Author Topic: Can Stackhouse help us??  (Read 12118 times)

Re: Can Stackhouse help us??
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Rumblings that he may want to be bought out/traded:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3710468

I think he can help us as a gunner off the bench.  Certainly a more controlled, cerebral player than Tony Allen.  Doesn't really help us defensively like Posey did.  But he can make shots and get to the foul line.

Thoughts on this fellas?

Cuban said he isn't buying out Stack so I think this is a dead issue.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
And...Scals is back on the end of the bench.  :'(

How can you say that now that Scals in on a roll? 

That's why the prospect of acquring Stackhouse saddens me so!  :'( :'(

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 04:54:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Why doesn't he get more playing time? Are people trying to dump Tony Allen for someone behind Gerald Green in a rotation? And do we really want to trade defense for offense? last year's results say no.

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 05:07:06 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
   Why doesn't he get more playing time? Are people trying to dump Tony Allen for someone behind Gerald Green in a rotation? And do we really want to trade defense for offense? last year's results say no.

Generally, no, defense wins championships, so defense is what we'd want. But savvy vets also win championships, and I'm much more comfortable with Jerry Stackhouse in a big game than I am with TA, who's completely unproven in the playoffs. Perhaps my inexplicable bias against TA (sorry, I can't help but think I've seen more polished basketball players at my local YMCA than him) has something to do with that last statement, I don't know.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 09:01:42 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I'd absolutely LOVE Stackhouse in Boston.  He's an underrated defender (was really bothering Kobe the other night) is a great insurance policy for any injuries to Paul or Ray (much moreso than Tony Allen) and I really think he could step in for James Posey.  He's 6'6 and can shoot the ball from the perimeter, better than TA.  He's hungry for a title and is a classy player.

Danny make this happen! 

And then we still need a big guy with some length (McDyess or PJ)  ;D
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 10:36:57 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Generally, no, defense wins championships, so defense is what we'd want. But savvy vets also win championships, and I'm much more comfortable with Jerry Stackhouse in a big game than I am with TA, who's completely unproven in the playoffs. Perhaps my inexplicable bias against TA (sorry, I can't help but think I've seen more polished basketball players at my local YMCA than him) has something to do with that last statement, I don't know.

Last year Sam Cassell was the savvy vet that we needed. Has Stackhouse really been that clutch in the playoffs?

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 01:24:57 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Yeah. I would take Stack if he was bought out. But again we argue about which player should be cut...to me both BBD and Scal are garbage to me, and Pat0 has yet to be impressive. Mcdyess seems to be a long shot at best, so i would focus on getting a player like Stack, even though his shooting percentage is at an all time low. Our bench needs an upgrade, b/c no matter how much we like Powe and sometimes Tony, neither should be the leading scorer off the bench.

Also...why haven't we put our names into trades anywhere? With Newyork making 2 big trades today, You would think and hope that we could have thrown in a player or two or some picks so we could do some upgrading...
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 01:31:09 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
In response to the thread title:

Certainly. If for no other reason then we now have, Little House, Eddie House and Stack House.

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 02:02:02 PM »

Offline the moops

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
Has Stackhouse really been that clutch in the playoffs?
Stackhouse has been awful in the playoffs. In the 64 games he has played, he has shot just 37% from the floor and has nearly as many turnovers as assists.

No thanks.

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2008, 03:34:18 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
The team has enough problems already with T's called...Stackhouse is a hot head thats over the hill.I had respect for his game in his prime,but he is not a consistent scorer anymore.

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2008, 04:35:58 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Stack isn't going to like it but I see him going to the Knicks with some filler for Eddy Curry, based in large part on his expiration date.  I think he is like Harrington where he thinks much higher of himself than any GM.

I doubt that he would be on the Celtic's radar even if bought out and certainly not in a trade.