Author Topic: KG's taunting  (Read 16030 times)

Re: KG's taunting
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2008, 03:01:08 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
KG is not the only player who tends to taunt their opponent after a big play. It´s just way more impressive if the
hyper-intense 6'11'' 3/4 KG does it.

Was it a technical? Absolutely.
But I wouldn´t want him any other way. He fired the team up in the third quarter, which led to an excellent fourth. KG gets a technical, and the Celtics the W, deal?

Everyone wants more emotion in the game, people still talk about the great 80´s/90´s all the time. Before the rule was implemented, we all loved to see the taunting.

McHale on Rambis anyone? That was worse than anything KG has ever done, and we still rave about it.

This whole thing gets so much attention because the Celts are the Champs, end of story. Raptors fans across the web are currently on a crusade against the refs(and Sam Mitchell), and I´m not exaggerating here. They even moan when they´ve won the game. Combine these two things, and you have a Scandal. This whole thing is already way out of proportion.

I hope KG stays exactly the way he is.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Yeah he has taken it all the way to the championship.

The Raptors could have taken that game but they got no one to take that shot.  No one who has been in the place Peirce, KG, and Ray Allen have.

The simple fact is this team is just now coming together and people can't stand it.

Los Angeles,Houston, Detroit, Toronto.  Looking forward to tonights game.  bring them all.

TONY Allen is passing Posey.  Leon is seperating himself from Big Baby.  Allen is getting his ankles back.  House is gettting his shot back.

they are winning when they play bad against good teams.

i'm loving every minute of it.
Toney Allen is passing Posey at what?

so far? PPG, AssistPG, FT's PG, Steals PG.

rebounds are down.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that one of the video clips shows one of the Toronto assistant coaches laughing when KG is talking to Calderon as they walk to their respective benches. It was just a blip, but it was enough to infer that the coach was kind of laughing it off as just KG being KG. Everybody in the league knows KG is a intense and a little crazy and most recognize that it's nothing personal. 

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2008, 03:21:29 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

The Raptors could have taken that game but they got no one to take that shot.  No one who has been in the place Peirce, KG, and Ray Allen have.

The simple fact is this team is just now coming together and people can't stand it.

Los Angeles,Houston, Detroit, Toronto.  Looking forward to tonights game.  bring them all.

TONY Allen is passing Posey.  Leon is seperating himself from Big Baby.  Allen is getting his ankles back.  House is gettting his shot back.

rebounds are down.

I do not want to read more into anything than is there,but was the statement meant to say in only 8games Tony Allen is much better than or more valuable than Posey was?If it is i do not agree also there contributions are/were different.Posey was a big part of our success in winning the championship and dont think its fair to devalue him because he is out of the picture.

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

rebounds are down.

I do not want to read more into anything than is there,but was the statement meant to say in only 8games Tony Allen is much better than or more valuable than Posey was?If it is i do not agree also there contributions are/were different.Posey was a big part of our success in winning the championship and dont think its fair to devalue him because he is out of the picture.

and i don't think its fair to trash tony allen simply because he's not the annointed james posey. (as alot of people are doing, and I'm no TA booster, but it's getting unreal)

James posey is a big loss, i loved the guy, I miss him. but he's not some sort of all encompassing mystical bench player that he's suddenly become.

So far, TA has been more than an adequate replacment for his production. So, i think its a fair statement to say that tony is passing poseys production at this early point, yes.

Embracing TA does not mean dismissing posey's relevance to last year, nor his loss. Nor does trashing TA unrealisticly, as some posters have been doing, make the loss of james posey any more significant.

It is what it is.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »

Offline TheRev72

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 29
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that one of the video clips shows one of the Toronto assistant coaches laughing when KG is talking to Calderon as they walk to their respective benches. It was just a blip, but it was enough to infer that the coach was kind of laughing it off as just KG being KG. Everybody in the league knows KG is a intense and a little crazy and most recognize that it's nothing personal. 

And I think that's what makes the phenomenon interesting.  Everyone simply expects KG to act that way and they don't take it personally.  They know he's a little insane once he steps onto the basketball court, and they put up with it.  Is it right that the refs are willing to look the other way when it comes to KG's behavior?  Probably not.  But they do anyway.

