Author Topic: TP for Tommy  (Read 4914 times)

Re: TP for Tommy
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I love Tommy. He gets a TP from me every game.  I really miss him when I am stuck with the other team's feed on League Pass. 

I want maxwell to take donny's job so bad it hurts....

Yeh, that did get my imagination going the other night.

ps crownsy - how's that plot to take down my baseball team coming along? ;D

ive picked keepers, now i marinate my hate in my underground lair, biding my time until our draft and new season.

I'm like a super villain, only I'm not super...or a villain....and i don't have a lair...more like a room in an apartment...

but the destruction, that hopefully will come about  ;D

mmmmmmm....marinated hate...my favorite :)

all my hopes ride on josh hamilton's continued success despite his teams suckiness.

I talk big, but this may in fact be a rebuilding year hehe.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
All these people who are questioning Tommy (as they have the right to do) would have thrown up in their mouths listening to Johnny Most - yet Johnny's in the Basketball HOF.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 04:50:30 PM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Do you see the words "tommy" and "drunk" in the same sentence that often? ???

Seriously, I did not mean to imply Tommy was a drunk. When I read it back, I can see why it would appear that way and I apologize to you, Tommy( if he's reading this) and any drunks I may have offended.
[/quote]

Thats okay, I forgive you.

Put me down as someone who thinks Tommy is a national treasure.
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 01:15:25 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I love Tommy. He gets a TP from me every game.  I really miss him when I am stuck with the other team's feed on League Pass. 

I want maxwell to take donny's job so bad it hurts....
Gotta agree Max isn't my favorite guy but job wise he does far far better than donny (look how pretty I am) Marshall

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 04:21:46 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
There is nothing wrong with the way Tommy does games.  99% of Celtics fans love tommy, and guess who is watching the broadcasts... Celtics fans.  I'm tired of hearing people complain that he is a homer (mostly people from out of town and on national TV).  He is a celtics fans, those of us watching are celtics fans, so there is nothing wrong with that.  National broadcasts should be unbiased... not the team's local tv partner.  Should comcast stop airing commercials that promote Celtics basketball and market it as NBA basketball featuring the Celtics?  No, it makes no sense.  When we tune into watch games on comcast we all want to watch Celtics basketball.  The in studio show talks about the celtics and what they have done well or need to do.  The games are about the Celtics, accept it.  And i agree, tommy is a national treasure.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 04:50:05 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
What I never understand is Nationally you always hear people dissing tommy and calling him a homer, yet I was watching the lakers broadcast last night, and their announcers are downright on their knees, filthy ass homers..as are all hometown team announcers...Tommy just gets loud
But I'll admit, his homerism can become a little much at times, but I love him nontheless.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
Tommy saved my Basketball life!

If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have become committed to watching every game when I remembered my boyhood favorite team while surfing channels when I got my own TV as an adult (he was there way back then, too!)

Gorman [smithers?] is cool, too, and those two are quite the old couple with such a long history.  Gorman always trying to rein in Tommy's full-blown blind loyalty to anything Celtic.  A slight foil only, but it's good cop-bad cop but always on the same side.  Love everything about those guys.  I just hope Comcast has the guts to stand behind him when he has a politically in-correct comment on-air.  However it ends, it will end someday, and I will appreciate him and be grateful every broadcast, win or lose!  This thread has to happen from time to time, because Tommy brings Celtic Nation together!

Go Celts!
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
What I never understand is Nationally you always hear people dissing tommy and calling him a homer, yet I was watching the lakers broadcast last night, and their announcers are downright on their knees, filthy ass homers..as are all hometown team announcers...Tommy just gets loud
But I'll admit, his homerism can become a little much at times, but I love him nontheless.

Agreed.  I think it's so silly that people complain about him being a homer.  Maybe he is, but so what?  At least he has a reason.  The played and coached for Celtics championship teams.  He really is a part of the organization.

I tune into local Cavaliers coverage and it's like a pair of company yes man salivating over everything Lebron does and being completely baffled by any call that goes against him, or does not penalize the visiting villains.  At least Tommy has energy.  Listening to these shmucks try to talk basketball is like having the world cup commentated by Tom Cruise and Richard Gere (the only tools I could think of that were bigger require a permit to operate).