Author Topic: Can Stackhouse help us??  (Read 12137 times)

Re: Can Stackhouse help us??
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Humor me here:

Stack is bought out and likes the overtures he receives from Boston.
Dice also has a change of heart about Detroit.

Suddenly we have a bench of:
House, TA, Stackhouse, Dice, Powe.

That is some serious depth -- Cs still wouldn't match up well height wise, but that is good depth.

(POB would be cut, Cassell would become coach).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
So the general consensus seems to be that Tony Allen is more productive than Stack would be?  Yikes.  I must be really out of touch.  Because I am seeing absolutely nothing good from TA at all.  Not even good defense.

TA has more potential to be more productive. 

It is just not out there on a night to night basis. 

That's been the story of TA's entire career. Potential. When does it stop becoming potential and start becoming the fact that he just may not be that good?!

If he hadn't been injured I think he is a different story, but it is what it is.

I would LOVE Stack on this team. Pride said Stack wouldn't bring any more to the team than Ray Allen. WHAT?! Is that a problem or something?! Give me 12 Ray Allen's anytime. TA can't hold Ray's jock!

im willing to give him a non-injury year before i declare him a bust at the least. if he plays well this year, then he is what he is, a nice bench player.

also, ray allen is going to be a HOF'er, not alot of people in the NBA can hold his jock. not sure thats exactly a fair comparison.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
So the general consensus seems to be that Tony Allen is more productive than Stack would be?  Yikes.  I must be really out of touch.  Because I am seeing absolutely nothing good from TA at all.  Not even good defense.

TA has more potential to be more productive. 

It is just not out there on a night to night basis. 

That's been the story of TA's entire career. Potential. When does it stop becoming potential and start becoming the fact that he just may not be that good?!

If he hadn't been injured I think he is a different story, but it is what it is.

I would LOVE Stack on this team. Pride said Stack wouldn't bring any more to the team than Ray Allen. WHAT?! Is that a problem or something?! Give me 12 Ray Allen's anytime. TA can't hold Ray's jock!

im willing to give him a non-injury year before i declare him a bust at the least. if he plays well this year, then he is what he is, a nice bench player.

also, ray allen is going to be a HOF'er, not alot of people in the NBA can hold his jock. not sure thats exactly a fair comparison.

To steal a line from the West Wing:

Is there some kind of epidemic of jock holding in the NBA that I don't know about?

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 07:33:38 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Stackhouse can shoot from the perimeter.

I'll take him.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 08:18:22 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'm not convinced that Stackhouse is an upgrade on Tony Allen.

He'd be a great addition if signed after a buyout, but as a trade? Too much money, too little production/contribution. Too hard to win a trade like that. Danny should leave Stackhouse alone.

If I were Dallas I'd rather have Tony Allen, better fit for them.

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Stackhouse possibly and Mcdycess not a chance. If Jerry can play the backup 3 I would take him, but money could be a issue.   

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 10:37:49 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Well its offense vs defense.  TA is much better on D.

Sure Stackhouse could help.  He could be a designated shooter, like Del Curry, to hit some big shots in the playoffs.  He would be a Cassell replacement, not a TA replacement.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 11:18:46 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Yeah on paper Stackhouse for TA is pretty much a no brainer.  But I'd hate to trade away probably our best one on one wing defender.

Greg

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2008, 11:30:21 PM »

Offline professorperkins

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 10
I'm of the belief that Stackhouse is D-O-N-E. Let the numbers speak.

Jerry Stackhouse
MIN   FG   PCT   3P   PCT   FT   PCT   STL   BLK   TO   PF   OFF   DEF   TOT   AST   PTS
141   16-55   .291   3-16   .188   7-7   1.000   4   0   8   5   5   10   15   9   42
Gerald Green
MIN   FG   PCT   3P   PCT   FT   PCT   STL   BLK   TO   PF   OFF   DEF   TOT   AST   PTS
140   26-56   .464   5-16   .313   11-12   .917   2   1   10   19   5   25   30   5   68
I enjoy his lusty 19% 3 point shooting, but the dude is only shooting 29% from the field, and I have a hunch that his 40 year old body probably doesn't have many tough drives to the hoop to pick up fouls left in it. Count me out.
"Chicks dig the offensive rebound." - Max

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I don't think he can. Maybe he's just out of shape or unmotivated, I don't know, but he's been looking like he doesn't have much left for a while. I had more confidence on Cassell than I'd have on Stackhouse.

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
he's been out of the rotation (so i'm assuming that there is some conditioning work to be done) and he also has a "slight" injury (a foot or leg, i believe).  so combine those two and you could see why he would struggle...plus, i'm certain he's got some attitude issues that are clogging up his mind as well...

i still believe in the guy...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Jerry Stackhouse may leave Mavs
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
This guy might be a great addition to our team, and I think he is within our price range.
Link: http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/18/stackhouse.options.ap/index.html
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Re: Jerry Stackhouse may leave Mavs
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 03:56:52 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Stack sounds good to me. We still need a solid long wing to come off the bench. I bet he'd sign for the minimum on a contender.

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
And...Scals is back on the end of the bench.  :'(

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 04:05:53 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
And...Scals is back on the end of the bench.  :'(

How can you say that now that Scals in on a roll?