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2008, 03:35:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

And I think that's what makes the phenomenon interesting.  Everyone simply expects KG to act that way and they don't take it personally.  They know he's a little insane once he steps onto the basketball court, and they put up with it.  Is it right that the refs are willing to look the other way when it comes to KG's behavior?  Probably not.  But they do anyway.

Alonzo Mourning routinely took longer than the allotted 10 seconds to take a free throw.  I don't believe he was ever once called for a violation. 

I guess it is one of those things that is allowed to an established player.
Yup

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »

Offline rathcor

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
KG's finger wagging is the same as Rondo covering players eyes while defending.  Its funny

« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Alonzo Mourning routinely took longer than the allotted 10 seconds to take a free throw.  I don't believe he was ever once called for a violation. 

Lane violations on Shaq's free throws also come to mind. They often don't call the one's on Shaq or the one's his herky-jerk motion often cause. Though occasionally certain referee crews do call a few of them.

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

And I think that's what makes the phenomenon interesting.  Everyone simply expects KG to act that way and they don't take it personally.  They know he's a little insane once he steps onto the basketball court, and they put up with it.  Is it right that the refs are willing to look the other way when it comes to KG's behavior?  Probably not.  But they do anyway.

So does Jermaine O'Neal.  If the C's play Toronto in the playoffs, I can only hope that the crowd brings back the count to 10 when JO is at the line.  It always cracked me up.

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187

There's another way to take that.  The assistant coaches are generally ex-players, and I have yet to hear a SINGLE player or ex-player even mention it.  I don't think it's because of any supposed KG insanity, I think it's because players and ex-players all know trash talking is part of the game.  For them it's a non-issue.  If anything, old school players would like it even more because it was kind of a throw-back to when a little trash talk was encouraged and "real men played the sport" (like old-timers like to say).

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2008, 03:50:44 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5

There's another way to take that.  The assistant coaches are generally ex-players, and I have yet to hear a SINGLE player or ex-player even mention it.  I don't think it's because of any supposed KG insanity, I think it's because players and ex-players all know trash talking is part of the game.  For them it's a non-issue.  If anything, old school players would like it even more because it was kind of a throw-back to when a little trash talk was encouraged and "real men played the sport" (like old-timers like to say).
I agree with this.

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2008, 04:49:52 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

And I think that's what makes the phenomenon interesting.  Everyone simply expects KG to act that way and they don't take it personally.  They know he's a little insane once he steps onto the basketball court, and they put up with it.  Is it right that the refs are willing to look the other way when it comes to KG's behavior?  Probably not.  But they do anyway.

So does Jermaine O'Neal.  If the C's play Toronto in the playoffs, I can only hope that the crowd brings back the count to 10 when JO is at the line.  It always cracked me up.

I think the record got up to 18 during the 2003 Playoffs..

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 05:37:56 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
KG is not the only player who tends to taunt their opponent after a big play. It´s just way more impressive if the
hyper-intense 6'11'' 3/4 KG does it.

just to point it KG is 6  `  11``   7/4```
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 05:47:22 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

rebounds are down.

and i don't think its fair to trash tony allen simply because he's not the annointed james posey. (as alot of people are doing, and I'm no TA booster, but it's getting unreal)

James posey is a big loss, i loved the guy, I miss him. but he's not some sort of all encompassing mystical bench player that he's suddenly become.

So far, TA has been more than an adequate replacment for his production. So, i think its a fair statement to say that tony is passing poseys production at this early point, yes.

Embracing TA does not mean dismissing posey's relevance to last year, nor his loss. Nor does trashing TA unrealisticly, as some posters have been doing, make the loss of james posey any more significant.

It is what it is.
Show me one word i trashed TA in this thread or post?I didnt trash TA in this post but tried to show that the 2 players had different roles and value to the team when Posey was a member.I feel the initial intent in this post was to trash Posey in a sneaky way.It is unfair to rag on a player who gave his all in helping us win a championship.We are only  8 games into the season.  Using a hand full of stats to try and prove TA is a better player than Posey is not fair to either player. I had no intention of dogging Tony only pointing out its not fair to compare them at all so soon.