Author Topic: Can any Western Conference team takeout the Lakers  (Read 10097 times)

Can any Western Conference team takeout the Lakers
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:58:12 AM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
If the Hornets got steamrolled by the Lakers on their homecourt I don't see anyone beating them. The Hornets only scored 30 points in the 1st half. They looked uncomfortable the whole time. They aren't soft anymore and Andrew Bynum could have been the difference in the finals last year. Even if Kobe got season ending surgery the Lakers would be a top team in the west. Andrew Bynum and Pau gasol are prolly going to be voted all stars this year as well.

Re: Can any Western Conference team takeout the Lakers
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Big fan of the lakers eh JR? they get a new thread per win :D

anyway, yea, i think alot of western conferance teams canhang with them, the west is still the more competitive conferance near the top, but i think the've showed that at least early they are far and away the favroite, just like were showing in the east.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 11:03:49 AM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
I hate the Lakers but these guys are the best team in the NBA right now and its not even close. The Lakers beat teams by 30 points at home and Andrew Bynum alters a lot of shots in the paint. Only injuries can stop this team from reaching the finals. Lamar odom and Trevor Ariza are better than any bench player we have. The Celtics would commit like 25+ turnovers against the lakers defense

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I hate the Lakers but these guys are the best team in the NBA right now and its not even close. The Lakers beat teams by 30 points at home and Andrew Bynum alters a lot of shots in the paint. Only injuries can stop this team from reaching the finals.

alot of teams look super dominate early and then don't make the finals. Their a close second best team right now (we've played a far tougher schedule, more games, and have more wins over projected playoff teams. plus, you gotta beat the champs to be the best.)

nothing's certain about the playoffs until you get them, but so far the lakers appear to be what i think most rationall B-ball fans thought they would be, one of the elite teams in the west.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 11:07:23 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yes, the Lakers are the favorites right now, but it's a long season.  I fully expect New Orleans to be playing better by the end of the season, and Houston, Utah, Phoenix, San Antonio, and any number of other teams could be tough playoff matchups.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 11:13:08 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Yes.  A lot can happen in the 75 remaining games.  More still can happen in the playoffs.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 11:35:22 AM »

Offline xChopsx

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
The only team I can see taking out the Lakers is New Orleans. Houston might give them a little toughness but the first matchup they played this year they got handled. Its still too early in the season but we'll see. When San Antonio gets there guys back, I think it will be to late.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 11:51:33 AM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
While the Lakers have looked good, it is important to note that their schedule has been very advantageous to starting the season out slowly and on the right foot --- long spaces between games, playing most games at home (including the "away game" at the Clippers) and easy opponents.

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 11:57:38 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
We were 29 and 3 at one point
last season and finished with
only 16 losses. Do you remember
the trouble we had ousting the
Hawks? I think we were by far
the best team in the league away
from home in the regular season
(correct me if I'm wrong)
yet we still had a lot of problems
when we played away games in the
playoffs. The playoffs are all about
here and now and that's one of the
best things about the NBA.

By the way, the Lakers won the game
by seven points. That's not "steamrolled"
on any page in my book...

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
the final score wasn't reflective of how dominant the Lakers were.  They were blowing the Hornets out.  They blew out the Rockets too.  They have pretty much blown out everyone.   Bynum seems to be the difference maker.  I'm not sure when they'll lose. 

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 12:51:40 PM »

Offline xChopsx

• Oshae Brissett
Well if you look at the rest of the Lakers schedule for the month of november it looks like they don't have a pretty hard schedule. Out of these 8 games the only teams I can see winning would be maybe Detroit and/or maybe Phoenix. Dallas is out to a poor start, Phoenix is all offense and our known not to play defense, same w/ Denver. So they have a chance to go 15-0 for the month of november, but I see at least a loss in these next 8 games.

Fri 14  vs Detroit
Tue 18  vs Chicago
Thu 20  @ Phoenix
Fri 21  vs Denver
Sun 23  vs Sacramento
Tue 25  vs New Jersey
Fri 28  vs Dallas
Sun 30  vs Toronto

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 01:04:53 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
the final score wasn't reflective of how dominant the Lakers were.  They were blowing the Hornets out.  They blew out the Rockets too.  They have pretty much blown out everyone.   Bynum seems to be the difference maker.  I'm not sure when they'll lose. 

December 25th, perhaps?  ::)

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I think Houston, SA, NO and even phoenix could take out the lakers.  In every series, as things stand right now, I think the smart money would be on the lakers.  But any one of those teams is capable of rising to the occasion and finishing off the Evil Sissies.

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Man, even Celtics fans are on the Laker bandwagon? And you'd think it was them that dismantled us in the Finals.

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »

Offline xChopsx

• Oshae Brissett
Man, even Celtics fans are on the Laker bandwagon? And you'd think it was them that dismantled us in the Finals.

Who are you pointing that out to. I've been a fan of the Lakers my whole life. Mostly because my favorite player is on that team. I live in MA and was born here.