Author Topic: Michael Redd in '10?  (Read 1902 times)

Michael Redd in '10?
« on: November 12, 2008, 07:42:22 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
in 09/10 Ray Allen will be making- 18,776,860 and will be 36 years old

(32 yrs old) Michael Redd has an option (18,300,000) at the end of that season to stay with the Bucks. what are the chances that:

1) Ray Allen will retire after that season or not be a starter for the C's?
2) M Redd would decline his buck option to come to a contending team?

Re: Michael Redd in '10?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
i like your thinking.  the problem is that from Redd's point of view, $18.3M is an awful lot to give up (Cs would offer MLE).  Cs could try to trade Ray for Redd next year, but would have to throw in sweeteners (at least a first round draft pick).  I prefer to stay put at this point. 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 09:19:43 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The Bucks vastly overpaid for him, they are a bad market as far as the NBA is concerned and needed to pay whatever to keep a 3rd to 4th level star, so in other words, he knows he wont get more anywhere else.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 08:20:49 AM »

Offline xChopsx

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
Don't seem like a bad deal, but I think the Bucks would like to have some offensive power on there team and keep Redd. If not, they will want something other then Ray if it was even a possible trade, but I think Ray will retire a Celtic.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 09:45:57 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Assuming Ray is willing to take a paycut to stay and admittedly it would probably need to be substantially down from his current 18mil(like closer to 10-11 mil maybe)I think he stays. He's a team leader, a HIGHLY respected veteran who's impact on younger players is sworn by around the league. Not to mention he keeps himself in terrific shape with his OCD-like routines and his game is not predicated on contact. In fact of the 3, Ray's probably the guy I could see staying and being effective for the longest period of time.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Assuming Ray is willing to take a paycut to stay and admittedly it would probably need to be substantially down from his current 18mil(like closer to 10-11 mil maybe)I think he stays. He's a team leader, a HIGHLY respected veteran who's impact on younger players is sworn by around the league. Not to mention he keeps himself in terrific shape with his OCD-like routines and his game is not predicated on contact. In fact of the 3, Ray's probably the guy I could see staying and being effective for the longest period of time.

don't get me wrong, i dont want him to go anywhere. ray could chill and shoot the lights out till he's 45, but i don't know if he's gonna take the pay cut.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 05:21:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Ray gets moved in the off season or at trading deadline 2010 or somewhere in between. I don't see Danny not taking advantage of moving a $20 million a year expiring contract just before the biggest free agency year in possibly league history. I just hope it's for someone better than Michael Redd. My hope is Josh Howard.