Author Topic: Sean Williams?  (Read 19335 times)

Re: Sean Williams?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 11:02:08 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
The knock on him is the behavior but honestly id take a guy who rips apart his locker because he WANTS to be on the floor and play, as opposed to a guy whos comfortable in street clothes on the bench and who really doesnt seem to care. I think KG and Clifford would do wonders for this kid. Hes got a lot of tools he just needs the right place and situation to display them all.

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 11:13:35 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'd offer Giddens for him straight up, and stand up from the table.  If they don't take it, he isn't worth it.

Or Scal. I'd offer Scal too. Or Giddens and Scal.

that won't work, salary doesnt match. I'd offer pruitt and big baby.

I don't know that I'd offer Davis for him straight up. How about POB and a 2nd rounder?

I know I wouldn't.  Right now Davis is a major part of our rotation, and has been playing excellent basketball.  Williams is way too much of a wildcard to give up Davis for.

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 11:23:51 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
The knock on him is the behavior but honestly id take a guy who rips apart his locker because he WANTS to be on the floor and play, as opposed to a guy whos comfortable in street clothes on the bench and who really doesnt seem to care. I think KG and Clifford would do wonders for this kid. Hes got a lot of tools he just needs the right place and situation to display them all.

Well, he also hasn't shown too much polish on his game either.  He certainly has some incredible raw skills, but it would be a major leap to say that he can contribute on a contending team in a complicated defensive system like the C's right now.

I think if the C's were to trade for him, they would have to get him under the assumption that he would not be part of the rotation this year, and anything they get from him is a bonus to what he could be in the future.  For a team in the position the C's are in, it really limits how much they can give up for someone like that.

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 11:39:20 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
Yeah chris i totally agree with your assesment. My point is i think its worth it at this point because talented bigs in the league are few and far between. Not saying hes unbeleivably talented right now but he def has the future potential. And i think hed def be a much better Center off the bench than POB who cant even get out of street clothes. Im not hating on Baby but i think at this point his window of potnetial is alomost if not already at peak. With Williams hes  Center who is kind of unlimited to this point so far. So if Baby had to be included in a deal id do it. Not a knock against Baby hes a great player and great person but Williams to me anyways is a risk well worth it.

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 11:39:45 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Well the behavior issue isn't him ripping up his locker.  It goes all the way back to getting kicked off the team at BC.  Because of that he's got a real short leash in the eyes of GMs.  
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I agree that Big Baby is pretty near his potential, and that Williams has all kinds of raw talent, but as far as this years playoffs, I'd rather have Baby.  He is a smart player who stays within the system.  Williams has looked incredibly undisiplined the times that I have seen him.

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Yeah chris i totally agree with your assesment. My point is i think its worth it at this point because talented bigs in the league are few and far between. Not saying hes unbeleivably talented right now but he def has the future potential. And i think hed def be a much better Center off the bench than POB who cant even get out of street clothes. Im not hating on Baby but i think at this point his window of potnetial is alomost if not already at peak. With Williams hes  Center who is kind of unlimited to this point so far. So if Baby had to be included in a deal id do it. Not a knock against Baby hes a great player and great person but Williams to me anyways is a risk well worth it.

The only way I would include Baby in the deal is if they were positive that PJ or someone similar was going to be joining them for the stretch run.  He plays too important a role on this team to give up without an adequate replacement (and Williams wouldn't be an adequate replacement...he would actually be a better fit in the Powe role).

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 01:22:17 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If the nets, a rebuilding team that needs as many chips as anyone in the league, are going to either get rid of him or demote him, I think we keep our hat out of it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I think his ESPN profile picture should tell you all you need to know about Williams.

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think Garnett, Pierce, and Perk's collective influence could easily teach him to focus his obvious emotional volatility into intensity on the court and make him a major asset to the team.  That said, I think there's no way we get him, and if we traded Baby for him the fans would be very quick to turn on him.

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 03:19:37 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

I think his ESPN profile picture should tell you all you need to know about Williams.

"Hey, I cost BC a real shot at their first Final Four appearance"

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 03:27:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

"Hey, I cost BC a real shot at their first Final Four appearance"
I'dd add "and you're a dork" (directed to the cameraman taking his picture) to that.
Yup

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 03:43:26 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
So im patching together that the general overall consensus on this kid is the cons far outweigh the pros. As much as an asset he could possibly pose in the future and  now as a better back up for Perk than Peanut Butter Obryant his cons that manifest themselves in selfish immature behavior outweigh it. So the Red Flags are making everyone shy away? Im a little blurry on the actual incidents that got him kicked off the team on B.C.

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008, 04:00:28 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
So im patching together that the general overall consensus on this kid is the cons far outweigh the pros. As much as an asset he could possibly pose in the future and  now as a better back up for Perk than Peanut Butter Obryant his cons that manifest themselves in selfish immature behavior outweigh it. So the Red Flags are making everyone shy away? Im a little blurry on the actual incidents that got him kicked off the team on B.C.

O'Bryant isn't backing up Perk, Davis is.

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'd offer Giddens for him straight up, and stand up from the table.  If they don't take it, he isn't worth it.

Or Scal. I'd offer Scal too. Or Giddens and Scal.

that won't work, salary doesnt match. I'd offer pruitt and big baby.

I don't know that I'd offer Davis for him straight up. How about POB and a 2nd rounder?

I know I wouldn't.  Right now Davis is a major part of our rotation, and has been playing excellent basketball.  Williams is way too much of a wildcard to give up Davis for.

I don't understand why people are obsessed with big baby. i think he's ok.. but all he's been doing lately is take jump shots he can't make. I hate it when he takes those shots. I'd much rahter have powe come off the bench as PF and if we traded for williams he can help us defend guys like Horford and dwight howard in the playoff. I think we should move big baby while his stock is high.