Author Topic: Awful Movie Alert  (Read 9218 times)

Awful Movie Alert
« on: November 16, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
They are making a sequel to Green St Hooligans.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1300853/

I really liked Green St Hooligans. Its the main reason I started watching Sons of Anarchy because Charlie Hunnam is also in it. It even made Elliajah (sp) Wood look like not a total pansy. The new movie has different writers, directors, and doesn't even have Boover(sp?) coming back.

This movie will fail incredibly. Thoughts?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Awful Movie Alert
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Oh no!

Absolutely awful film. One of the worst ever made.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Hooligans? really? I kinda liked it.

Did you like "The Factory"? (I think that was the name)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 04:00:37 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Yeah Hooligans. I hate that genre of film, so unrealistic and glorifies meaningless violence. I hate the message it portrays more than the film itself, but from a purely film point of view it was still a horrible film.

As for Football Factory, it gets a slightly higher rating for me as it was original, Green St. just took the concept and killed it.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 04:16:39 PM »

Offline papa shuttlesworth

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 46
I thought the original was ok, but Elijiah Wood is more believable as a hobbit than a tough guy.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Elijiah Wood is more believable as a hobbit than a tough guy.

LOL, TP.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Yeah Hooligans. I hate that genre of film, so unrealistic and glorifies meaningless violence. I hate the message it portrays more than the film itself, but from a purely film point of view it was still a horrible film.

As for Football Factory, it gets a slightly higher rating for me as it was original, Green St. just took the concept and killed it.

read "Among the Thugs" - its about a reporter who goes among the hooligans, it doesn't promote senseless violence (neither does GSH IMO) it shows us that this stuff is really out there, and something needs to be done about it
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 10:41:25 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
This may have just ruined my night.  GSH is one of my favorite movies and this second makes no sense.  The first one didn't really make a lot of money, a sequel just seems wierd.  Oh well, hopefully it'll be good though it's doubtful.
do it

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

read "Among the Thugs" - its about a reporter who goes among the hooligans, it doesn't promote senseless violence (neither does GSH IMO) it shows us that this stuff is really out there, and something needs to be done about it

SPOILER ALERT

GSH didn't glorify meaningless violence. Think about the ending scene at the wharf. Everyone's gathered around and everything's stopped around Pete Dunham... No one's fighting anymore.

"Pete's life taught me to stand up for myself. His death taught me there was a time to walk away."

That being said, an sequel will kill the message of the original movie. What a disaster this one should be. They are trying to capitalize on the non traditional "Boondock Saints" style path this movie took to popularity, and the second movie is going to suck which is a shame.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 09:18:14 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
The fact is, it shouldn't be called GSH 2, its really not a sequel.  No similar characters.  What I think could make them money and would satisfy us, is a possible prequel with how the GSE started with the Major.  That way, it's actually connected to GSH.
do it

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
is this thread for any movie or rental? if so i'm nominating the movie "once". i really regretting renting this movie. i can't believe i contributed to my 4 bucks or whatever to it's success. seriously ,the worst movie i've seen in years.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 10:38:54 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
Who's Frodo going to be fighting in this one, Doogie Howser? Of course it's going to be a stinker...but that usually means it'll make a ton of money, so it depends on your criteria.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:16:48 PM by davemonsterband »
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 08:08:23 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Wow I thought the first movie was bad enough... like an upper class teenage american boys fantasy of going somewhere and being a gangster.  And the melodrama and sheer implausibility idea of their being an "alpha" hooligan or something like that... we're talking about a group of people who have to depend on anarchy in order to do what they do.

Maybe new writers, new director, new everything will make it better.

No, probably not.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 10:12:40 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Can't possibly be worse than 'The Happening'. I attempted to watch it last night and about an hour in wanted to break the DVD in half. One of the worst movies I've ever seen and I've seen a lot.

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
WOW. yeah the happening was so bad it was scary. shamalamadindong is now saying he's gonna make an unbreakable 2( he'll probably ruin it) because kids have stopped him in the street(that's kids plural) and asked him to sign their copy of unbreakable that they are carrying around in their back pack. no lie. he really said that.lol.