Author Topic: Patrick O'bryant  (Read 27356 times)

Re: Patrick O'bryant
« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2008, 10:48:39 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
if you look at the play where he gets backed down, after he just wraps up Oden you can see this super frustrated look on eddie house's face.

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2008, 11:08:08 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
...and you can't teach EFFORT either.

his lack of it will keep his rear end on the bench.  i don't advocate keeping a guy because he's tall...
I agree completely with the effort comment. If he gave as much out there as House does, or KG or Perk, etc. he would be a legitimate backup center in the making. Instead he is a project that likely won't happen. If he can't "get it" by the offseason, then he will likely not be kept. That is justified. We still have some time to see what will happen though.

« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2008, 01:24:18 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
I was perusing basketball-reference and I came up with some amazing statistics supporting POB.

The dude, per 36 minutes, is a great producer. 14.4/12.3 in fact. With a very nice 2.1 blocks and the biggest statistic of all. An astounding 10.3/6.2

What is the 10.3/6.2 I hear you ask?
Well, I am glad to tell you, that our magnificent man himself, averages 10.3 fouls and 6.2 turnovers per 36 minutes.

Now if a guy like that can't get minutes on a championship team, I don't know who should.

« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2008, 02:09:30 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
...and you can't teach EFFORT either.

his lack of it will keep his rear end on the bench.  i don't advocate keeping a guy because he's tall...
I agree completely with the effort comment. If he gave as much out there as House does, or KG or Perk, etc. he would be a legitimate backup center in the making. Instead he is a project that likely won't happen. If he can't "get it" by the offseason, then he will likely not be kept. That is justified. We still have some time to see what will happen though.

I actually think his effort has been alright here lately - he just hasn't really figured out where to direct it. 

And he's just not strong enough to deal with Oden.  Strong big guys are going to kill him.  We might as well come to terms with that fact.  Look at his body - that won't change any time soon.

« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2008, 08:20:42 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I was perusing basketball-reference and I came up with some amazing statistics supporting POB.

The dude, per 36 minutes, is a great producer. 14.4/12.3 in fact. With a very nice 2.1 blocks and the biggest statistic of all. An astounding 10.3/6.2

What is the 10.3/6.2 I hear you ask?
Well, I am glad to tell you, that our magnificent man himself, averages 10.3 fouls and 6.2 turnovers per 36 minutes.

Now if a guy like that can't get minutes on a championship team, I don't know who should.

do us a favor and check those same numbers for the t'wolves...

i kept hearing those same statistics when gerald and big al were here...

oh, and then check the standings too...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2008, 09:45:35 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
patrick is a very laid back person though... it didn't seem like ryan gomes was trying very hard each night; at least you wouldn't be able to see from his face.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2008, 11:00:06 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
patrick is a very laid back person though... it didn't seem like ryan gomes was trying very hard each night; at least you wouldn't be able to see from his face.

You didn't have Gomes' former and current coaches calling him out for being lazy / lackadaisical, though.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions