Author Topic: Reports from Displaced Celts Fans  (Read 3019 times)

Reports from Displaced Celts Fans
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:12:21 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
While the majority of us here on CelticsBlog are Celtics fans, many of us spend the NBA season away from Boston.  While we follow the Celts we also get a chance to watch the local team for 82 games.  Since I value the opinions here over many of the "experts", I think we should have a thread where us displaced fans give reports on how our "home" teams are doing.

I go to school in New York so for me that team would be the Knicks.  As we all saw tonight, the Knicks are definitely an improved team.  They got rid of an awful coach, and replaced him with a guy that's good for the personnel this team has.  They're going to score a lot of points.  They are also going to give up a lot of points.

It was a great move to put Marbury and Curry on the inactive list.  Last year they were both cancers, and neither one fit the system.  The ball needs to move, which Marbury doesn't do well.  The bigs need to run the floor, which Curry can't do.

I thought Randolph would also struggle in this system, but he has thrived.  When he's making the three ball he is very hard to defend.  When he doesn't, he still needs to learn to stop taking them.

Duhon was a good add to the team.  He is running the uptempo offense well, making good decisions.

I really like Jamal Crawford.  I realize that he has the worst winning percentage ever, but he can be fun to watch. 

Lee is off to a slow start, having not found his niche in this system.  He's a hard worker though and he's starting to have some good nights and pick up his play.

Chandler is the real deal.  I really like watching him play.  Offensively he is showing skills I didn't realize he had.  Him, Lee, and Duhon are the only really likable guys on the roster.

Overall the Knicks are going to be an improved team.  They're record is misleading though.  Their 7 wins have come against bad teams.  They don't play enough defense to be relevant for a whole season, but I think they can score enough points to make a push for the 8-spot.  They'll finish in that 8th to 11th area.  As I've said before here, I'd personally like them to be in the playoff run so that I can watch relevant NBA basketball all year long.  Also I'd LOVE for them to get the 8th spot so we can crush them in the first round of the playoffs.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: Reports from Displaced Celts Fans
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:54:55 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
You get a TP for not mentioning
Quentin "Smack Talk" Richardson.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:00:36 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
You get a TP for not mentioning
Quentin "Smack Talk" Richardson.

Haha yeah he's just kind of a blob that runs around and takes bad shots.  For whatever reason he gets all fired up for the Celtics, if he played with that intensity every night he might be worth mentioning on there.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 07:09:43 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Anyone from LA, I'm sure I speak for more than just myself when I say Clippers only please and thanks.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 07:59:15 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I'll have to report in once I catch a few more Cavs games...

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 08:54:32 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
there are teams other than the celtics? ;)

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:59:18 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Anyone out there connected to the detroit area? if so, i would love to know what the initial ruling is on the AI trade, not about wether it makes them a better team, but in pure context to Rodney Stuckey.

He was slated to be playing alot of minutes this year but with Iverson in the picture, it seems the bad boys are in limbo between passing the tourch and trying for a title.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 10:44:41 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
I live in Central PA right now and get the Sixers on CSN. I've watched a few games this season. The announcers seem to be more realistic about their team today than a month ago. Remember, everyone was saying the Sixers would be a top 4 or 5 team in the East with Brand, Iguodala and Dalembert. Now they are pushing for them to just make the playoffs.

As much as you guys hate BSG, he is right about one thing. Paying a second banana (Brand) first banana money, and a third banana (Iguodala) and role player (Dalembert) second banana money ain't going help your team win.

On the other hand, Thaddeus Young looks really good. In a few years, he could be something special. Too bad they aren't going far with what they currently have.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 09:49:50 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
I live in Central PA right now and get the Sixers on CSN. I've watched a few games this season. The announcers seem to be more realistic about their team today than a month ago. Remember, everyone was saying the Sixers would be a top 4 or 5 team in the East with Brand, Iguodala and Dalembert. Now they are pushing for them to just make the playoffs.

As much as you guys hate BSG, he is right about one thing. Paying a second banana (Brand) first banana money, and a third banana (Iguodala) and role player (Dalembert) second banana money ain't going help your team win.

On the other hand, Thaddeus Young looks really good. In a few years, he could be something special. Too bad they aren't going far with what they currently have.

I'm not gonna lie I bought into the Philly hype.  I guess Brand hasn't fully come back from that surgery yet.  I think I also overrated Iguodala and Dalembert as you said.