Author Topic: Sean Williams?  (Read 19410 times)

Sean Williams?
« on: November 14, 2008, 08:53:31 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Word on Real GM is Sean Williams might be on the trading block. Ive been watching this story develop for a few days now and basically hes livid that hes not getting any playing time. Yesterday it was reported he ripped his nameplate off his oak locker. Obviously the guy might have some issues (see time at Boston College) but in the bigger scheme of things hes a lot better back up Center than POB in my opinion. I just think he needs a KG Paul and Jesus to get him in line. Hes in An atmospeher with ateam basically playing for cap space and next near with no real veteran leadership. Vince Carter? Please... So the question is should we grab this guy and take a chance?

Re: Sean Williams?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I'd offer Giddens for him straight up, and stand up from the table.  If they don't take it, he isn't worth it.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'd offer Giddens for him straight up, and stand up from the table.  If they don't take it, he isn't worth it.

Or Scal. I'd offer Scal too. Or Giddens and Scal.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:10:52 AM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25

that won't work, salary doesnt match. I'd offer pruitt and big baby.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 09:13:09 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Do you guys agree tho hes a better risk to take for a Center than POB? Cause even tho he tore apart his locker to me it shows he cares and wants to be out on the floor. The same cant be said of POB. I mean if anything its been the exact opposite with that guy and that just boils my blood.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Do you really think Paul and KG can cure retardation?

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 09:48:44 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

that won't work, salary doesnt match. I'd offer pruitt and big baby.

I don't know that I'd offer Davis for him straight up. How about POB and a 2nd rounder?

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 09:52:36 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The Nets suck and he's not seeing minutes there.  He wouldn't see any minutes on a championship contender and I kinda doubt he'd understand why here either. 

Pass.

Two years ago I'd say send Gerald Green for a guy like him or something.  Now...pass,
Yup

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 09:59:11 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Didn't Pruitt have a pair of really good games against the Nets in preseason? Maybe he's caught their eye, maybe has some extra value in their eyes?

Sean Williams is a risky get, but high upside. I think I'd be willing to trade anything outside the top 8 players (Powe, Tony, House, starting five).

Are the Celtics able to trade any more first rounders? I'd be willing to consider that. Williams is likely a better prospect than the Celtics can get with their low first round pick.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
Has anyone seen this guy play? When his head is in the game he can be a pretty good backup C. He at least offers a long body to alter shots, not to mention hes athletic which means he can block most of those altered shots, clean up the boards, and he seems in great shape to run up and down the floor with the 2nd unit. Imagine House or Pruitt running the point, TA as SG, PP or Ray at SF(whenever Doc leaves 1 star with the 2nd unit, Powe at PF and Sean Williams at C. That is a pretty good energy group right there.

Sean Williams would learn from KG and Clifford Ray. I personally think if he would come here that in 2-3 years he COULD replace Perk as starting C. The potential is there. With POB the potential is not. At the least the C's should send Big Baby and Scal for Williams + cash(to cover scals contract) and possibly a future 2nd rounder??? Id do it in a heart beat. Worst case scenario we cut the kid.

PS. He reminds me of Tyson Chandler, athletic, tall, bad attitude, but after 3-4 years of mediocrity Chandler has at least placed himself in the top 10 C's in the league. IMHO

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 10:26:35 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He seems small for the power forward position, never mind center.  Listed at 6'10, he is more like 6'8 and skinny.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 10:33:34 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Williams has proven that he can be an adequate backup big with decent potential for improvement.  However, if the Nets are going to trade him, I doubt it would be in their own division.  Factor in our lack of trade chips, and I don't see this happening.  While I'd like to see Williams back in Boston, there's too much working against it.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 10:50:05 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I haven't forgave him for what he did to BC, so forgive me if I say I don't want him on the Celtics.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:01:33 AM by Donoghus »

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 10:56:42 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Sean Williams is a headcase. If he can't earn PT there and he's crying why would he be able to earn it here. The Big 3 can do a lot of things for a locker room, but i'm not convinced they can cure (team) cancers. I think Williams is more of a project than POB.

And while POB's been here his intensity has been questioned not his desire. The rep from Golden State seems to have followed him.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
He seems small for the power forward position, never mind center.  Listed at 6'10, he is more like 6'8 and skinny.

Def not 6'8.  He easily had a few inches over Craig Smith.  I'd try to get him cheap.
do it