Author Topic: Sign that PJ Brown Will Sign with the Hornets?  (Read 2053 times)

Sign that PJ Brown Will Sign with the Hornets?
« on: November 13, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
. . P.J. Brown does not plan to end his retirement, according to Hornets coach Byron Scott, speaking to the New Orleans Times-Picayune after Brown attended a practice in Westwego, La., Tuesday.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2008/11/13/versions_of_play_vary/

Would you rather have PJ Brown or McDyess?

Also, what about Joe Smith?  Any chance he gets bought out?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Sign that PJ Brown Will Sign with the Hornets?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »

Offline xChopsx

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
No offense to PJ Brown, i'd rather have Antonio McDyess. Hes a "little" younger, even though PJ showed us some line of work we didn't think he would prove last year. I think McDyess would help out on some defensive standards and some inside scoring.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'd rather have McDyess as well, but everything I have heard so far indicates that he will return to Detroit.  That leaves PJ Brown or possibly Joe Smith if he is bought out.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 02:02:37 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I'd prefer McDyess, but any of those three will be fine by me at POB's expense.

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 01:00:42 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Theres always Alonzo Mourning too.  This is the latest about him from espn.

Mourning still is restricted to working out on a stationary bicycle as he continues to rehabilitate from knee surgery, but he is expected to begin running in early December. He is said to be in phenomenal shape, having gotten his body fat down to 7 percent.

Odds are that when he does come back that it'll be in Miami, but Miami doesnt have a roster spot open for him, at least at the moment.  I think depending on how well Miami is doing once the 2nd half of the season rolls around, we could have a real nice shot at landing him.  Personally, Id rather have PJ, and obviously McDyess over Mourning, just because Mourning always seems to find a way to get injured and PJ already knows our defense, but none the less, he'd be a HUGE upgrade over our current siutation.  Not to mention, I refuse to believe we have any shot at landing McDyess.  PJ attending New Orleans practices is also pretty discouraging, especially since a lot have them picked as the favs to win it all, and on top of that hes from the area.  However, New Orleans is only 5-4 right now.

I think all we'll be able to do with talk about this stuff, at least regarding PJ and Zo.  Because I dont think theres gonna be any news regarding either of the two of those guys til probably mid january as it'll depend on whos the championship favorite then.
Greg