Author Topic: Great Ipod Music  (Read 2927 times)

Great Ipod Music
« on: November 19, 2008, 06:27:49 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Im trying to put together some music on my new ipod and i just always seem to hit a block whenever i try to think of music to put on it.

So basically i just wanted some suggestions for bands or individual songs that you guys like.

I like all types of music, anything up tempo but it doesn't really matter. I just want to build a little repetoire of music.

Re: Great Ipod Music
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 07:15:17 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Aqua - Barbie Girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxn567bHny8

Wow, you are in trouble now.

This is an older group but I just started listening to Thin Lizzy and WOW does that band rock. 

For newer stuff, my two favorite bands continue to kick BUTT- 

Float the newest CD by Flogging Molly is great.  They are an Irish-Punk band with a bit of a folk music influence.  Think of "Dropkick Murphy's" but more Irish than American-Irish.

Modest Mouse's We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank is their best yet in my opinion, and is the top of what alternative rock is today... again in my opinion (which is correct, I will brook no argument).

Apart of that I've got a lot but you said upbeat, and I tend to listen to a lot of smoother sounds or very out there stuff - related note, anyone a fan of Tom Waits?

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 03:44:43 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I have the same problem. I have a 200gb collection and i can`t find even 10gb of music to put in the ipod.

Lately i use playlists made by genius. Of course it doesn`t always work 100% (imagine a minimal tech playlist and somewhere in the middle a song from tony bennet) but it works pretty good far

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 06:05:42 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
My album of the year is perhaps Only by the Night by the Kings of Leon. I've also had The Cool by Lupe Fiasco, American Gangster by Jay-Z and Graduation by Kanye West on heavy rotation for a year. O by Damien Rice is also an album for different moods.

That's just pointing you in a certain direction, my iTunes library consists of over 15000 songs and 38 different genres and 964 artists ranging from Kanye to Rod Stewart to Elton John to Mozart.