.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 09:02:55 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
I would happily go my entire life without ever hearing that piano piece from Where <whatever> Happens commercials.

I would also as happily spend that time not watching the Celtics play to the level of their competition. Domination of Detroit last night was excellent, but limping around Minnesota is pathetic. Rondo is off, Perk is off, Rondo is off..oh I mentioned that.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."