Author Topic: Nuggets (4-3) at Celtics (8-1) 11/14  (Read 35654 times)

Re: Nuggets (4-3) at Celtics (8-1) 11/14
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2008, 11:03:25 PM »

Offline lofloceltic

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I knew Perk would get a turnover on that possession because Nene had been stealing the ball from him all night.  

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2008, 11:04:03 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Way too many turnovers.  Can we please stop leaving our feet when making passes.  

Also, our defensive rotations have been slow.  Finally, the bench is going to need to be upgraded.  You simply cannnot trust T. Allen and BBD and Powe are replicas of one another.

Hopefully, this loss serves as a wakeup call for these guys because I saw no intensity tonight.

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2008, 11:05:10 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Pretty simple...

Legit 7-footer meaning he is legitimately 7 feet tall. Not a posted 6'10 as Perk is listed, but 7 feet. he's averaged a hulking 5 mins per game, I believe appearing in 2 games so far this year. If I read that stat right during the game.

Doc has never liked young players. For this game, at least, I think it bit him in the ass. Denver was able to get inside quite a bit. I think having some length in there would've helped.

TP i loved the POB pickup and i defended him for a long while, but it goes against the TEAM if a guy is lazy, doesn't work in practice, and doesn't run the floor, but you still give him minutes.

if he had the drive of leon or glen he could be amazing.

but after tonight mcdyce (sp?) is looking better and better.

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2008, 11:06:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Pretty simple...

Legit 7-footer meaning he is legitimately 7 feet tall. Not a posted 6'10 as Perk is listed, but 7 feet. he's averaged a hulking 5 mins per game, I believe appearing in 2 games so far this year. If I read that stat right during the game.

Doc has never liked young players. For this game, at least, I think it bit him in the ass. Denver was able to get inside quite a bit. I think having some length in there would've helped.

TP i loved the POB pickup and i defended him for a long while, but it goes against the TEAM if a guy is lazy, doesn't work in practice, and doesn't run the floor, but you still give him minutes.

if he had the drive of leon or glen he could be amazing.

but after tonight mcdyce (sp?) is looking better and better.

we'd all love dice, but its a pipe dream. he's taking a month off and going back to the pistons.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2008, 11:06:53 PM »

Offline lofloceltic

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
Game is still early but the Lakers have come out flat tonight.  I hope they hurry up and lose so that those who think that they're going undefeated this year will come back to their senses. ::)  

« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2008, 11:13:24 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Seemed to me that the only times we made a run was when Perk was on the floor. Our trademark defensive intensity was absent for 70% of the game. We looked like fat cats out there, turning it on and off. Unfortunately, that has been a very consistent thing so far this year. It is pretty early, and it is only one game. We are 7-2. Lots of positives, but this team is clearly not as good as last year's team at this point. We do not need to be a championship level team yet, but will need to be much better than this when that time comes.

Everyone played poorly tonight, but our bench is average at best compared to lots of teams in this league.

our bench is better than average, leon powe is good, tony allen is good, eddie house is good. but if leon doesn't get to the foul line and make his shots the second unit doesn't work as well. also: it seems like TA was just hanging out on the opposite side of the play tonight, he's the teams 4th leading scorer, at least give him the touch.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. We have some big flaws on our bench right now. Our lack of length has been a consistent problem with both Baby and Powe on the floor. Rebounding is tough for this group. This group is made of 4 one dimensional players, without a dynamic one to play along with a starter. Maybe the group just needs time to mesh better, which I am willing to give. But, good coaches can easily find ways to exploit this group offensively and defensively at this time.

A pet peeve of mine is when Tony drives with the sole intent of drawing contact. He needs to drive to the rim and let the contact come from his aggressiveness. He will make more shots and get just as many free throws.

It is very early in the season, however. I don't want to over-react to one game.

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2008, 11:19:13 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
James Posey scores 14 off the hornets bench
...salt in the wound..ugh

« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2008, 12:29:50 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108

Hornets have one more loss with the vaunted Posey. I know it hurts not having him but it kinda gets annoying how overhyped he is.

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2008, 12:50:58 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Once again as i stated i would like glen davis out there in the 4th with the rest of the starters. Among powe and perk his iq is higher. Doc honestly needs to start adapting better than this

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2008, 02:53:46 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Hornets have one more loss with the vaunted Posey. I know it hurts not having him but it kinda gets annoying how overhyped he is.

Good point. If we are to mourn the loss
of Posey every time he has a big game, we
can probably do so every other game this
season. Yeah, he IS hard to replace but
ultimately I think we'll deal with it in
some way or other. Let's move on!

« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2008, 05:13:08 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
was at the game today.
what an ugly game for celts, no effort what so ever, taking jumpshots the whole game, no one taking it to the hoop. comiing out of time out down 2 and pirk is handling the ball, wasting shot clock time and rondo shooting 3s.
i have heard people in this sight talking about how weak our fans have become because of big corporations buying so many tickets, but ill tell u that the wholle 22 lodge were loud and realizing the lack of effort tonight.

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2008, 05:17:53 AM »

Offline Spinmove00

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Does anyone know where Bill Walker was last night ?  Did Patrick O'Bryant's activation mean he has outplayed Walker, or is Walker injured ?

« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2008, 07:35:12 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I noticed Rondo'd drive to the hoop a lot but he never had the intention to shoot the ball, you knew he had made his mind up to pass the ball before he even went in.  It seems a lot of the turnover come from the team trying to play too much like a team if that makes sense. It's like people don't want to take the shot and look to make that extra pass which a lot of times leads to a turnover.

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2008, 08:20:48 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Atleast one plus is that we made a comeback from being down by 10 or more 3 times!!!
The second qtr was the time to take the game over, we had momentum, but the bench didn't react.
I think that DEN was very prepared for this game
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger