Author Topic: Looking forward to @ Minnesota next Friday  (Read 1172 times)

Looking forward to @ Minnesota next Friday
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Last year's Celtics @ Minnesota game was the first one I looked for after seeing KG was traded.  I felt robbed last year when KG missed it due to injury, and even though I know the excitement and outpour he'll receive this year will not touch what would've happened last year had he played, I still know there are going to thousands of Wolves fans excited to show KG appreciation for his 12 wonderful seasons in Minnesota.

Think about how much you all love Big Al, then imagine he played another 8 seasons, won an MVP, took you to the brink of an NBA Finals and did it for a team that never knew anything but 60 loss seasons before hand - no Russell, Bird, Havliceck, Red, etc to look back on during the bad times - then you'll get an idea about what KG meant to us.  As happy as I am to see him succeeding in Boston, I still miss him like hell in a Minnesota uniform sometimes.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Looking forward to @ Minnesota next Friday
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
That's worth a TP.
I hope you'll enjoy the game
and that it'll be a good one.

Re: Looking forward to @ Minnesota next Friday
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 07:20:33 PM »

Offline sky101

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
That game last year in Minny without KG was great - intense, very competitive and I remember the last play that I assume caused many of us to have a crush on Leon Powe - he flat out won the game for us by taking ray allen's missed layup (he was so fouled on that) and softly laying it in for the win at the buzzer - amazing and intelligent play! 

The new Minny team may not have a great record yet, but they seem to be competitive - so it won't be an easy win!